Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to make the playoffs before we worry about how someone plays in the playoffs. Baby steps, Jensen, baby steps!

Look, I see what you're saying. Heatley didn't exactly impress me last year either. But the idea that the Sharks won this trade going away just doesn't make any sense to me at all, particularly because Havlat's contract runs longer

Last edited by djp : 07-04-2011 at 03:11 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
We need to make the playoffs before we worry about how someone plays in the playoffs. Baby steps, Jensen, baby steps!

Look, I see what you're saying. Heatley didn't exactly impress me last year either. But the idea that the Sharks won this trade going away just doesn't make any sense to me at all, particularly because Havlat's contract runs for so long.
I wasn't implying the playoff stat for you haha. The playoffs are what the Sharks are playing for and 5 goals in 32 games from a "superstar" player is pathetic. Havlat has a lot better track record in the playoffs and gives the Sharks the style of player they were missing in their top 6. Unloading $2.5m in salary when the Sharks are trying to make a Cup run is very important too. I think the Sharks won the trade as of right now since they:

1) unloaded Heater's terrible contract
2) added much needed speed and creativity to the top 6
3) picked up around $2.5m in cap space to improve other areas on the team
4) got rid of a regular season hero and playoff zero

It's not like the Sharks are stuck with Havlat's contract either. He still should be tradeable down the road, and with the way the salary cap keeps bumping up, his contract probably isn't going to look that bad cap hit wise.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we all just see that this trade has mutual benefit and stop trying to declare a winner?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to say that from the get go. I'm just defending the Wild a bit here because most Sharks fans seem to think they pulled a fast one on the Wild for whatever reason. I definitely think the Wild won the Burns trade with the assets received, but this one is a lot more even.

I just think both deals have merit for both sides, two very good trades that rarely happen. Opportunity presented itself. I wonder if they planned this all along from the draft since Heatley had to give 10 teams not to be traded to by July 1st and Fletcher/Wilson were hoping that the Wild were not one of them

Last edited by djp : 07-04-2011 at 02:25 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Can we all just see that this trade has mutual benefit and stop trying to declare a winner?
Frankly, I think the Red Wings are the winner of this trade.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Heater hater. Just unloading his contract is an automatic win in my book. Picking up Havlat is just a great added bonus.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xio can stop his Yandle fantasy as he signs a 5 year 26.5 million dollar extention.

Kaberle also signs with Carolina.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Filppula would be the #2 center on most NHL teams. You can't devalue him because he plays for a team with Hank and Pav ahead of him.

Brendan Smith is a top 20-25 NHL prospect coming off a big year in his first AHL season.

I'd be very curious to know what package you think Phoenix would deal him for then (to any team). Phoenix isn't exactly in a prime bargaining position. The reports suggest Yandle is unsatisfied being a Coyote because of the team's uncertainty. Do you really think he'll sign longterm there?
lets all laugh at him :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Corvo gets traded to Boston for a 4th round pick.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lets all laugh at him :D
I simply post what I read.

And at 5.25 per season, that'd shut me up pretty quick if I were him.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Joe Corvo gets traded to Boston for a 4th round pick.
Ugh. The B's essentially traded Kaberle and a 4th for Corvo...a lesser and slightly older player. Lame.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit. Nevermind. Misread your post. Carry on.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Funny thing about the Yandle signing is that Ray Whitney broke the story.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at some silver lining of the Franson trade, I hope we get to see plenty of Roman Josi this year. To go along with a full season of Blum, of course. Stud factory.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

St Louis signed Jason Arnott and Jamie Langenbrunner.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this 1999?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Is this 1999?
Perhaps they filled front office positions...
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tells me one thing.....The Front Office doesn't believe David Perron will be ready by the start of the season.

This is getting scary, that concussion could be career ending. He hasn't made any progress in about 8 months.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Prospect camp! It's not fair for Ennis to be here. Such filthy hands.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time in the last few years that i haven't been able to go to Prospect Camp, it had always been scheduled where I was able to go :(

Muzzin was awesome today, the most NHL ready defensemen, but it will be hard for him to crack cause our D is pretty much set.

I'm hoping Toffoli puts on a show(scored today), so he can take the 3rd RW spot.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Foligno dominated at camp. I remember him looking like the worst player there 1-2 years ago. Corey Tropp also looked good, albeit selfish.

Kassian, Adam, and Ennis were usually playing together and that just wasn't fair. Adam was wrecking teenagers, fun to watch. Should definitely be first call-up (sorry, Kotalik). Could've been a good jump year for him but I don't see the opening, unless we decide we can't afford Hecht. Which never happens. We need his defensive ability, anyway.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i read that gustav nyquist looked really good at our prospect camp. im excited to see what he'll do for GR this year
Old 07-11-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Foligno dominated at camp. I remember him looking like the worst player there 1-2 years ago. Corey Tropp also looked good, albeit selfish.

Kassian, Adam, and Ennis were usually playing together and that just wasn't fair. Adam was wrecking teenagers, fun to watch. Should definitely be first call-up (sorry, Kotalik). Could've been a good jump year for him but I don't see the opening, unless we decide we can't afford Hecht. Which never happens. We need his defensive ability, anyway.
Are the Sabres going to name a new captain this year?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'd like to see Vanek get it, I suppose. If they don't name one this year then I'd guess the C will come with a long term contract for Myers next year. There's also a LOT of respect for Regehr from the players, but I don't know if that's where they'd go with it.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda random, but let's all give thanks that there is no lockout in the NHL at this moment.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote