Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's a spoiler that was just posted in the other thread.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reactions to the Red Wedding are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
The reactions to the Red Wedding are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
The best one was the girl with the dog the dog was on high alert looking for danger. Some were fake.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So in the show, we haven't been formally introduced to Ramsay as Bolton's bastard, right? If not, I hope the other thread goes apeshit over BrotherCain's last post in there right now, not that it says much or even is that big of a deal if it's revealed right now who he is.

I just want to watch that **** storm over and over...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So in the show, we haven't been formally introduced to Ramsay as Bolton's bastard, right? If not, I hope the other thread goes apeshit over BrotherCain's last post in there right now, not that it says much or even is that big of a deal if it's revealed right now who he is.

I just want to watch that **** storm over and over...
this is correct.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There are some subtle hints about him.

Bolton's sigil is pretty much Theon in real life right now.

Also, Roose Bolton convinced Robb to not go North and retake Winterfell while they had Lannister's on the run. Instead he said that his bastard would retake it from Theon.

If anyone remembers that conversation they might figure it out.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosebud's last post in the other thread makes me giggle like a little school girl knowing what awaits them.

Also have to laugh at fans of the show, not just on here, that think the show will catch and surpass the books, like Martin will somehow write the stories for the show before he finishes writing the books. I mean, really?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still doesn't make sense that Blackfish was there at the red wedding.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Still doesn't make sense that Blackfish was there at the red wedding.
It wasn't even necessary for the show. Like oh, he had like 2 lines with Cat and then left. Unless they are trying to leave the season end with the uncertainty of whether the Tullys sans-Cat were in on it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wasn't even necessary for the show. Like oh, he had like 2 lines with Cat and then left. Unless they are trying to leave the season end with the uncertainty of whether the Tullys sans-Cat were in on it.
Takes out a plot line they won't have to cover.

Blackfish had Jeyne and was camped in at Riverrun. He then escapes after the siege and the deal with Jamie.

Now they don't have to do the whole Riverrun siege scenes since Jeyne is dead and Blackfish is on the run.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rosebud's last post in the other thread makes me giggle like a little school girl knowing what awaits them.

Also have to laugh at fans of the show, not just on here, that think the show will catch and surpass the books, like Martin will somehow write the stories for the show before he finishes writing the books. I mean, really?
I think what will happen is that the last book will release like a month before the last season of the show. The timeline fits.

2014 - SoS part 2
2015 - FfC/ADWD part 1
2016 - FfC/ADWD part 2
2017 - FfC/ADWD part 3
2018 - Winds of Winter part 1
2019 - Winds of Winter part 2

Assuming he finishes Winds of Winter by the end of 2014 it gives him 3/4 years to finish book 7 and the same time frame to finish the series.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

That's true I guess, but it also then cuts out a huge part of Jamie's next storyline. Isn't it when he is at Riverrun when he gets the request from Cersei to come back and ignores it? I guess that can happen at any time, but at least personally I enjoyed Jamie after he leaves King's Landing to go "bring peace" to the realm.

And then you don't get to see Jamie being a badass, making the Freys look like fools and putting the one in his place when he keeps bluffing that he will hang Edmure.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true I guess, but it also then cuts out a huge part of Jamie's next storyline. Isn't it when he is at Riverrun when he gets the request from Cersei to come back and ignores it? I guess that can happen at any time, but at least personally I enjoyed Jamie after he leaves King's Landing to go "bring peace" to the realm.

And then you don't get to see Jamie being a badass, making the Freys look like fools and putting the one in his place when he keeps bluffing that he will hang Edmure.
Oh I don't agree with it, just trying to justify why he was there.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Is there enough material left in SoS for the whole season?

- The Royal Wedding, The Banquet, The RV vs. Montain battle, escape, father/son dialogue.

- Jaime/Brienne deal.

And?

Doesn't seem like there is enough.

Dany ruling Mereen is FfC.
The whole Greyjoy Kingsmoot is FfC.
Jon/Sam/Gilly/Aemon is FfC.
Cersei's rule is FfC.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-05-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Oh I don't agree with it, just trying to justify why he was there.
Ya, I mean I'm ok with it and as with everything accept that they won't be following the books word for word or be able to include everything. It just sucks thinking that they might change/cut out some Jamie parts when from this point forward he's been on of my favorite storylines because of how badass he becomes sans hand.

He's going to turn into a younger version of Tywin as the story goes on, with how rationally he sees things I think. Maybe not as calculating, but I can see him becoming just as feared of a leader. And then soon after, he will be killed off by Dany as revenge.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:

- The Royal Wedding, The Banquet, The RV vs. Montain battle, escape, father/son dialogue.

- Jaime/Brienne deal.

And?

Dany ruling Yunkai is FfC.
Cersei's rule is FfC.
The entire wall battle with Stannis arriving. This also includes Janos Slynt imprisoning Jon and whatnot.

Arya, Hound scenes until the hound dies and Arya catches a ship over to Bravos.

Sansa being taken from Kings Landing.

The taking of Mereen and beginning of Dany's rule.

There is a ton.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

- Jaime/Brienne deal.

And?

Dany ruling Yunkai is FfC.
Cersei's rule is FfC.
Sansa, Little Finger, and Lady Lysa.
Introduction to Lady Stoneheart
Knights Watch vs Wildings (aka death of Ygritte)
The whole death of Baylon and politics that follow that with Asha
Then they will make up some more BS with Theon to bridge between the next season and the Reek saga.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I think what Max was saying is there's no way they can keep season 4 as SoS material only. Everything else they would need to dip into FFC. They really need to have the Royal Wedding in the first 2 episodes of next season in order for any sense to be made.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think what Max was saying is there's no way they can keep season 4 as SoS material only. Everything else they would need to dip into FFC. They really need to have the Royal Wedding in the first 2 episodes of next season in order for any sense to be made.
There are parts of FFC and ADWD that chronologically happen at the same time as SoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
These are great

And my personal favorite.

Also wanted to share this post as well.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Royal Wedding and the whole aftermath in King's Landing is A LOT OF material. I'm sure that will occupy a great deal of Season 4.

Dany's taking of Mereen isn't a lot. The confrontation with Jorah and Barristan is something, but they seem to be taking that story into a different direction.

If they feature Greayjoys, they'll have to dip into FfC material. I don't see how they can avoid that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Stannis didn't arrive at the Wall until FfC, I might be wrong.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Also, I was just rereading the summary of SoS. They already messed up the whole Arstan-Selmy story by revealing him so early, but they haven't touched on Mormont's earlier betrayal yet. Dany is supposed to find out about both right before sacking the city, and makes them go in as punishment. After that is when she banishes Mormont, so do we see in the final episode when she banishes him?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After that is when she banishes Mormont, so do we see in the final episode when she banishes him?
I think we will. That will be the shocker for Dany's plot this season
Old 06-05-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Judging by the name of the episode, the end of the season will contain all the slaves shouting mother at Dany
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earlier I was thinking that the Royal Wedding was going in this season, and I was worried they wouldn't have enough material for next season but now I think they have enough, with the way they can set things up..