Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I'm definitely going to bed happy tonight haha. That trade with Cleveland was great by Spielman. We got our franchise LT for the next 15 years. Then we got a Safety that we have needed for years too. Can't wait to see what we do now in the 3rd round. Hopefully a WR falls to us like a Quick. When we traded up i thought we were going with Stephen Hill. We have 10 picks in the next two days, we could easily pull the trigger and move up again.
I thought we were moving up for Hill too, with San Fran picking at 30 and needing a WR who can stretch the field, I just thought we were leap frogging them. I got so pumped thinking about him on the outside, then I came back to reality and remembered that we were really high on Harrison Smith. Still am very happy with the pick, though.

I think we stay put for the most part and use those picks to build up much needed depth. The good news is that there's great depth at both CB and WR, and then at our lesser needs, like DT there's really good depth, and even the depth at LB isn't too bad once you get to the middle rounds.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 04-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killer draft so far. Minnesota needed that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pleased to get Kalil and Smith. Good first day Rick.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can live with it but I would've much rather stayed at 35. We could've taken Smith there and if not then more than likely Hill would still be there.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never been too high on Hill. I'd like to spend a 3rd or 4th on a small school sleeper at WR.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Spielman is one cheeky kunt
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved it.

I felt like the Vikings killed it. Everybody is talking about the Patriots nailing it in the first round, but they gave up much more than we did to get their picks. Moving up for Smith was basically for free because of the sweet trade down with Cleveland.

I hope that we use our plethora of 4th & 5th round picks to continue to move up.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Never been too high on Hill. I'd like to spend a 3rd or 4th on a small school sleeper at WR.
Are you really going to be comfortable with Harvin, Simpson and small school sleeper? I'm not. I want a guy who can come in here and play.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We rocked day one. Just hoping we can get a dropper DT or WR in round 3. Maybe we could move up again using two fourths to get a guy like Hill, Jenkins, Worthy, or Still.

I also have a man crush on Ladrius Green. Let's get him and a receiver with our next two picks!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Last edited by prock : 04-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about mike jenkins? rumor has it that the plowboys are now shopping him around. Would it be worth sending a/some mid-late picks for him? Would he even fit our scheme? Just pondering.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman said Smith was the only other safety in the draft they Vikings felt could start day 1. With that being said, I am very glad he moved up to get him. Basically we gave up nothing to do it as we had already gained several extra picks, and getting a starter at DB was a must in this draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Kalil really wanted to be here.

Quote:
Out of all the visits I took, Minnesota was the only place where I could really see myself living and spending the next 10 years and finishing out my football career there. I knew some people that went to Minnesota and a lot of players that played there. They said there's no other place like it, especially the fanbase that Minnesota has -- it's probably the best in the NFL. So, as soon as I was picked there, I knew I was going into a great place and a great team as well."

I really couldn't picture myself any other place.

"I think when I visited. I got good vibes from a lot of the coaches. They were telling me they really wanted me, and once they figured out what they were going to do, they really considered picking me wherever they were going to pick. Really, I got good vibes from there, but still anxious to find out, but it all worked out and I really couldn't picture myself any other place."

I told Spielman, 'I want to play for you guys and I want to be the blindside protector for your team for the next 10 years.'
I would like to get a WR in the 3rd, and then grab depth at DT, LB, and a CB with upside with our 3rd and three 4ths, unless someone at another position really drops. The only downside with our picks is that two of the 4ths are comp and can't be traded. We only have one pick today(66), but we have 9 on Saturday: 118, 128, 134, 138, 139, 175, 210, 211, and 223, which allows us to be very flexible in moving around if someone we want is dropping or whatever the case may be.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

We've been linked to Jeffery, it will be interesting to see if he slides a little and we possibly make a move up. If we end day two with Kalil, Smith and Jeffery I will be pumped.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody believes that Minnesota has the best fanbase. Even Minnesotans.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nobody believes that Minnesota has the best fanbase. Even Minnesotans.
We're happy for you.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
We've been linked to Jeffery, it will be interesting to see if he slides a little and we possibly make a move up. If we end day two with Kalil, Smith and Jeffery I will be pumped.
Yeah I can see Jeffery being there when we pick in the 3rd round. Randle and Hill still being on the board. Brian Quick also being on the board he has been rising up the boards it seems. So definitely a possibility of Jeffery being there and I know it has been said that we are high on him too. Id be happy with Sanu too in the 3rd.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great first day. I kind of want to move up a bit and grab Janoris Jenkins though. Harvin deserves a smoking buddy and I really think his 'character concerns' won't be much of an issue in the NFL. That and as a player I like him more than Claiborne. I also wouldn't mind a trade up for Hill. With the right coaching he will be a stud.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im very happy with day 1. Love Kalil and Smith. Interested to see if we get back into Rd 2 today or we just stand pat. Wouldnt mind them taking a shot at Chris Givens if he is still there in the 3rd.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I think Jenkins is unrealistic at this point. He should go in the top half on round 2 and I don't think we will move up that high. I hope we do though!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel Brandon Boykin is a player who fits your defense and very well may be someone that the team will target tonight

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I think Jenkins is unrealistic at this point. He should go in the top half on round 2 and I don't think we will move up that high. I hope we do though!
I also don't think it will happen but the man is a top 10 talent and we be a steal for anyone at this point as long as he stays out of trouble which I think he will. From what I understand he has said he won't quit smoking weed but he will only smoke during the offseason. I am fine with that and shows the guy is at least being honest. I will continue to dream though because getting Jenkins, Kalil and Smith would easily give us the best draft and we really need that.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

It sounds/looks like Kalil will wear number 67 and Smith will wear number 22.

http://yfrog.com/z/h74ejavgj

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, great day 1 for the Vikings.. Really interested to see if they want to move again somehow today.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If we don't trade up to get jenkins, my favorite corner left is Hosley. He's not the best fit for a cover 2 but I think he's gunna be a stud that would be a steal in the 4th.

Also look out for a MLB going higher than most people may think. There's no way Brinkley is a starter in this league. I think us not resigning EJ might mean we have a guy targeted. Wasn't Mychael Kendriks on our team for the senior bowl? Could be him, it would be nice to finally have a MLB that can cover. I wouldnt be opposed to Burfict either as long as it's no earlier than the 5th.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming up on round 3, and there's plenty of talent still there.

CB? Dennard, Hosley, Fleming, Trumaine Johnson?

Reuben Randle or Mohamed Sanu at WR?

Maybe even someone like Osemele to (hopefully) finish up this year's O-line?
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote