Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman Polak is so awesome, a very underrated player in this league. Probably the Blues 2nd rated Defenseman, behind Petro.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
It'll be interesting to see what happens, so many possibilities. You'd have to think that either one or both Todd + DW get canned. As for the players, they could try to retool around the current core or blow it up completely and build around Couture/Pavs/Vlasic/Burns.

I'm not really sure which direction I want to see them go, but I definitely want changes to be made.
Yeah. They're too soft. ST. Louis is just pushing them around.

They can't really blow it up because Thornton and Marleau have no movement clauses. They're kind of stuck making minor FA additions and trying to add through trades (which depleted the prospect pool).
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah. They're too soft. ST. Louis is just pushing them around.

They can't really blow it up because Thornton and Marleau have no movement clauses. They're kind of stuck making minor FA additions and trying to add through trades (which depleted the prospect pool).
Eh, I thought the Sharks dominated a lot of last nights game.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Andy McDonald was the one dominating.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pavelski and Marleau are making me mad.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Pavelski and Marleau are making me mad.
That boarding penalty Marleau took when on the power play broke the Sharks back.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* ass I think he should ******* go before Big Joe. Get Marleau out of San Jose and you got a much better team. piece of ******* ****.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the hell is sabf? it's a record tying marty party dammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A scenario I've never seen happen before:
Lets say Team A pulls their goalie in the final minutes of the game and makes it 6 on 5. Then Team B gets a delayed penalty. Usually in this scenario the goalie would be sent to the bench and an extra-attacker would come on the ice. However, in this scenario the goalie is already on the bench. So now what? Is Team A allowed to send out an extra attacker, thus making it 7 on 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
A scenario I've never seen happen before:
Lets say Team A pulls their goalie in the final minutes of the game and makes it 6 on 5. Then Team B gets a delayed penalty. Usually in this scenario the goalie would be sent to the bench and an extra-attacker would come on the ice. However, in this scenario the goalie is already on the bench. So now what? Is Team A allowed to send out an extra attacker, thus making it 7 on 5?
Of course not. A team is only allowed a maximum of 6 players at any time. The only reason they send the goalie to the bench on a delayed penalty is because the other team can't touch the puck without a whistle thus they can't score.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
It'll be interesting to see what happens, so many possibilities. You'd have to think that either one or both Todd + DW get canned. As for the players, they could try to retool around the current core or blow it up completely and build around Couture/Pavs/Vlasic/Burns.

I'm not really sure which direction I want to see them go, but I definitely want changes to be made.
McLellan better be fired. If he isn't, it will be a travesty. His system doesn't work and there is no reason for him to be here anymore. I think DW does a decent job, but his last two trades (Moore, and giving up McGinn) have made me lose a lot of confidence him.

I would see what the market is for Pavelski and Marleau. I don't want to trade either, but something needs to change in the top 6. Thornton/Couture should be the safest. I want to keep Clowe because he has a unique skillset and Havlat because he's fast/creative. If Pavelski/Marleau can fetch a speedy top 6 forward and a top prospect/high draft pick I would probably pull the trigger. I know I hated it earlier this year, but I would try to trade Marleau for Nash and get someone like Derek Dorsett in that deal too who can be a ****-disturber and play with some emotion. I would try to get somebody like Mason Raymond from Vancouver as a buy-low candidate.

Do not resign Moore, Mitchell, or Galiardi. Buyout Handzus. Trade Murray. I would take Winnik back, but only if he comes cheap.

My lines would look something like this:
Couture - Thornton - Nash
Clowe - Pavelski/Top 6 acq. - Havlat
Raymond - FA/trade - Wingels
Winnik - Desjardins - Dorsett

Boyle - Vlasic
Burns - FA/trade
Demers - Braun
Vandy

Niemi
Greiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I don't think so. They were good at slowing the pace right as they crossed the blue line, keeping the puck along the boards, turning the puck over, passing until a turnover, and taking ****** shots that mostly got blocked. That was a terrible game, and you could tell from the crowd reaction, or lack thereof.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Of course not. A team is only allowed a maximum of 6 players at any time. The only reason they send the goalie to the bench on a delayed penalty is because the other team can't touch the puck without a whistle thus they can't score.
Oh, ok.
Yeah, I always just assumed that you got an extra attacker when there's a delayed penalty. Boy do I feel dumb now. I never played hockey growing up so I never knew as much about hockey as I do about other sports.

Anyway, thanks for responding with out absolutely ripping me to shreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Calder is between RNH, Landeskog and Henrique

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
McLellan better be fired. If he isn't, it will be a travesty. His system doesn't work and there is no reason for him to be here anymore. I think DW does a decent job, but his last two trades (Moore, and giving up McGinn) have made me lose a lot of confidence him.

I would see what the market is for Pavelski and Marleau. I don't want to trade either, but something needs to change in the top 6. Thornton/Couture should be the safest. I want to keep Clowe because he has a unique skillset and Havlat because he's fast/creative. If Pavelski/Marleau can fetch a speedy top 6 forward and a top prospect/high draft pick I would probably pull the trigger. I know I hated it earlier this year, but I would try to trade Marleau for Nash and get someone like Derek Dorsett in that deal too who can be a ****-disturber and play with some emotion. I would try to get somebody like Mason Raymond from Vancouver as a buy-low candidate.

Do not resign Moore, Mitchell, or Galiardi. Buyout Handzus. Trade Murray. I would take Winnik back, but only if he comes cheap.

My lines would look something like this:
Couture - Thornton - Nash
Clowe - Pavelski/Top 6 acq. - Havlat
Raymond - FA/trade - Wingels
Winnik - Desjardins - Dorsett

Boyle - Vlasic
Burns - FA/trade
Demers - Braun
Vandy

Niemi
Greiss

I don't think so. They were good at slowing the pace right as they crossed the blue line, keeping the puck along the boards, turning the puck over, passing until a turnover, and taking ****** shots that mostly got blocked. That was a terrible game, and you could tell from the crowd reaction, or lack thereof.

Paul Martin for Clowe.

Just kidding. Kinda.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Paul Martin for Clowe.

Just kidding. Kinda.
If DW made this trade, then I would be all for firing him.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the hell is sabf? it's a record tying marty party dammit
At least I was naked for it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wings just can't get anything going. Only down a goal but it doesn't look good.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is destined for overtime. Rare is a series that ends without a single OT game.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleury has actually been huge for the Penguins for the past 5 minutes since Kennedy's penalty. Outstanding. First time hes looked like he belongs in the playoffs so far this series.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I hope Nik Lindstrom comes back, he's my 2nd favorite Red Wing of all time, right behind Stevie Y. Hate the team, but it's hard to hate on those two.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
@$*&(^ @#*(@#_ !!@!@ !(*&!@ $@($@)!@.

good job nashville, you were really clearly the better team. good luck.

hey holland, maybe it's time to admit that we need to make some changes.
You're expecting far too much out of Holland.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so I'm in this absurd argument with a blowhard I know on Twitter. He says Datsyuk's 3 points in 5 games is definitive proof that he's not one of the five best forwards in the NHL.

In all seriousness, are there 5 forwards you'd rather have on your team? This moron has disregarded defensive and faceoff ability, which is a great deal of what Pavel brings to the table. He also says these 5 games define him as a player, which is absurd given he's been better than a point per game player over the past 6 postseasons (the only games that matter in this very limited argument of his).
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Datsyuk
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
@$*&(^ @#*(@#_ !!@!@ !(*&!@ $@($@)!@.

good job nashville, you were really clearly the better team. good luck.

hey holland, maybe it's time to admit that we need to make some changes.
Maybe Stevie Y will ditch us and finally save you guys, like I heard one billion ******* Wings fans ranting about when he was named our GM. In all honesty I don't think the Wings need much, just a few more young and talented players.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Giroux
Datsyuk
Crosby and Malkin are the only ones I'd firmly put ahead of Pavel.

This is just in the framework of this asinine argument I'm in where the guy says playoff performance is all that matters. Stamkos is on a lousy team that missed the playoffs, 13 points in 18 playoff games last year. Giroux is excellent, but doesn't have the track record of Pavel. Small sample size comes into play. Toews is certainly capable of being great, but has the same stats as Pavel facing elimination tomorrow. Joe Thornton is famously absent in the playoffs. The Sedins? No.

Man, people are dumb.