Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't disagree more. He's a year older, had knee surgery, whined like a little girl for a few months, and still wants to get paid as a top 5 DE. All this is coming from probably the biggest Osi Giants fan here. He's worth a 3rd at best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi on 1 leg is better than Ray Edwards ever was in his life. If teams like ATL will pay for a mediocre DE talent like Edwards, someone will offer up that 2nd rounder for a guy like Osi.

Especially if he continues to play well in the playoffs.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Chris Pantale declare? The TE from BC who's from north Jersey?

He's another guy on my radar. Love him. He's got a lot of Fleener in him.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only way we get Luke is if we finally move up in the 1st. It will probably require us to trade Osi for a 2nd this year (which will probably happen anyway), and use our 1st and 2nd to move up in the 1st to get Luke.

We are so desperate for a MIKE I think its a move that has to be done. We can't ignore this position any longer.
I would love that. Trade Osi/a 2nd rounder we get from him and our 1st for a 1st/LK. Have Kiwi with his hand in the dirt a lot more next year and role with Boley-Kuechly-Williams with Kiwi rotating from DE to LB throughout the game.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if MM walks do we look at a WR? like Sanu. or...Sanu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Sanu on this team! Give me an offensive player, hopefully a trench player.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu and Cruz every game? I'd lose my voice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been thinking of S Mark Barron as a first round pick possibility.

A lot of people may disagree but safety is a possible need. We do use three safety sets and Grant likely won't be back, plus Phillips is off contract after the season. Even if Phillips is back, we use quite a lot of three safety sets.

We do have serious coverage issues (particularly deep), so upgrading the secondary needs to happen and Barron could be the best player available.

We can get a decent LB either in free agency or later rounds of the draft.

I expect we will be able to keep either Thomas or Ross.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think Kuechly is worth a first If we could get Burfict in the second. Yes he overshoots and doesn't wrap up sometimes, but some of the plays he makes just blow my mind. I am willing to take a risk with him.

As far as Osi, I could very easily see him netting a 2nd, but then I can also see us getting shafted and no one offering more than a 4th. He showed a lot these past few games, he didn't only arc using speed rushing, but he collapsed the pocket, he stunted, he showed a variety of things. If I don't get a mid 2nd offer, I'm keeping him. He's worth more to us than a 2nd when he is playing. Things to think about, he has 10 sacks (including postseason thus far). HE PLAYED 10 GAMES! I know numbers can be misleading, but its also misleading because he wasn't on the field that much and still got his numbers. He's ranked #2 as a passrusher on PFF, which tells you he's been pretty efficient for how much he's been on the field. He's shown up in a big way this year.

I dont know about you, but I think Eli needs to keep this receiving core. MM needs to be retained, he and Eli have a special chemistry, he just needs to stay healthy and catch with his hands and not his body all the time. He looks like he has T-Rex arms for christ's sake. Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham each bring something different to the table and are lethal sometimes.

One thing I'll give you all to think about, besides Ray Rice which will never happen, is Jermichael Finley. I feel like he doesn't want to be in Green Bay. He doesn't get the targets, he doesn't produce as much, and I think he is very discouraged by seeing all the other receivers around him go ham. We use TE's as jokers, we aren't as resourceful as Green Bay, but we've also never had an athlete like this at the TE position (shockey was pretty damn good though). Itd help us maintain this vertical passing game by keeping the safeties aware of him, and if they don't honor him he will get his.

BBD, as much as I love Konz and wish we could get rid of Baas for him, its never going to happen. Reiff is the only OL i like this year besides Konz and Zeitler to a degree. We're likely going to have to find a tackle in FA.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I just don't think Kuechly is worth a first If we could get Burfict in the second. Yes he overshoots and doesn't wrap up sometimes, but some of the plays he makes just blow my mind. I am willing to take a risk with him.

As far as Osi, I could very easily see him netting a 2nd, but then I can also see us getting shafted and no one offering more than a 4th. He showed a lot these past few games, he didn't only arc using speed rushing, but he collapsed the pocket, he stunted, he showed a variety of things. If I don't get a mid 2nd offer, I'm keeping him. He's worth more to us than a 2nd when he is playing. Things to think about, he has 10 sacks (including postseason thus far). HE PLAYED 10 GAMES! I know numbers can be misleading, but its also misleading because he wasn't on the field that much and still got his numbers. He's ranked #2 as a passrusher on PFF, which tells you he's been pretty efficient for how much he's been on the field. He's shown up in a big way this year.

I dont know about you, but I think Eli needs to keep this receiving core. MM needs to be retained, he and Eli have a special chemistry, he just needs to stay healthy and catch with his hands and not his body all the time. He looks like he has T-Rex arms for christ's sake. Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham each bring something different to the table and are lethal sometimes.

One thing I'll give you all to think about, besides Ray Rice which will never happen, is Jermichael Finley. I feel like he doesn't want to be in Green Bay. He doesn't get the targets, he doesn't produce as much, and I think he is very discouraged by seeing all the other receivers around him go ham. We use TE's as jokers, we aren't as resourceful as Green Bay, but we've also never had an athlete like this at the TE position (shockey was pretty damn good though). Itd help us maintain this vertical passing game by keeping the safeties aware of him, and if they don't honor him he will get his.

