Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be above Jon too, wouldn't he? Isn't he older?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
He would be above Jon too, wouldn't he? Isn't he older?
Well technically Young Griff would be the only trueborn son of Rhaegar, since Jon would still technically be a bastard (I think). Unless he unleashed the dragon on Lyanna prior to marrying Elia.

I don't think Jon has a legit claim if he ends up being the son of Rhaegar, otherwise like Gendry would have the claim over Stannis then. I think Jon would just fit the part as one of the dragon's heads.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, when watching the last episode the first time through with two non-readers, and we see Maester Aemon for the first time in forever, I inadvertently blurted out, "Oh ****, we still haven't found out who he is yet have we?"

Both my roommates look at me like what the ****, who is he?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Also, when watching the last episode the first time through with two non-readers, and we see Maester Aemon for the first time in forever, I inadvertently blurted out, "Oh ****, we still haven't found out who he is yet have we?"

Both my roommates look at me like what the ****, who is he?
I posted the scene from 1st season in the other thread.

Aemon revealed his identity to Jon in the show already.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rickon will sit on the throne of Winterfell. It will be just be a question of whether he will sit as a king or a mere lord.

Dany will certainly cross the Narrow Sea IMO. Even for GRRM, I think too many forces are at play and too many pages have been devoted to her dying in Essos. That being said, I can't say that she'll rule as queen. It'd be hard to imagine her not doing so if she made it that far, but I think Young Griff may represent a worthy opponent. Or husband, who knows?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Young Griff dies in WoW.

All before we learn he's being groomed as a perfect king, raised with commoners to connect with them and understand their needs, but in the end of DwD we see him acting rashly and on impulse, and seeking the advice of the Golden Company and Duck (who might be ready for some revenge on those that exiled him) rather than Connington, who seemingly only wants to restore the son of his late close friend to the throne.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, there was something in FfC (i believe) that indicated Rheagar's possible plan for rebellion against his father.

Jaime was remembering asking to ride out with Rheagar to the Trident.

Rheagar's reply was "when I come back, things will change."
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
BTW, there was something in FfC (i believe) that indicated Rheagar's possible plan for rebellion against his father.

Jaime was remembering asking to ride out with Rheagar to the Trident.

Rheagar's reply was "when I come back, things will change."
One of the big theories is that he was going to rebel, and was going to use the tourny of Harrenhal to gain the support of the regional lords. But then the Mad King decided to attend, Rhaegar fell in love (possibly) with Lyanna and pissed off Robert, and everything was put to hell.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
One of the big theories is that he was going to rebel, and was going to use the tourny of Harrenhal to gain the support of the regional lords. But then the Mad King decided to attend, Rhaegar fell in love (possibly) with Lyanna and pissed off Robert, and everything was put to hell.
spoilers
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...y_at_Harrenhal

that link mentions this.

My only problem with that entire thing is that Varys has been all about defending the realm and the need for having a Targaryen rule... So, why would he tell the mad king that Rhaegar was plotting against him? Why wait for Griff when Rhaegar is perfect?

I can't make sense of it all. Maybe kidnapping Lyanna was an elaborate setup designed to draw an open rebellion. But I think Rhaegar dying in the Trident is too much of a commitment to that bold plan. So, the love story holds true.

The Lannisters weren't at the Tourney and were in league with Pycelle. You'd think that Rhaegar would have wanted Tywin's help in any removal of the king.

Also, maybe Griff is the 50% of Targaryens who become insane?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Maybe Varys was just really loyal to Mad King for bringing him into the council.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I posted the scene from 1st season in the other thread.

Aemon revealed his identity to Jon in the show already.
bro of the mad king.

In the show, the mad king isn't as important of a figure/backstory....just seems taht way to me.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
bro of the mad king.

In the show, the mad king isn't as important of a figure/backstory....just seems taht way to me.
No, uncle of the Mad King.

Aemon is 105 or something like that in the story.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The theory behind why Varys is always ******* with the Targeryans is because he is either a Blackfyre or a Blackfyre supporter. There is a lot of speculation that Aegon is a Blackfyre set up for the throne by Illyrio and Varys and a solid amount of circumstantial evidence to support this theory. I think this post summarizes it best.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great chapter or greatest chapter?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Post that in the other thread.

They'll accuse you of spoiling.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Spoilers ADWD

I'm just about to enter the "Griffin Reborn" chapter, and now I'm really starting to understand why so many readers consider this fifth book to be a mild disappointment to say the least. After such a fabulous Theon chapter seven or eight installments beforehand, the helplessly crazy digression of the story line is driving me nuts: do we really wanna care about what Jon Connington is doing with the young Griffin??? I read almost close to 150 pages yesterday; today I barely got through three chapters.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjxdarren View Post
do we really wanna care about what Jon Connington is doing with the young Griffin???.
Yes. That chapter reveals one of the biggest things that happens in the entire book and the basis for what will be one of the biggest stories in the next book. I think a "Targaryen" army landing in Westeros is kind of a big deal.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if I put "Tyrion dies in book 7 of game of thrones." How many people would realize that book 6 hasn't been published yet.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished ADWD, a little disappointed that Dany didn't reunited with at least all three of her children, but gotta say seeing the initially improbable prophecy by the witch gradually coming to materialization piece by piece was a thrill.

Overall, my favorite passage in the last two books:

She stood on the end of the dock, pale and goosefleshed and shivering in the fog. In her hand, Needle seemed to whisper to her. Stick them with the pointy end, it said, and, don’t tell Sansa! Mikken’s mark was on the blade. It’s just a sword. If she needed a sword, there were a hundred under the temple. Needle was too small to be a proper sword, it was hardly more than a toy. She’d been a stupid little girl when Jon had it made for her. “It’s just a sword,” she said, aloud this time...

... but it wasn’t.

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell’s grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan’s stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow’s smile. He used to mess my hair and call me “little sister,” she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It's official!

Chilian actor Pedro Pascal will play Red Viper.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/th...-viper-oberyn/

Quote:
“This was a tough one,” say showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about the casting. “The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”
should be great.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's official!

Chilian actor Pedro Pascal will play Red Viper.
He's been in a few episodes of Graceland. I don't LOVE the casting at first glance, but meh, I'll grow to love it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

would him appearing in an episode of Buffy make you like it more?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't think I've seen him in anything.