Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
DT - Ayodele - I don't mind him. Think we could do with a young guy with some serious burst and potential to work behind these two though rather than the journeyman types.
I know DT isnt our highest priority this offseason, but Ayodele was mostly pretty terrible.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

WTF goin on we got no defensive coordinater,
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well technically we are still rockin' Fred Pagac as D coordinator ;)
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.

We don't have the DB's to run Pagac's system... we don't have the backs to run anyone's system too effectively imo...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've just posted a new blog on the Vikings/#3 situation on my blog.. feel free to comment here to respond, or just tell me to shut the hell up. Either way's fine.

http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...th-the-3-pick/
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I've just posted a new blog on the Vikings/#3 situation on my blog.. feel free to comment here to respond, or just tell me to shut the hell up. Either way's fine.

Isn't Kalil a white guy?

Your pic:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1326600904
Kalil:

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha dang, that was the first picture that came up when I googled his name. thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no prob. the bleacher report had it as their pic, too.

not to be nit-picky, but it was the first thing that i noticed.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Browns want RG3 and pick #4. Time to play the leverage game...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Browns want RG3 and pick #4. Time to play the leverage game...
Forcing the Browns to trade up a pick would be my ideal draft day. If we could get a second this year (or, even better, a 1st next year), and still get Kalil or Claiborne, I'd be in heaven.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

i'm just wondering how you came up with the odds percentages...
Old 01-18-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Forcing the Browns to trade up a pick would be my ideal draft day. If we could get a second this year (or, even better, a 1st next year), and still get Kalil or Claiborne, I'd be in heaven.
Or even having the Browns trade up to #2/Rams benefits us because that makes it more likely to have Kalil available for us at #3.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think of Riley Reiff? There are a handful of scouts that actually have him rated ahead of Matt Kalil.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For right now I'm not buying that Reiff belongs in the same league as Kalil as a prospect. However right now I actually prefer Reiff and a couple of extra draft choices from the Redskins or Browns. Hopefully the Rams don't take the trade down option.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

This 1st round pick should be a consensus top-notch prospect, hopefully more than a handful of opinions. It's early tho... it's hard to really guess who's going where til the process runs its course a bit more.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Looks like Spielman is open to trading down in this draft..

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/25/viki...overall-pick/?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
General Zod Looks like Spielman is open to trading down in this draft..
That would be the ideal I think...

Not sure anyone wants the #3 pick that badly though unless they like Griffin, but if they do and we get two later 1st round picks or a few more 2nd rounders they could easily pull off getting...

These prospects all being mid to late 1st rounders to early to late 2nd rounders. And if we trade the top pick and move down getting more picks it would be a great move really and one could get two or three of these players potentially.

David DeCastro OG Stanford 1st round
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford 1st round
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame 1st round
Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State late 1st early 2nd
Tramain Thomas FS Arkansas early 2nd
Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State late 1st early 2nd
Kelechi Osemele OT Iowa State late 1st early 2nd
Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska late 1st early 2nd
Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State late 1st early 2nd
Devin Still DT Penn State late 1st early 2nd
Brandon Washington OG Miami FL late 1st early 2nd
Winston Guy SS Kentucky early to late 2nd
Mark Barron SS Alabama late 1st early 2nd
Cordy Glenn OG Georgia early to late 2nd
Mike Harris CB FSU late 2nd
Brandon Taylor SS LSU late 2nd

Say they trade down and get more picks, then get David DeCastro late 1st round along with Leonard Johnson in the late 1st round, then get Jerel Worthy in the early 2nd round and Tramain Thomas in the 2nd as well. Much less maybe getting Alshon Jeffery if he slides or Mohamed Sanu in the 2nd over Tramain Thomas, even better. Would be pretty sweet I would say and gives them tons of top notch options.

Hard to pass on Kalil or Claiborne though....

Shame we signed Sullivan to such a big deal, I hate Wisconsin but Peter Konz is a stud center and I would love to have him.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kalil's gone, I wouldn't be too opposed to trading down, as long as it's not too far.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I absolutely love Tramain Thomas, he's one of my favorite prospects in this draft but there's no way he's going in the 2nd round seeing as how he didn't get invited to the senior bowl or the initial combine list

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance the Vikings would take RGIII with the 3rd pick?

Depending on how the Vikings front office will grade out on RGIII, I would say there's a strong likelihood that they would evaluate him as a QB who would give a franchise a better shot at being competitive and ultimately a Super Bowl contender than Christian Ponder. They would take a hit in the short term on the investment they made in Ponder but in the long run the potential to win with RGIII has to be enticing. And then it comes to what the team could get in return for Ponder. With an unclear 3rd QB in the class, you'd have to believe that the year of experience displayed by Ponder is more attractive to teams in need of a quarterback than someone like Ryan Tannehill or Nick Foles or Brock Osweiler; possibly equating to a high 2nd round pick or even more.

I know this hasn't been discussed too much as a possibility but in a quarterback driven league Minnesota has a chance to take a guy who trumps the incumbent signal caller and appears to be someone who would give the team a better chance to get a ring. Thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post

Depending on how the Vikings front office will grade out on RGIII, I would say there's a strong likelihood that they would evaluate him as a QB who would give a franchise a better shot at being competitive and ultimately a Super Bowl contender than Christian Ponder. They would take a hit in the short term on the investment they made in Ponder but in the long run the potential to win with RGIII has to be enticing. And then it comes to what the team could get in return for Ponder. With an unclear 3rd QB in the class, you'd have to believe that the year of experience displayed by Ponder is more attractive to teams in need of a quarterback than someone like Ryan Tannehill or Nick Foles or Brock Osweiler; possibly equating to a high 2nd round pick or even more.

I know this hasn't been discussed too much as a possibility but in a quarterback driven league Minnesota has a chance to take a guy who trumps the incumbent signal caller and appears to be someone who would give the team a better chance to get a ring. Thoughts?
If we could get a first, I'd be intrigued.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There's no chance at all that we take any QB, even if we were to get a good pick offered for Ponder, it's not gonna happen. Pelissero had this to say earlier this offseason in a tweet:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

@ALLDAYPURP757 They're not drafting a QB.

That was in response to this:
@ALLDAYPURP757
@TomPelissero I'm not going to name any names...... *cough* RG3... But how safe is Ponder as our starting QB??? At least DM me or sumthin...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't draft a QB before the 5th. Unless we get offered like a top 15 pick for Ponder I can't see it being a possibility.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
We won't draft a QB before the 5th. Unless we get offered like a top 15 pick for Ponder I can't see it being a possibility.
I know the likelihood is pretty much zero for it to happen but put yourself in management's shoes once, would you give selecting Griffin a thought? And I'll add to it, what has Ponder shown to make you think that he's worth the long term investment?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know the likelihood is pretty much zero for it to happen but put yourself in management's shoes once, would you give selecting Griffin a thought? And I'll add to it, what has Ponder shown to make you think that he's worth the long term investment?
I wouldn't think about RG3, but I think he's a bit overated at this point in the process. I like Ponder, I think he has a generally underated QB skill set. While he regressed and was generally inconsistent, he did show flashes and there is stuff to build upon. Particularly how good he was in the redzone 21-27 77.8% 8 tds 1 int. Another example he was pure money on 3rd down before he regressed.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote