Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Will James Jones &/or Cullen Jenkins be back with us?
Yes, Jones will 2 15.38%
Yes, Jenkins will get all the available $ we have and he'll stay 1 7.69%
Thanks to the labor mess, both guys will stay based on 2010 salaries 2 15.38%
No, both guys have played their final games as Packers 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default James Jones, Cullen Jenkins

Will either guy be back this season?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

The selection of Cobb tells me that Jones is now even less likely to stay - he has a reputation for drops, but he also makes some stunning plays too (check out the games @Minnesota and Falcons round 2) so some team that needs a starter will take a chance on him.

Jenkins I'm hoping will stay but I think he may be gone. He'll be a big loss, 3-4 ends who can rush the passer as consistently as him are a rare enough breed. Yes the Pack's system favours guys like Neal and Wilson who've shown promise at it, But Jenkins is the only one who's a proven asset there...
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both guys will stay out of pure hope :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither will stay. Jenkins has said they havent even contacted him on a new contract through the whole of last season and there is no point bringing back Jones when we have Cobb
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the whole they have contacted him is a little overblown. With the whole labor mess looming im not entirely sure they were in a huge rush to. Instead they would just opt to wait and see how it all plays out. Jenkins was on the radio and said he would like to stay and he would be willing to take less money. You cant tell me the Packers are going to make no attempt to resign him and just let him go. Plus it doesnt matter at all right now because nobody can be signed. They were also working on the AJ Hawk deal. Cutting him and then resigning him to a new deal just before the lockout began.

James Jones has had his moments. It was such a rollercoaster this year that we seem to forget how good he was at times. Yes we do have Cobb now but you can never have enough weapons. A pipe dream would be to have them both back but thats probably highly unlikely. With Nelson stepping up during our playoff run he might push Jones out the door. Hopefully meaning we will keep Cullen.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 05-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it goes by 2010 rules that means Jones isn't a FA I thought? They could always tag Jenkins

For some reason I think Jenkins comes back. On ESPNMilwaukee, he said he would give Green Bay a hometown discount. Who knows what they do. They have quite a few big name guys coming up for FA soon. Finley, Nelson, Sitton, Raji and CMIII which will obviously play a role in whether they want to shell out the money to keep a guy who is 30 years old and has had injuries the last few seasons.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
If it goes by 2010 rules that means Jones isn't a FA I thought?
That is correct. Many teams don't expect those rules to apply though but they covered themselves just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
They could always tag Jenkins

For some reason I think Jenkins comes back. On ESPNMilwaukee, he said he would give Green Bay a hometown discount. Who knows what they do. They have quite a few big name guys coming up for FA soon. Finley, Nelson, Sitton, Raji and CMIII which will obviously play a role in whether they want to shell out the money to keep a guy who is 30 years old and has had injuries the last few seasons.
There's little to no chance that they'd tag Jenkins. The franchise tag would net him $12.9 million which isn't a figure the Packers would pay.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are talented, but both are flawed. Both also have up-and-coming and new replacements (Nelson and Cobb for Jones' snaps, Neal, Wilson and Guy for Jenkins' snaps) at those positions. I'll say for both of them, I'd rather they head off to the AFC and preferably a team GB doesn't play for three years. They've both been good, but due to injuries or drops, it might be time to move on and give the new blood a chance to kick it up a notch.