BBD, as much as I love Konz and wish we could get rid of Baas for him, its never going to happen. Reiff is the only OL i like this year besides Konz and Zeitler to a degree. We're likely going to have to find a tackle in FA.

I don't think Kuechly will either be available when we pick or considered the best player available on our board. I think the front office generally like our young LBs. The question will be do we resign Goff, bring in a vet or move Boley inside and upgrade WLB (either draft or free agency).

If we trade Osi (even if we don't), I think we look at a DE at some point,
(Maybe some like Arkansas DE Jake Bequette around the 3rd round)

Osi will be interesting. I think we likely trade him, but we could also just give him a reasonable extension. I think Kiwanuka will continue his hybrid role for us.
If we do trade Osi, I wonder if we could package our second round pick with Osi for a late first?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I don't think Kuechly will either be available when we pick or considered the best player available on our board. I think the front office generally like our young LBs. The question will be do we resign Goff, bring in a vet or move Boley inside and upgrade WLB (either draft or free agency).

If we trade Osi (even if we don't), I think we look at a DE at some point,
(Maybe some like Arkansas DE Jake Bequette around the 3rd round)

Osi will be interesting. I think we likely trade him, but we could also just give him a reasonable extension. I think Kiwanuka will continue his hybrid role for us.
If we do trade Osi, I wonder if we could package our second round pick with Osi for a late first?
I doubt he goes that much before pick 20, its not the greatest draft for elite talent, but he's not going to test incredibly well and right now his stock is most likely mid-first round anyway. I also do think our staff likes all of the linebackers we have, even Goff, but Goff shouldn't be resigned. A guy with an ACL injury with below average lateral agility? That doesn't sound too good to me.

I agree about DE, but If we draft a LB and trade Osi, Kiwi needs to moved back to DE full time. Kiwi is probably our best run defending DE from observation, yes Tuck is great but Kiwanuka has been phenomenal and stayed healthy. Let's be honest, Kiwi is an athlete, but he's nowhere near agile enough to play in space more than occasionally.

Id rather have the pick, I just am not as excited about these prospects so unless we have someone specific in mind, it makes no sense to only get one pick. I just don't see huge gaps in talent levels.

And GF, I just love his (Lamar Miller's) burst. He is extremely patient, elusive, but powerful. He is an all around back, and even though I do believe Scott could be something in the future, I feel like he's worth it because he is a sure thing.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Is it too early?

Let's be honest, we can draft 7 duds and still not be angry this year. But now that the season is over, we gotta focus on the offseason.

Luke Keuchly is a pipe dream, so basically I see 2 options for us with LB: Vontaze Burfict, or sign Curtis Lofton. I prefer signing Curtis Lofton, I'm a huge Lofton fan, but I'm not sure if the economics of it is plausible, nor am I sure if he leaves ATL to begin with.

We need a C and OT, potentially a WR, definitely a TE with Beckum tearing his ACL and Ballard hurting his knee, and I want some new RBs too.

Basically outside of MIKE, all our needs are on offense. I think MIKE is an absolute need, I would like to re-sign Ross for the right price, but even if we lose him and we re-sign TT to a incentive laden contract, we should be alright at CB, we're fine at safety, OLB is fine with Boley and Williams, although I wouldn't mind a OLB either, dline is set even if we lose Osi, although another DE never hurts.

But for the most part, I want us to focus on offense. We need to replenish the offense with some young talent. That's why I'm hoping we sign Lofton so we can focus on offense throughout the draft.

A guy I really want is Konz. I know it won't happen, but I think C is now the most important position along the oline (LT is overrated to me). Baas has been awful all season, he's as mediocre as they come, and I think Konz is the next Nick Mangold.

But reallstically, it's not happening. So we should look at some OTs, check out Burfict, look at TEs like Fleener, but if all else fails, just go BPA.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly....I don't think we need a MIKE. Roll with Chase. I'm dead serious. Kiwi-Chase-Boley is fine with me. And I'm serious.

I want OL and TE. Those are my 2 main areas of concern. WR if we don't bring Manningham back. Also wouldn't mind a mid-round corner
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love Chase as you know. But I rather have him as our primary backup. Even if we draft a MIKE, chances are he won't start right away, Chase will anyway. We always grandfather in our rookies.

A stud MIKE will take this defense to the next level. It's the only missing piece.

I say re-sign Chase, cut Jones, draft another MIKE or sign Lofton.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to go after Dan Connor. Hes been a 4th linebacker for a good portion of his career and I feel he could be great for us as our starting MIKE. I'd like to sign him, re-sign Chase, re-sign TT, let Ross walk, try and see if we can keep Osi here and then I'd like to see us maybe give Fleener a look at #32.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Manningham walks in FA, I want Juron Criner to replace him. I don't really know all that much about his intangibles or his personality, but he played like a stud all week long at the senior bowl.

