Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we pass for MacKinnon I guess I can live with that...

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 06-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo I'm playing against some 2013 draft prospects tonight.

Wish me luck.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What teams will be able to afford and acquire Kris Letang?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about the Wings? Or have you just adopted the Patriots fans' outlook on free agency in order to avoid crushed dreams?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
How about the Wings? Or have you just adopted the Patriots fans' outlook on free agency in order to avoid crushed dreams?
Wings won't acquire him. For one, his contract demands exceed what Hank and Pav get paid, and the team will not bring in someone with a higher salary than that duo.

Detroit also has 8 defensemen under contract and probably won't add one this offseason (Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, DeKeyser, Colaiacovo, Lashoff).
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, would the Islanders think about it with all their space and recently getting rid of Streit? Makes sense, but $ is obviously the issue.

Other teams I could see are Colorado or Calgary.

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-19-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

What are people's thoughts on where Mason Raymond ends up? I don't see him going back to Vancouver, he's still pretty young and is talented. Injuries have been a problem but I could see him being a decent bargain for what the reward could potentially be.

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Kyle Quincy is nothing to write home about either I thought. He did look pretty good from what I saw in the playoffs, but I was under the impression that people weren't happy with him. Kronwall is Kronwall, Ericsson is solid, and there are high hopes for Smith/Kindl/DeKeyser. If by Lashoff you mean Matt Lashoff, then I wouldn't count him as someone that will keep you from bringing anyone in.

DeKeyser and Smith have the potential to be legit offensive threats. Kronwall is definitely adequate in that zone, and Kindl/Ericsson are not offensive liabilities. I guess Detroit doesn't need him, but you saw what they could do with a dynamic offensive defenseman. Letang is not Lidstrom, but he is a weapon. If there is a lot of faith in DeKeyser and Smith then it won't happen, I stand corrected.

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Carolina or Montreal.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are people's thoughts on where Mason Raymond ends up? I don't see him going back to Vancouver, he's still pretty young and is talented. Injuries have been a problem but I could see him being a decent bargain for what the reward could potentially be.
Besides that fact he's a huge asshole? Yeah, he could probably be gotten for pretty cheap.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What teams will be able to afford and acquire Kris Letang?
Islanders make the most sense to me. They have the cap space and the prospects to get it done, only problem is the Pens probably wouldn't trade him within the division.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
He's a guy I would like to see Detroit pursue, but I'm not optimistic that Ken Holland will.

Any guess what contract terms he'd command?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't disagree that they won't bring anyone in, but i think colaiacovo is gone in the near future.
Colaiacovo is cheap and capable enough to be able to trade, but I doubt he gets moved unless they are bringing in another blueliner. I am not sure if what I read is true, but I heard that Lashoff's contract extension is a 1-way deal. I don't think there's a defenseman in Grand Rapids that's NHL ready to fill in if there's an injury, which is why I can see them keeping all 8.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Kyle Quincy is nothing to write home about either I thought. He did look pretty good from what I saw in the playoffs, but I was under the impression that people weren't happy with him. Kronwall is Kronwall, Ericsson is solid, and there are high hopes for Smith/Kindl/DeKeyser. If by Lashoff you mean Matt Lashoff, then I wouldn't count him as someone that will keep you from bringing anyone in.

DeKeyser and Smith have the potential to be legit offensive threats. Kronwall is definitely adequate in that zone, and Kindl/Ericsson are not offensive liabilities. I guess Detroit doesn't need him, but you saw what they could do with a dynamic offensive defenseman. Letang is not Lidstrom, but he is a weapon. If there is a lot of faith in DeKeyser and Smith then it won't happen, I stand corrected.
It's Brian Lashoff and he's a young defenseman that Detroit called up last year to make his debut when the team was hammered by injury. He got signed to a 3-year extension very quickly last season. He's a third-pairing, depth defenseman they're developing.

Kyle Quincey had an abysmal first two weeks to last season and the resentment stuck, even though he dramatically turned it around to become a perfectly decent No. 4 defenseman, which is what he is on this team. He's basically a guy who isn't the problem, but also not the reason you'll win a game.

The team is sky high on DeKeyser and for good reason. Brendan Smith will improve. I see no chance they even sniff at Letang. None.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course Chicago will score a shorty before they get a PP.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to have little Saad babies.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

******* Seguin

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Welp, Saad looked pretty ******** there. And Crawford forgot to move.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This third period is gonna be good.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sick shot. With the NBA Finals and this Cup match up its pretty sweet TV right now.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FINALLY...a PP goal against the Bruins.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a real display of defense and goaltending tonight.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Great shot by Boychuk, seems like he has had a point shot goal every game.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I would say Crawford's glove is a sieve, but it's more of a gaping hole.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
******* stream stutters every time someone scores. unreal. come on chicago, stop sucking.
Going to assume the cbc.ca stream doesn't work for viewers in the US otherwise I would suggest that.