Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Pauline also just tweeted that if the Jets stand pat at 16 they could give Mercilus a long look.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Tony Pauline also just tweeted that if the Jets stand pat at 16 they could give Mercilus a long look.
I prefer Mercilus over Jones but I wouldn't be a fan of the pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I prefer Mercilus over Jones but I wouldn't be a fan of the pick.
He's interesting. On one hand from watching him play I wasn't a fan at all of a lot he did from a technique perspective. Gets stood up and washed out of a lot of plays, offers very little against the run, and he's just a linear athlete. But on the other hand he's clearly a good athlete, excels in space, has a pretty good motor, and sack production tends to translate well on the NFL. That last one I think is key too, but there are exceptions I'm sure.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1 year of production scares me. Though, it was against some very good o-lines in the Big 10 so that's a positive I guess.

I don't know. I'm very hard to please this year. I have a feeling that I'm gonna like our 2nd and 3rd round picks a lot more than out 1st unless we take Ingram, Floyd or trade down.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 04-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, it's tough to write off 16 sacks though and the Big Ten does have some good lines. As I look at it now though, sack production seems to be hit or miss. Lots of huge seasons didn't translate at all even for big conference guys: 16 for Greg Middleton and Bowers, George Selvie, Gholston, Brandon Jenkins, Jamaal Anderson, and Everette Brown all had 14...Can write off a lot of those guys for not having the tools Mercilus does, but still. Only a part of the equation.

And best case scenario for me is that I end up okay with our first round pick but have a couple of major gripes about the player or what we did to get that player, so you might have me beat there.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been off-line since this morning, feel cut-off from the draft world so far today !!! Trying to catch up. On my drive home, the radio said that there is a rumor floating that the Jets trade their 1st and Sanchez to the Browns, to move up and take T-Rich. Lol, no way I believe this, but I still thought it would be an interesting idea to post. Made me think, man, anything can happen tonight. Can't Wait !!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Rumors the Jets want Chandler Jones. Willing to trade up to get him. Wouldn't be happy about that.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The 1 year of production scares me. Though, it was against some very good o-lines in the Big 10 so that's a positive I guess.

I don't know. I'm very hard to please this year. I have a feeling that I'm gonna like our 2nd and 3rd round picks a lot more than out 1st unless we take Ingram, Floyd or trade down.
Well, don't get too excited about our 2nd and 3rd rounders. We might just trade those picks. Haha.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumors the Jets want Chandler Jones. Willing to trade up to get him. Wouldn't be happy about that.

Read the following about Jones this morning:

"Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick."

Even with that, I'm still not too excited if that is the pick. Trying to read through all the smokescreens coming out, and whose names keep getting brought up. Wouldn't surprise me if the Jets pick ends up being Ingram, trade up, or not. His name seems to be quiet today.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Bury the Richardson talk.....

"The Browns acquired the No. 3 pick in the draft from the Vikings in exchange for four draft picks, including the No. 4 overall. The Vikings will also receive the Browns' fourth-, fifth-, and seventh-round picks."
Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait a minute! trading up from 16th? It does not make any sense unless it means for trading back into 1st round from 2nd round.

Floyd and Jones in the first round sound more logical.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhhhhhhhh i cant take the pressureeeeeeeeeee
Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah this is intense. Huge draft for this team, I think if Tannenbaum screws this up he's gone.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody freak out. Its gonna be okish....maybe.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Nobody freak out. Its gonna be okish....maybe.
I'm terrified it's going to be Chandler Jones.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Quote:

Lol, same here! This draft couldn't have unfolded better, except maybe for the Floyd pick.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id rather have others, but I dont think hes gonna be terrible, just kinda average. Ingram is probably the best pick.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

So Coples. Where do we put him? I think he's going to stand up and play 5-tech.
josh07039
Pro Bowler

High risk high reward.
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Well, I'm speechless.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Well, there it is. Hope Rex gets the most out of him. Could be a great pick. Not disappointed.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

I'm up 1 - 0 on you Ginn, lol !!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I would think they put him at DE and have him generate a pass rush from there. Like Josh said, this is a high risk high reward pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yup it's a huge gamble. If he works out it's a tremendous pick. Not sure it does though. If they want to play him at OLB they'd better have him drop like 20 pounds, I think he's a five technique and they try to generate pressure that way.

Interesting because it opens up the possibility of taking an OLB at #47 or moving up into the late first for one which would be a classic Tannenbaum move. Could see Branch or Curry at 47.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Well, we'll know where they play him if they draft another OLB before the 4th. But honestly, Mario Williams was about the same size and played OLB for the Texans. Who knows. I was just watching tape of Coples to prepare myself yesterday and he's honestly pretty beast, but there's just something that doesn't seem that explosive about him. I don't know. We'll see. The more I think about it, however, I think I'm more content with this than Ingram for some reason.