You guys have covered the other needs in the previous posts here. I would assume we go offense with our 1st round pick, maybe a TE? I Like Egnew and Fleener especially. People underrates Fleeners athleticism IMO.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the injuries to Beckum and Ballard last night, and PAscoe and Beckum being FA's I see us taking Fleener at 32.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
After the injuries to Beckum and Ballard last night, and PAscoe and Beckum being FA's I see us taking Fleener at 32.
I'm still rooting for us to grab Kuechly, Burflict or one of the OTs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty, I love your insight, but the thought of Chase starting at Mike made me throwup in my mouth a little. A Mike is the missing piece. Fleener would be perfect for what we ask our TE to do, however we find the TE's easily so no need to use a pick on the spot when we have more pressing issues. Mike OT/G/C needs to be addressed.

Now If we trade Osi and move Kiwi back to DE (he has some scheme versatility because he can drop back in cover) keep Boley at Mike and then bring in Zach Brown. I really love Brown's speed. He would give us so much flexibility, and you have Williams as well. Burfit would be perfect though. Boley and Williams at the flanks.

If Mario leaves, I think we can find replacements in what I think is a deep draft at WR. I like Tommy Streeter, and Brain Quick in the third round.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm still rooting for us to grab Kuechly, Burflict or one of the OTs.
You know I love Luke and Taze, but they will most likely both be gone(and we can get Lofton in FA). When it comes to OT, Kalil, Reiff, Martin, Adams will all be gone, who else is worth a first rounder? Konz would be a good pick, if he is still there. Reese loves BPA though and Fleener is a great talent and would be a good value/need pick. Also, after seeing these two tight ends last night, maybe they realize we could use one.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
You know I love Luke and Taze, but they will most likely both be gone(and we can get Lofton in FA). When it comes to OT, Kalil, Reiff, Martin, Adams will all be gone, who else is worth a first rounder? Konz would be a good pick, if he is still there. Reese loves BPA though and Fleener is a great talent and would be a good value/need pick. Also, after seeing these two tight ends last night, maybe they realize we could use one.
I think that Glenn and Osemele are also first round caliber RTs and would love to stick one of them next to Petrus-Baas-Snee. Yeah Diehl's not the best LT, but he's alright and a solid run blocker, let him battle with Beatty and Brewer for the spot over the summer and then go after an LT if we need on next year.

Konz on the otherhand I'm not in love with for us just because I don't see us cutting Baas any time soon and think that if he's healthy next year Baas will make us not want to replace him. Realistically I think we just sit tight and nab the best falling talent at any of the positions we value this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Scotty, I love your insight, but the thought of Chase starting at Mike made me throwup in my mouth a little. A Mike is the missing piece. Fleener would be perfect for what we ask our TE to do, however we find the TE's easily so no need to use a pick on the spot when we have more pressing issues. Mike OT/G/C needs to be addressed.

Now If we trade Osi and move Kiwi back to DE (he has some scheme versatility because he can drop back in cover) keep Boley at Mike and then bring in Zach Brown. I really love Brown's speed. He would give us so much flexibility, and you have Williams as well. Burfit would be perfect though. Boley and Williams at the flanks.

If Mario leaves, I think we can find replacements in what I think is a deep draft at WR. I like Tommy Streeter, and Brain Quick in the third round.
I know, I over-react, I just love me some Chase. I also seriously feel that TE and OL tale precedent over replacing Chase. We can easily upgrade over him, yes, but I feel that if it plays out where we can upgrade at TE and OL, grab a quick CB and WR if MM leaves, or even keeping MM and it leaves us with Chase as our starting MIKE, i'd be perfectly fine with that
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The thing is, we have another year of Perry Fewell, and while I applaud him for changing towards the end of the season, he's still going to try to run more Tampa 2 next year. And if we're going to run more Tampa, we might as well get a linebacker who can actually cover that deep middle.

Or else we're going to have the SAME arguments over our defense AGAIN for the 4th straight year. I just want us to fix that so we can move on already. We've ignored it long enough.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The thing is, we have another year of Perry Fewell, and while I applaud him for changing towards the end of the season, he's still going to try to run more Tampa 2 next year. And if we're going to run more Tampa, we might as well get a linebacker who can actually cover that deep middle.

Or else we're going to have the SAME arguments over our defense AGAIN for the 4th straight year. I just want us to fix that so we can move on already. We've ignored it long enough.
Agreed. Especially since we've got a pretty solid LB corps now. With Boley and Jacquain as great coverage guys and Kiwi for the base package our OLB are in a pretty good place. We've even got some solid depth and youngins we're developing we just need that fast and fluid MIKE to make it all fit. If we add Lofton, Kuechly or Burflict to what we have right now we'll have a strong LB corps.

Leaving OT, RB and whatever massive gaping hole appears next season as our biggest needs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard on the radio and I totally agree.... Colin Cowherd said if you guys had a TE like a Jimmy Graham you'd be unstoppable. Scary thought.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote