Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Vinny Prospal never make more than $2 million on a contract? Awesome signing for Columbus.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
How Fly Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
How does Vinny Prospal never make more than $2 million on a contract? Awesome signing for Columbus.
Coming of a knee injury may have something to do with that. He should carry the load on the PP until Huselius returns.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He finished the year strong enough, putting up 20 points in the last 21 games of the season to help get the Rangers to the playoffs, and has never really missed significant time before that injury. But being 36 off of a shortened season doesn't go over too well, regardless, I suppose. Might have been the best fit for him, anyway.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The '12 draft might be in Pittsburgh. I might think about going.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but Yahoo is putting out Top 25 lists at every position on its Hockey Blog.

Here's the list for Centers: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp9636

Does Henrik Zetterberg at #14 seem comically low to anyone else? He's behind Lecavalier, both Brad and Mike Richards, etc. That's not homerish of me to presume he got slighted, is it?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's both Xio ;) It does seem he's a bit low, but also a bit of homerism, just like I think Kopitar can be a little bit higher. Vinny seems too high on that list.

Also, feels damn good to have 2 top notch Centers now!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Their RW rankings were hilarious. St. Louis at 7 and Giroux out of the top 10. Ya, k.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
It's both Xio ;) It does seem he's a bit low, but also a bit of homerism, just like I think Kopitar can be a little bit higher. Vinny seems too high on that list.

Just seems off to me. Hank was coming off a top 10 scoring season and he's one of the best-two way players in hockey. Lecavalier being ahead of him ticks me off the most.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 of the top 20 centers? Awesome haha
Old 07-27-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

July 27th, 2011. djp predicts the Minnesota Wild will win the Western Conference this season. Just kidding. Kind of. But yeah, I'm kidding. Or am I?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

Anze seems like the biggest slight, to me. No way he should be 10+ spots behind Staal, and one spot in front of the lesser Staal.

Derek Roy should at least be an honorable mention, there. Spezza could probably be above guys like Staal or Bolland.

Little reason to complain about being behind Brad Richards. I think around only half of the guys listed above him have a better offensive game.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Perhaps we need to do an NHL Player Draft again ...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vinny was awesome in the playoffs. If he maintains that play into this season and stays away from the injury bug he's definitely a top 10 pivot.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Dave Bolland being on that list and Jason Spezza NOT being on it blows my mind.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Krecji should be on there.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those rankings are pretty terrible...I agree with Mcgee in that the RW rankings are laughably bad. And somehow Dave Bolland is a top 25 center in the league now ahead of Tavares? Ok.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Let the laughing and head shaking continue:

Defenseman: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp9802

Predictably, I say Nik Kronwall is low if he's not in the Top 25.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

One year for Parise. Hopefully his last in that craphole!

Sorry, Scotty. But he must be mine.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO! he will sign an extension during the year, I'm sure of it!

you can have Kovy instead. or his contract. Parise must never ever leave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns signs 5 yr extension with Sharks.
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=585520

Sounds like $5.75M cap hit. If that's true that's an awesome deal for the Sharks.
http://twitter.com/#!/PollakOnSharks...51838691115009
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Thoughts? Yahoo goalie ranks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp9870

I think Bryzgalov is entirely too high. Especially if playoff performance was considered.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Patrick Sharp signs five year extension.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Weber gets 7.5 in arbitration. Now give him that for the next 7 years, too.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

ESPN top ten prospect list:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...n-schenn-leads
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont have espn insider.. do you mind copying the list into the thread?