Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Judging by the name of the episode, the end of the season will contain all the slaves shouting mother at Dany
I'm hoping the last scene we see this ep is an appearance by Coldhands
Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I'm hoping the last scene we see this ep is an appearance by Coldhands
That would be cool.

An appearance by Lady Stoneheart would be mind-blowing to the non-readers as well.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, too, have been hoping for a Coldhands appearance.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure Stannis didn't arrive at the Wall until FfC, I might be wrong.
You are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Introduction to Lady Stoneheart
This will probably only be 1 scene in the last episode of season 4. I think the only other way we see any Catelyn next season is if we see Arya's dream as Nymeria dragging her out of the river, and its possible that they show that Thoros and tBwB find her, but that would depend on them starting to actually recognize Arya and Jon's ability to warg in the show.

Quote:
Is there enough material left in SoS for the whole season?
I think that there is actually a lot more left available than what the 3rd season had to work with in terms of major events. This season there were really only two bigthings that happened, and if I were being generous I could include more but the big events were:
  • Danerys getting the unsullied
  • The Red Wedding
  • Jaime losing his hand
  • Jon joining the wildlings
  • Tyrion marrying Sansa
  • Yunkai
  • Mormont dying
  • Bran's warging capabilities
  • Possibly defending the Wall from the South, Balon Greyjoy dying, and Coldhands in the next episode
Everything else was comparably minor (I could be forgetting some things though or just don't consider them as important as you). Next season the big things that we get are:
  • The Royal Wedding
  • At least one defence of the Wall, and possibly two if they don't have Jon defending Castle Black from the South in the next episode
  • Mereen
  • The Red Viper vs. the Mountain
  • Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae
  • Bran making it North of the Wall and Coldhands
  • The Moon Door
  • Lady Stoneheart
  • Arya killing more people, going to Braavos, and the Hound "dying" (lots of speculation that hes still alive at the Quiet Isle monastery in AFFC)

There will also probably be some content added that wasn't actually in aSoS involving the Iron Islanders, Theon, and the changes involving Gendry at Dragonstone.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding Gendry, I hope Davos smuggles him out a la Edric and he doesn't "see the light" after that whole leech display and then the deaths...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what they will do with Tormund. Jon and him have some serious bonding in the books, and I feel like the show ignored that.

Theyve replaced Styr with Tormund so far, so how do they keep him alive during the battle at the wall? I guess he'll sneak away from the battle and back over the wall, which is the opposite of his character in the books.

Last edited by TimD : 06-05-2013 at 04:59 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I think at this point we can assume Rickon will be the the eventual heir and ruler of the North.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rickon has like zero awesome powers.

I think the dragons will burn all the white walkers.

Also wasn't there dragonstone under stannis's castle?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Rickon has like zero awesome powers.

I think the dragons will burn all the white walkers.

Also wasn't there dragonstone under stannis's castle?
Did the red witch say something about resurrecting a dragon or something? Because I have a really interesting theory on that.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So I think at this point we can assume Rickon will be the the eventual heir and ruler of the North.
I think so also.

The only thing that kinda makes me uncertain is the conversation between Ned and Bran after Ned executed Night Watch deserter.

That kind of felt like passing the torch moment.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think so also.

The only thing that kinda makes me uncertain is the conversation between Ned and Bran after Ned executed Night Watch deserter.

That kind of felt like passing the torch moment.
I actually wasn't sure until this most recent episode. Considering that the showmakers already know about the ending of the series, Bran's delivery of his lines in the most recent series somehow won me over. And it also made me think, as much as Martin may not be a literary genius, he isn't inefficient with characters. Something tells me he wouldn't have included that extra Stark child for no reason, for more than simply killing off.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hey guys, how do the characters in the show compare to the books?
Quote:
WTF WHY ARE ALL THE BOOK **** SPOILING HOW PEOPLE LOOK IN HERE LET'S BAN THEMMMMMMM %^+#}~|{
Would it be worth it to spoil the **** out of everything and get banned? Prob not but its tempting...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I knew the whole Bastard of Bolton spoiler would create a ****storm. It was spoiled by a non-reader though.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Would it be worth it to spoil the **** out of everything and get banned? Prob not but its tempting...
I was thinking the exact same thing. If I could make sure that only Rosebud saw the post I would ******* spoil everything then make **** up to spoil.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. If I could make sure that only Rosebud saw the post I would ******* spoil everything then make **** up to spoil.
+rep comments lol
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, it's really those 2. I wouldn't ruin the thread, I would just PM them saying "Joffrey dies, Tyrion kills his dad, and Rhaegar's son might still be alive. Have fun TVfags."
Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The thing is, Rob asked an innocent question. There's nothing about his question that would spoil anything. At all. Martin's not smart enough to foreshadow through the description of the character. Yet as soon as someone responded, some started to flip. Mostly GF1080, simply because he wrongfully read too much into a post and concluded that Tyrion must be dead, that bookreaders had spoiled it all, and that a new thread was needed. Rosebud's cool, I know he doesn't want **** spoiled, but I can also tell he's laying it on.

That being said, I realized my YouTube clip about Stannis and Renly was oddly symbolic of bookies vs. tv viewers, a weird realization.

Also, no matter how annoying, don't actually spoil anything for them.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it, TVfags.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Ya, I have no problem with the question by Rob. No one said anything other than how characters are described, and everyone jumps to conclusions and gets uppity for no reason.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Suck it, TVfags.
Hi Rob!!

Just so you know, you're cool and people just make **** out of an honest question. Us bookfags are good peeps!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope I didn't spoil anything. Now I actually feel guilty.

All I meant is that "The Mountain" looks closer to my Accountant then 7' beast.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am aware. I'm avoiding everything here, but I am assuming there is TV thread bashing because all of them suck.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

See that is my problem. If someone like Rob wanted to compare the show to the books and have a discussion on it he has to find a way to come into the heavily spoiled book thread to talk about it? That's ********.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Mod speak shun him!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So I'm sure most of you have read the various theories on everything, but the one I'm reading about this mornign is the "Southron Ambitions" and Rickard Stark's secret plan to unite the Northern, Western, and Eastern houses to overthrow the Mad King.

Has anyone else read up on this or believe it? Like most of the theories, it makes a lot of sense and is pretty interesting to think about.