Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I bet we pick a QB in the 5th or 6th Round this year.
I wouldn't mind picking up one of Russell Wilson, Chandler Harnish, or Ryan Lindley around there.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Foles in the third,
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are Lions fans thinking about an offensive lineman at 23? Seems like every year they are mocked a tackle, but its been they take the best talent rather than reach for need. Is it realistic that Nick Perry could be the pick, and would that be exciting to you guys?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally want either Janoris Jenkins, Dre Kirkpatrick, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus, or Cordy Glenn.

If one of the tackles fell to us, then it would also be a good pick. We're in a great position to just take best available talent.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
What are Lions fans thinking about an offensive lineman at 23? Seems like every year they are mocked a tackle, but its been they take the best talent rather than reach for need. Is it realistic that Nick Perry could be the pick, and would that be exciting to you guys?
Its realistic Nick Perry could be the pick or any DE. Avril is on a one year deal and KVB is getting old. Its looking like the Lions and Avril view his value differently and a long term deal isn't gong to happen. I'd be happy with Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I personally want either Janoris Jenkins, Dre Kirkpatrick, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus, or Cordy Glenn.

If one of the tackles fell to us, then it would also be a good pick. We're in a great position to just take best available talent.
Yeah, they aren't really pidgeon holed in to needing to draft one position right now. Just go BPA. I'm not happy with the talent in the secondary though.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Kirkpatrick falls, otherwise I am all for a DE as mentioned above. Would not be surprised to see the Lions pass on Oline again.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's trade up to #4 for Morris Claiborne. Cleveland is always up for a trade down.. They could then trade up from #23 to make sure they get that Tannehill loser.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Claiborne that good? Like #4 pick good?

(I honestly haven't followed the draft much this year.)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Is Claiborne that good? Like #4 pick good?

(I honestly haven't followed the draft much this year.)
You'll have to pick him up at 4 he doesn't get past 6 IMO. But it is too expensive to make that jump and we still have other positions to take care of.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
You'll have to pick him up at 4 he doesn't get past 6 IMO. But it is too expensive to make that jump and we still have other positions to take care of.
I know he'll be taken that high. My question was whether he's WORTH that high of a pick. Would he have been a top 10 pick last year, for instance?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know he'll be taken that high. My question was whether he's WORTH that high of a pick. Would he have been a top 10 pick last year, for instance?
I have him rated lower than Peterson but higher than Hadden.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's trade up to #4 for Morris Claiborne. Cleveland is always up for a trade down.. They could then trade up from #23 to make sure they get that Tannehill loser.
A move like this would definitely require a 1st in next years draft. Personally, I don't think the Lions are just one player away just yet. They should stay put and draft the best players available.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
...They should stay put and draft the best players available.
Agreed. If anything, I'd like to see them move back for value. There's really nobody in round 1 I'd even see as worth drafting. Maybe I'm crazy, but if Barron isn't there, I say move down and grab up LaMichael James and Trumaine Johnson in round 2. That'd be a success in my eyes, especially if they end up adding two solid offensive lineman and maybe a defensive end, later on.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You guys are out-of-your-mind crazy if you think the Lions will draft LaMichael James or any RB in the first two rounds.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys are out-of-your-mind crazy if you think the Lions will draft LaMichael James or any RB in the first two rounds.
http://www.freep.com/article/2012032...by-suspensions
Old 03-26-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

That means nothing to me. I just refuse to believe it will happen.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I see no chance the Lions go RB in the first three rounds let alone the first two.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I see no chance the Lions go RB in the first three rounds let alone the first two.
We're trading up for Trent Richardson.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We're trading up for Trent Richardson.
I will kick babies. In all honesty the lions are happy with Mikel and Jahvid and I hope we get Kev Smith back too. Although if Pead is around in the later rounds I wouldn't be averse to taking him there.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take a look at RB in the 3rd round if James or Pierce were still available. I'm pretty happy with our current roster though.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions re-signed Kevin Smith today. One year deal. Good move and cheap. No way until Round 3 at least for RB. But I do like Pierce too.

Lions also have Joique Bell they picked up late from the Saints last year off waivers. See what he can do. Keiland Williams should be cut after camp this time.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm not really against anything in the draft. I trust Mayhew.

If we draft a RB early, fine. If we draft a QB in the first three rounds, I'll just assume Mayhew got some really bad news from Miss Cleo.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
I trust Mayhew.
Here here!

I've also heard that they may be planning a 3rd-4th round pick for a backup QB? Who do you guys think might be some good candidates in that neighborhood? Personally, I really like Kellen Moore as a backup, as well as Russell Wilson.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't use a pick before the 7th on a QB. You can still get potential starters in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I don't think the rest of the roster is filled out enough to draft a QB that early. If Shaun Hill and Stafford are injured just forget about the season. They'll probably bring back Zac Robinson before the season starts.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I wouldn't use a pick before the 7th on a QB. You can still get potential starters in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I don't think the rest of the roster is filled out enough to draft a QB that early. If Shaun Hill and Stafford are injured just forget about the season. They'll probably bring back Zac Robinson before the season starts.

Round 5 or 7 if a QB is clearly BPA. It would be nice to develop a backup though and later trade him for backs like the Schaub and Kolb situation. Plus Hill won't be around forever on his two year deal. Even Round 4 I wouldn't cry over it. And if he develops from rookie to year 2 we could save on Hills cap number which rises about 1 million into the 3 mil range next year.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote