Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jennings With 74 Tonne Chip On Shoulder!

74th in the top 100? This is a joke. There was 14 other guys in front of him, i cant even think of 7!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, pretty bad. I don't think there is any way you can justifiably put him outside of the top 10 at his position
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only think of 6 and im being kind

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White ??
Reggie Wayne ??
DeSean Jackson ??
Old 05-16-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I can only think of 6 and im being kind

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Roddy White ??
Reggie Wayne ??
DeSean Jackson ??
14 is tough to come by, but it's a top 100 of 2010 list. Which means guys like Lloyd, Steve Johnson and Nicks have to be in the conversation, too. It's still amusing that he was ranked 21 by fans voting but 74 by the players. That has to sting. Jennings was the victim of anti-hype in 2010, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd put him ahead of DeSean, otherwise that's pretty much spot on. There is no way he isn't top 7-8 at least.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I think I'd put him ahead of DeSean, otherwise that's pretty much spot on. There is no way he isn't top 7-8 at least.
Purely at WR it's close, but I'd give the edge to DJax due to his return contributions. Though, tbh, I'm not sure what they included in the criteria for the show.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
14 is tough to come by, but it's a top 100 of 2010 list. Which means guys like Lloyd, Steve Johnson and Nicks have to be in the conversation, too. It's still amusing that he was ranked 21 by fans voting but 74 by the players. That has to sting. Jennings was the victim of anti-hype in 2010, though.
Thats the thing, though. The list is top 100 players from this past year(or at the very least its top 100 present players)...yet it seems quite a few of the players on this list are on there just for past production. How else does that explain McNabb on the list, etc? Also, Stevie Johnson won't be on it, since the Bills were already said to have 0 players make the top 100
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Thats the thing, though. The list is top 100 players from this past year(or at the very least its top 100 present players)...yet it seems quite a few of the players on this list are on there just for past production. How else does that explain McNabb on the list, etc? Also, Stevie Johnson won't be on it, since the Bills were already said to have 0 players make the top 100
I forgot McNabb was on there. There's really no excuse for that. I guess the players are even more ignorant than the fans when it comes to their own game. lol

Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, I have no clue what criteria the players used. Sure seems like a mix of current production + a heavy dose of past production. They did put Bucs rookie WR Mike Williams on the list, so they did take current production into account. I just don't know what they are thinking regarding WR's though. I was surprised that 18 made the top 100 tbh. That's a very high number
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I wouldnt even put DJax in front of Jennings. Greg is tougher and better at going underneath. He is more of a no1 reciever.

Reggie Wayne is the benefactor of being Peytons no1 reciever.

Roddy White has had one year of being the only reciever in Atlanta. Matt Ryan had no one else to throw too.

Jennings has also had to compete in the best WR corps in the league which makes his numbers even more impressive.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

DJax gets the benefit of the monster plays. 90+ yards on play one, walk-off PR TD . . . the highlight reel stuff will always win the players vote, right or wrong.

Then again, I'm probably biased a bit there b/c, even though I love Rodgers and watched as much Pack football as I could, I'm still getting much heavier doses of DJax b/c I live on the [NFC] East Coast.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

But Jennings has had some monster games as well. Remember the three touchdowns vs 49ers and Vikings nevermind two in the superbowl.

I just dont get it.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

As far as big plays go, Jennings is right there with DeSean. In fact, I think since 2008, nobody has more plays of 40 or more yards than Jennings. The main difference is obviously that DeSean can hurt you in other ways(PR/KR). It's close though. I also think Nicks is legit and will be in the top 5-7 conversation with another big year. I think he has it all
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

But dropped cathes and Injuries have hurt Nicks. He shouldnt be in front of Greg
Old 05-16-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't get why people get so into rankings. He could've been number 101 and I could still care less. Still though I believe the Packers had the most players in their top 100 if that means anything to you. The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

But it means something to the players and watching the interview Greg did with Nfl Network i thought he looked like he wanted to cry. He normally a very humble man but you could tell he wasnt happy.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That's not what I got. He seemed to just be laughing and having a good time. He did say he doesn't think there are 14 WR's better than him, and he's right
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Honestly, I don't get why people get so into rankings. He could've been number 101 and I could still care less. Still though I believe the Packers had the most players in their top 100 if that means anything to you. The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.
So since you could care less that means you cared at least a little bit?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
The only ranking I care about is #1, and thats what we are after winning the Superbowl - as TEAM, not individuals.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings scored two more TDs in the Super Bowl than any of the 6 receivers ranked in front of him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I wouldnt even put DJax in front of Jennings. Greg is tougher and better at going underneath. He is more of a no1 reciever.

Reggie Wayne is the benefactor of being Peytons no1 reciever.

Roddy White has had one year of being the only reciever in Atlanta. Matt Ryan had no one else to throw too.

Jennings has also had to compete in the best WR corps in the league which makes his numbers even more impressive.
Reggie Wayne is a Peyton benefactor, but I could say the exact same thing about Jennings and any QB he has ever had in GB.
And Roddy White was the only receiver and still put up numbers with everyone knowing he was getting the ball.
And Green Bay's receiving corps is not the best in the league.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I follow that..... I always say that too.

He meant he really couldn't care less. Because he cares very little as it is.
Right cvv?

I agree with him too.... these rankings are mostly bullschit and meaningless.
We all know how important and great Jennings is.

Poll the Steelers CBs and safeties.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
And Green Bay's receiving corps is not the best in the league.
Who has a better receiving corps? Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley? I don't see a team that tops that.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Yeah, there's now way to even argue the Pack out of the top 5. NO, Dallas, GBay, Philly & Indy in whatever order the homer or hater in you prefers. NYG is close but Boss isn't boss at all.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy White is better by a pretty solid margin.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote