Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy seguin, what a pass
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lombardi/Franson for negative value trade still makes me want to punch babies.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well off to a good start Bruins......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giroux is the ******* man. 81 more to go.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't believe i'm rooting for the canucks.
die...........

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Callahan is dreamy and Kopitar is gonna explode this year.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke adam <3

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Luke adam <3
Top line center! I didn't think it would happen (see a few posts above) but I love him playing with Vanek. And that line is playing awesome out there. Captain Pominville, superstar Vanek,and Calder winner Adam combining for 8 points in two periods.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have a finals prediction?

I'm having a really tough time figuring out who I think stands out ... teams like San Jose and Washington just keep letting people down. The Pens and Wings and Hawks don't sound right either.

Bah, how about Sabres over Kings? Hahahahahaha. Yeah, right.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Blackhawks are my guess in the West.

East is tough. I think Washington made some good improvements up front. Brouwer, Ward, maybe even Halpern will help. I also back Johansson for a nice breakout year. Can't fault the Vokoun move. But guys like Hamrlik and Wideman aren't the most inspiring additions on defense. Big names and big minutes, but they're nothing special.
7 teams are good enough to make it from the East, if you ask me. I don't want to say what I'm feeling, though, because you will all laugh at me.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does everyone still say Detroit can't win because they're old and aging? Every single preview I read from all media outlets says that.

Do people realize they shed their 3 oldest players (besides Lidstrom) in Draper, Osgood and Rafalski? The Wings only have 4 players age 34 or older (Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and backup goalie Ty Conklin). That's not the core of the team.

Was age really the reason they didn't win the last 2 years? **** no.

How many years in a row will the demise of the Red Wings be predicted and never happen? It certainly won't happen so long as Lidstrom is playing.

End venting session. I know the Wings aren't the cup favorites, but it just seems like national wishful thinking to predict their great decline.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Getting older has affected the team. It's not so much that you're old right now, but the fact that you don't have those departed oldest players that were very important to your consecutive Finals appearances 3-4 years ago or guys that have fully replaced them. There is normally fantastic coaching in Detroit but you don't have an overwhelming amount of great players. You're just another team in that upper tier pack out West, and your goaltending is probably towards the bottom of that bunch.

I can't say for sure anybody thinking their current age drags them down. Lidstrom being 41, Datsyuk missing 1/3 of last season and Hank not being the most fleet of foot can be concerns but they're all pretty superficial considering how these guys play and the unpredictability of injury. Bertuzzi is a nice piece and you're never sure how he'll perform, but it's important when you consider how deep the teams that are advancing are.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It's impossible to tell with how little we know about Crosby's situation, but does anyone else think that Malkin getting 30/1 odds for MVP is a pretty good preseason bet? That team is going to win a lot of games and Malkin is going to put up a **** ton of points, maybe 40 more than anybody else on that team, depending on Sid's return.
I hope he has a great season. But it'll be tough with the mediocre wingers.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Getting older has affected the team. It's not so much that you're old right now, but the fact that you don't have those departed oldest players that were very important to your consecutive Finals appearances 3-4 years ago or guys that have fully replaced them. There is normally fantastic coaching in Detroit but you don't have an overwhelming amount of great players. You're just another team in that upper tier pack out West, and your goaltending is probably towards the bottom of that bunch.

I can't say for sure anybody thinking their current age drags them down. Lidstrom being 41, Datsyuk missing 1/3 of last season and Hank not being the most fleet of foot can be concerns but they're all pretty superficial considering how these guys play and the unpredictability of injury. Bertuzzi is a nice piece and you're never sure how he'll perform, but it's important when you consider how deep the teams that are advancing are.
I think Howard will rebound from his sophomore slump. But Howard was very good in the playoffs when it counts the most. I don't think Detroit is in the bottom third of the NHL in goaltenders at all. Closer to Top 10 than bottom 10 this season.

The X-factor might be the Wings' 5.8 million in cap space they take into the season. John Buccigross predicted the Red Wings will acquire either Parise or Weber at the trade deadline. Detroit is well-stocked with prospects and hasn't shelled out much of anything in trades in years. I think Holland will pounce.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Richards already showing what he can do, and I agree with with Wooty, Kopi is going to be a beast this year.

Go Kings!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Weber will still be an RFA if he doesn't sign long-term during the year. Preds won't trade him if they're in the playoff hunt, even more unlikely that they'd give him to a division rival. He still has value when the season is over, if he doesn't want to be there.

As much as I'd like him to leave, Parise isn't likely going anywhere. He's captain in Jersey and their best player. They'll be back in the playoff hunt this year and you just don't give up guys like him. Sorry if that line sounds redundant coming from me, but self-respecting teams don't give up young, prime captains that are top-end players in this league.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Weber will still be an RFA if he doesn't sign long-term during the year. Preds won't trade him if they're in the playoff hunt, even more unlikely that they'd give him to a division rival. He still has value when the season is over, if he doesn't want to be there.

As much as I'd like him to leave, Parise isn't likely going anywhere. He's captain in Jersey and their best player. They'll be back in the playoff hunt this year and you just don't give up guys like him. Sorry if that line sounds redundant coming from me, but self-respecting teams don't give up young, prime captains that are top-end players in this league.
I guess we'll see ...

Nashville cannot sign Rinne, Suter AND Weber. Do you really think the Preds would keep Weber for 2012-13 if it meant they had to let Suter sign elsewhere with no compensation? That is exactly what would happen.

Weber is not content to stay in Nashville after the arbitration debacle. I don't think he was going to sign there longterm even before that. It's true he might not be dealt until the offseason, but I absolutely think he's getting traded in the next year.

As for Parise, I am less familiar with his situation, but he's a UFA at the end of the year, right? I don't think he'd be a lock to return.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think Howard will rebound from his sophomore slump. But Howard was very good in the playoffs when it counts the most. I don't think Detroit is in the bottom third of the NHL in goaltenders at all. Closer to Top 10 than bottom 10 this season.

The X-factor might be the Wings' 5.8 million in cap space they take into the season. John Buccigross predicted the Red Wings will acquire either Parise or Weber at the trade deadline. Detroit is well-stocked with prospects and hasn't shelled out much of anything in trades in years. I think Holland will pounce.
Nashville isn't going to deal Weber to Detroit. There are plenty of other teams outside of the division or even conference that could match an offer from Detroit that Nashville would rather take so they don't have to face him as often.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Nashville isn't going to deal Weber to Detroit. There are plenty of other teams outside of the division or even conference that could match an offer from Detroit that Nashville would rather take so they don't have to face him as often.
Except reports say Detroit is going to the East next season.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If I had to guess:
Detroit to the Northwest
Boston to the Atlantic
Pittsburgh to the Southeast (Ovechkin/Crosby 5 times a year)
Winnipeg to the Northwest
Minnesota to the Central
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know what Weber, Poile, or the owners are thinking. I might try to be an idealist regarding these situations, but Nashville is coming off of their most successful season in franchise history and have a bottom-5 payroll in the league with almost $15 million already devoted to Weber/Suter/Rinne this season. It all depends on what kind of team they want to run/be, what kind of revenue they can actually get, and whether Weber wants to be there or not. I can't say anything for sure regarding those situations. All I know is Weber to Detroit seems juuuuust a little unlikely.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Except reports say Detroit is going to the East next season.
Because reports are always true.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Callahan and his 11 shots got my fantasy hockey season off to a strong start. Also, DEVILS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Because reports are always true.
OK, genius. You tell me how it shakes out. Because we know for a fact that realignment is happening. Winnipeg is shifting conferences.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, ANZE!

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote