Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you need to contextualize the episode for anyone, it ended on a baby killing rampage. That's all you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If you need to contextualize the episode for anyone, it ended on a baby killing rampage. That's all you need to know.
Killing all them bastards

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good episode. The baby killing made me sick, was really hard to watch that part but other than that I thought it was great!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Killing all them bastards
They need to eliminate the evidence!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think after the reading the books i realize how much faster the show is paced.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I plan on reading the books after Season 2 is over. I don't really have the time now, but I'm anxious to get into them this summer after Season 2 wraps up. I figure thats as good a time as any to start reading.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

You really really need to start with book one. I did find it hard to get through the first one after i basically knew every cliffhanger, but you get to know the different characters soooo much better through reading it

Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
You really really need to start with book one. I did find it hard to get through the first one after i basically knew every cliffhanger, but you get to know the different characters soooo much better through reading it
Yeah I meant I'll start on Book 1 after Season 2. I don't want the rest of this season spoiled, so I plan on waiting. I'm also toying with the idea of waiting until the entire series is done, just because my friends who have read the book said you don't really miss much on the show and the production value is through the roof.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i feel like you do miss a whole bunch. i can only say: Read the books.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You absolutely miss a lot if you don't read the books. The books are hundreds of pages long. The show is great and I am looking forward to watching season 2 but it's impossible to capture everything or even most things from a book series like this.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid premeire. As always, I was pissed off when it was over b/c I wanted to watch more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
So which kingdom is Stannis trying to rule? Who is he trying to take over for?
bhaarat's right. Joff and Tommen are not righful heirs so the eldest brother of King Robert has the strongest claim to the throne, and that's Stannis. Renli is the younger brother of the bunch but he's also claiming right to the throne b/c Stannis is basically a stick in the mud and nobody likes him. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 04-02-2012 at 08:38 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i've not been watching the shows since the first one or two, but are they matching up each season to a single book, or not matching up at all, or something else i haven't thought of?
I think each season = 1 book. Not sure they'll be able to keep up with that though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season one was book one but I don't know if the pace will pick up heading into season two.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

khaleesi is so ******* hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Season one was book one but I don't know if the pace will pick up heading into season two.
it shouldn't, since book 2 and 3 are very long and detailed, also the last 2 books are not written yet.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
it shouldn't, since book 2 and 3 are very long and detailed, also the last 2 books are not written yet.
Yeah. I don't think they can keep up with everything. It makes sense that they just named the TV series "Game of Thrones" rather than locking themselves into 1 book per season. The storylines diverge too much after the first book.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
khaleesi is so ******* hot
i think i said i love her every time she was on the screen. so amazing
Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

They will apparently use some scenes from book 3 already in this season and some scenes from book 2 in season 3. Also they will split book 3 into two seasons.

What has been missing alot was the dynamic between Sansa and the Hound. I feel like that was the biggest thing i took away from book1 that wasnt in the series.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I know they had some elements in season one that were from later books. Nothing huge and it sounds like they'll continue basically doing it in a time frame they think will translate best to a 10 show season. So we will may still see the relationship w/Sansa and the Hound since they made it a point to show the exchange between her and Tyrion in episode one.

Book 3 is being discussed as 2 seasons b/c there's just so much there. Let's hope they make it that far! Here's a solid article (interview w/the writer/producers) that explains it all pretty well.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Well him talking to her all the time, e.g. telling her how he got the scar was pretty huge for me that got left out. in the show it as littlefinger telling the story.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this something that I should watch? It starts tomorrow over here and the trailer looks kinda interesting. A friend of mine have been telling me to watch it for some months now but I wasn't sure it was worth my time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch season 1, read book 1, watch season 2, read book 2. or some order like that, but make sure to read the book.

I tried re watching the season after reading, i couldn't get into it again, cause the book was that good.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have the time you should definitely read the books. It's the best fantasy series of all time and it isn't close at all. George R R Martin is a fantastic writer.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If you have the time you should definitely read the books. It's the best fantasy series of all time and it isn't close at all. George R R Martin is a fantastic writer.
I wouldn't go that far. I like Wheel of Time, and the new stuff Brandon Sanderson is writing is also very good. Martin is a grittier writer but that is a stylistic choice. I wouldn't call it better, just different.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. I like Wheel of Time, and the new stuff Brandon Sanderson is writing is also very good. Martin is a grittier writer but that is a stylistic choice. I wouldn't call it better, just different.
I'd call it better. I've read Sanderson and Jordan. Jordan might be the most infuriating writer of all time. He takes five pages to explain something that can be done in one. It's a great way to paint a picture in your mind, but 10+ books of that is just flat out ANNOYING.

Sanderson is the new kid on the block and he is very talented. Mistborn is a great series and easy to pick up and read, and I've heard nothing but good things about his new series Stormlight Archive.

I'm also not a fan of a series where NO ONE DIES. It isn't realistic.

All of that said, neither of them touch George R R Martin. At least for me.

I'm just glad you didn't include Terry Goodkind. We would have had to resort to fisticuffs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote