Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dispatch corrected their story. Car was not purchased for $0, It was purchased for over $13,000.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...r.html?sid=101

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Dispatch corrected their story. Car was not purchased for $0, It was purchased for over $13,000.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...r.html?sid=101
LOL just about to post that :)

The car-gate will blow over. I'm sure all media outlets will retract their horseshit rumor mongering by the talking heads.

The latest rumor (actually, it's been rehashed a billion times) is that there was a player in a point shaving scheme in the mid-2000s. It may be true... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team point shaved against Florida :)

Point is, there is a lot of digging going on at OSU right now. I can't wait for that to end and the lens be pointed elsewhere. Oh, and for JT to be fired.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Dorian Bell transferring to Pitt apparently.
Looking unlikely.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...9&#post2600779

Quote:
Gateway's Dorian Bell...allegedly considering a transfer to Pitt, though it sounds like Bell is a lot closer to a decision (it sounds to me like he could be staying in Columbus, or at least wants to stay Columbus, though he is currently suspended from the team)
http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/...dshirt-diaries
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no they aren't like every school in the NCAA, to lump in every school with cheaters like them is just dumb
Cheating would imply some sort of breaking of rules to gain an advantage over the competition, I hardly believe that selling of memorabilia or receiving free cars helped us in anyway on the field.

If you mean we received unfair benefits... Your right, student athletes at schools across the country and at every level of competition don't receive special treatment in anyway especially at the lower levels where the NCAA doesn't give a crap.

Come on man I know you don't believe that. Either that or you've never been in a class with a student athlete. Even at my tiny D-III school student athletes receive A's in classes they've never attended. I know thats not on the same level as a car but to be honest with you receiving a pass at my school in all your classes is about $35,000 a year worth of benefits.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The advantage is that all these "extra" benefits attract more talented players. Do you play for some team or the one where you can get a free car? If made no difference, there wouldn't be rules against it.

The stuff I've personally heard about at OSU is players getting free/super cheap car payements, free tattoos, and selling personal tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Cheating would imply some sort of breaking of rules to gain an advantage over the competition, I hardly believe that selling of memorabilia or receiving free cars helped us in anyway on the field.

If you mean we received unfair benefits... Your right, student athletes at schools across the country and at every level of competition don't receive special treatment in anyway especially at the lower levels where the NCAA doesn't give a crap.

Come on man I know you don't believe that. Either that or you've never been in a class with a student athlete. Even at my tiny D-III school student athletes receive A's in classes they've never attended. I know thats not on the same level as a car but to be honest with you receiving a pass at my school in all your classes is about $35,000 a year worth of benefits.
I know a few people who received athletic, I mean "academic" scholarships for DIII Mount Union.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote