Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cut the **** and draft a Mike in the First Jerry

I'm surprised we are flirting with BPA or LT in the first. It seems pretty clear that the missing piece is a Mike backer. There are some pretty good 4-3 guys to be had in the draft.

Keuchly seems to provide the most versatility. He looks so comfortable in space, his form is impecable, and his game IQ gives us a potential AP guy. We have a good mix of guys in our LB core, but we need that one piece at Mike that will tie it up all together.

Sadly, I haven't seen too many Sun Devil games, so I can't get a good read on Vontaze. His intensity is awesome. He can rush the passer, but his short choppy strides he take while running makes me wonder about the coverage aspect of his game. My gut wants us to draft him over Keuchly, but Keuchly might be the better LB.

Teo seems like the best athlete ofthe bunch, but his tackling, and coverage skills leave me wanting. It just seems that he isn't very comfortable in space. Teo would shine if he were drafted into the right coaching staff. The Ravens should look into bringing him in. Ray Lewis and teh Ravens coaching staff will have that kid balling out. I just don't have the confidence in our staff to coach him up. We need a polished product.

With a solid DL (Austin back off injury), Amukama plus TT, and Webster, good complimentary depth at LB (Williams, Jones, Herzlich) and Boley and Kiwi, a solid SS FS combo, all we need is that Mike. With a complete combo at CB and solid second level will allow Rolle to free lance a lot more going forward.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on WR. Would we have the money to sign a guy like Desean Jackson? I think he would be that x-factor that we have needed in our passing game. You add his deep threat to the mix, the passing game gets blown wide open for the Nicks, Cruz, and Barden.

I am sure we don't have the cap space, but I thought I would run it by you guys first.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is the exact opposite of what we look for in a player. No chance in hell they sign him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do need to bring in that Desean type of speed though.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario is fast enough if we re-sign him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mario is fast enough if we re-sign him.
No I mean even more speed. Not just at WR but the entire team.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need more speed in the back 7 on defense.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Got ya. Yeah we could use some burners.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
No I mean even more speed. Not just at WR but the entire team.
Yes. I think that Reese realizes this. I think it explains his interest in Percy Harvin a few years back, the Jernigan pick, the Scott pick and the Jacqian Williams pick.

In this year's draft, I think that the speed will have to be addressed later in the darft.

First pick needs to be LB, unless we get another gift drop down to us. The second round I assume goes to OL unless a top back that Reese loves drops to us. Everyone says that we might go TE, but I just don't see it. Killdrive doesn't really go to the TE. I imagine Reese does draft a TE, but addresses the position for depth, not impact. I think improving the G/C situation goes lengths in improving the running game. I think they need to get a mauler in the second or third round.

Sadly, Jacobs is only effective once he reaches the second level. He can't create his own holes. Additionally, he give Scott a hole, he will be off to the races.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaching Change:
Coughlin remains HC
DC: Steve Spagnuolo
OC: Kevin Gilbride

FA COMP (2011 FA):

Lost:
Plaxico Burress
Steve Smith
Barry Cofield
Kevin Boss

Signed:
David Baas

Proj:
4th, 6th, 7th

Trade Osi, Trade/Release Jacobs
Theres no way we can afford to keep Osi, and Jacobs is nowhere near worth the money if we want to resign Mario and T2
2012 Draft

1. Riley Reiff OT Iowa
2(Osi).Peter Konz C Wisconsin
2. Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
3.(trade up using 4th) David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
4*. Sean Spence OLB/ST Miami
5. Case Keenum QB Houston
6. Omar Bolden CB/KR Arizona State
6*. Jeff Demps RB Florida
7. Greg Childs WR Arkansas
7*. David Paulson TE Oregon

2012 FA Signings:

Wesley Woodyard LB Denver
Geno Hayes OLB Tampa Bay
Ben Grubbs OG Ravens
Wallace Gilberry DE Kansas City
Steve Smith WR Philadelphia

2012 FA Lost:
Devin Thomas
Kareem McKenzie
Jonathan Goff
Brian Jackson
Aaron Ross

2012 FA Resignings:
Mario Manningham
Jake Ballard
Michael Coe
Terrell Thomas

Projected Lineup

QB: Manning, Carr, Keenum
RB: Bradshaw, Ware, Scott, Wilson
FB: Hynoski
TE: Ballard, Pascoe, Paulson
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Smith, Barden, Jernigan
LT: Rieff*, Beatty
LG:Grubbs, Boothe
C: Konz, Baas
RG: Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

RE: JPP, Kiwi, Gilberry, Trattou
UT:Canty, Austin, Bernard
NT:Joseph, Kennedy
LE: Tuck, Kiwi, Tollefson
SLB:Wesley Woodyard, Jacquain Williams, Spence
MLB: Vontaze Burfict, Herzlich, Jones
WLB: Boley, Hayes, Paysinger
CB: Webster, T2, Amukamara, Bruce Johnson, Bolden, Coe
FS: Rolle
SS: Phillips, Grant, Sash, Chad Jones

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 11-29-2011 at 04:32 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
FA COMP:

1. Riley Reiff OT Iowa
2(Osi).Peter Konz C Wisconsin
2. Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
3.(trade up using 4th) David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
4*. Sean Spence OLB/ST Miami
5. Case Keenum QB Houston
6. Omar Bolden CB/KR Arizona State
6*. Jeff Demps RB Florida
7. Greg Childs WR Arkansas
7*. David Paulson TE Oregon
This would make me Jizz all over Northern Europe. But as of now, I really doubt that Reiff or Burfict would be there where we're picking in the first and second round, respectively.

Love the David Wilson pick!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think that moving Diehl next to Snee will help, those two will feed off each other. Our line would be significantly better at run blocking.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 11-29-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 12-10-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If come draft time it looks like there's little to no chance of Kuechly falling to our pick would you guys like the idea of us giving up a Julio Jones-esque package for Matt Kalil? Kalil-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Beatty/Diehl would certainly fix our running game, give Eli some time in the pocket and make us a much tougher and more exhausting offense to play against.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Boley might get moved to MIKE? Guy already is the brains of our LB corps, our best backer and the guy least likely to leave the field. If Williams can flash some more to close the season we would even already have the speedy WILL to step into Boley's spot in house. Just need to figure out what to do at the SAM so that Kiwi and Sintim can go back to playing with their hand in the dirt.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-10-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS Ballin I'm all for rebuilding the OL, but there's no way the team is going to go and spend the money it would take to bring Grubbs in and then draft a Center. With Snee and Baas already on board bringing in a third high price interior OL is just not realistic. I'm pretty sure that next season our interior OL will look like Petrus-Baas-Snee at some point.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
PS Ballin I'm all for rebuilding the OL, but there's no way the team is going to go and spend the money it would take to bring Grubbs in and then draft a Center. With Snee and Baas already on board bringing in a third high price interior OL is just not realistic. I'm pretty sure that next season our interior OL will look like Petrus-Baas-Snee at some point.
I also think the interior is pretty set with a combination of Snee, Baas, Boothe and Petrus inside, although we will need to look for more depth to develop,

Offensive tackle is more interesting. Do we look to bring McKenzie back for a one year deal? Do we move Diehl to RT?

Is there enough seen in Beatty that we could expect him to step up?

I could see us looking at an OT in free agency like Demetrius Bell?
Heck do we look at a guy like Guy Whimper who could compete with Beatty for the starting spot?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

More and more people saying Kuechly is staying at BC. We might have to find another man crush. Burfict brings the athleticism and physicality I love to see at LB but I'm worried he's going to piss a lot of guys off. I'm sure Reese and Ross will perform their due diligence on him though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

I dont know why but I just don't like Kuechly that much. Remember how everyone believed that Brandon Spikes would be basically as good as McClain? And no one wanted any of the PSU linebackers? I feel similarly about Kuechly.

I know Burfict is the sexier pick, has a lot more problems, but I just am a little turned off by Kuechly because I don't think he's worth it. Now I am willing to bet that Burfict will be there in the second, why not wait a round? I need convincing to do otherwise, but I stand strong on Burfict in the second.

With our first, I hope we can land Reiff. Doubt it, but then again Bulaga fell quite a bit too. I think center is out of the question now, despite how average Baas is. Boothe should be the starter with petrus at guard and diehl at RT (McKenzie is a FA this offseason).

Anyone like Lamar Miller? or is the standpoint still that RB's can be found anywhere, no need to draft one in the first. Id be more than fine with it, but upset if we ignored OL.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Baas has been very good since the 2nd half of the Jets game. In going back and watching the game on Sunday the only problem we have right now is RT.

Kuechly reminds me of a better more instinctive Chad Greenway. He's going to get plugged in and make 100 tackles every year without question. He'd a perfect fit for what we like to do as well.

I like Miller on the next level but not enough to spend a high pick on. We should never spend a high pick on a RB plus I'm going to hold out hope the Ravens don't re-sign or franchise Ray Rice and miraculously we get him.

I don't see Reiff or Kuechly falling to us though and I'm not sure if Reese ever really wants to trade up in the 1st unless he thinks there is a really special player out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Luke declared?

I'm all aboard the Keuchly bandwagon. I think he's going to be great. He may not be a world beater athlete, but he's a tackling machine, he's smart, instinctual, and he's very good in coverage despite average athleticism. He can cover the deep middle, that's what we need.

Burfict, I'm 50/50 on him as of right now. From what I've seen, he has horrible tackling technique, freelances too much, overshoots gaps, and is too wild. He has more potential and could be a stud if coached up and controlled, but I don't know if that's possible. He's not a finished product.

There are a couple of players I really like. Keuchly is my favorite, I love DeCastro, love Konz, and one of my sleepers is a CB from Texas A&M, Coryell Judie. He's going to be a very good CB. And he can be had in round 3. Maybe round 4.

I saw Judie last year when I was scouting Von Miller, and I instantly gravitated towards Judie. Been keeping tabs on him since then and I think he has the athleticism and ability to be a very good CB in this league. I think he's going to be a mid round steal for somebody.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kuechly has declared.

I like a lot of OL in this draft. From what I've seen so far all the top guys like DeCastro, Konz, Martin, and Reiff all look pretty good to me. I think this might a very strong year in that department where you can't go wrong if you get any of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I have a bad feeling Luke is going to be an Eagle.

If we want him we're going to have to move up in the 1st and get him bc if he's on the board when the Eagles pick, they're taking him.

Unless Fat Andy falls in love with DeCastro or Konz, which is very plausible considering his love for trench players.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah Luke won't be there for us anymore. I can see him in an Eagles uniform. Maybe they let D-Jack walk and draft a WR though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The only way we get Luke is if we finally move up in the 1st. It will probably require us to trade Osi for a 2nd this year (which will probably happen anyway), and use our 1st and 2nd to move up in the 1st to get Luke.

We are so desperate for a MIKE I think its a move that has to be done. We can't ignore this position any longer.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Naa we're not getting Osi for a 2nd. We couldn't get that much for him this year and we're certainly not going to get it now a year later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Naa we're not getting Osi for a 2nd. We couldn't get that much for him this year and we're certainly not going to get it now a year later.
NE and Baltimore both offered a late 2nd for him in the offseason. We'll get a mid 2nd for him. Pass rushers are hard to find and Osi is still a top tier pass rusher. Someone will bite and give up a 2nd for him.

Think about it, we got offered a late 2nd in the offseason after the draft and FA, when teams already used up all their resources for the season. Come this offseason when teams have a fresh new budget, we'll surely land better compensation for the guy.