Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sens just acquired bobby Ryan.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I wonder if a team desperate to reach the salary floor would take on Mikael Samuelsson's 3 million? That's probably a pipe dream, right?
Nashville? They could use some offensive talent. I don't like Sammy, but he's still a 20-goal scorer when healthy.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Nashville? They could use some offensive talent. I don't like Sammy, but he's still a 20-goal scorer when healthy.
Not the Preds. They signed Stalberg and Cullen today and were not sitting with a lot of cap space to begin with.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Islanders or Jets.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speculation is that Cleary could sign with Anaheim now that Ryan is gone.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Predators sign Eric Nystrom to a 4-year, 10 million deal.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ottawa had to go and make a big trade. People have rumored about Bobby Ryan for years so now Sabres fans are all going to think they have a great reason to complain.

Anyway, glad to see Dominic Moore back in the game.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damnit Ottawa stop being so likeable.

Also Habs are in play for Coburn apparently.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

From Detroit Free Press beat writer: Sidney Crosby called Daniel Cleary this afternoon to sell Cleary on joining Penguins. #RedWings
Old 07-05-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, 7 years coming off his ELC for Hamonic. I like him a lot, but still surprising.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Has anyone heard any action with regards to the Kings? Outside of visiting Jarrett Stoll in the hospital I haven't heard if GM Lombardi is even considering anyone.

And losing Scuderi sucks; he was super solid on the blue line and will be missed.....

WHAT SAY YE?
Another Kings fan?

And you likely won't see much action from the Kings, we don't have much cap space and our roster is roughly set. If there are any new faces in the regular lineup it will be from our minors (Toffoli, Pearson, Vey)

And it does suck losing Scuds, really hoping Mitchell can play and stay health or else we are screwed...
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I must admit I don't know much about Stephen Weiss' style of play because I can never remember even seeing him play.

Eastern Conference fans, help me out ...
Old 07-05-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be upset with Cleary.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd be upset with Cleary.
On anything more than a 1-year deal, you should be.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be alone, but I'd still love to see Nyquist on a line with Dats or Hank or both.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got Parros.

What were you saying Rufus ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
We got Parros.

It's like Laraque all over again, except with a glorious mustache this time.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I may be alone, but I'd still love to see Nyquist on a line with Dats or Hank or both.
That's not how Babcock assembles his lines. He'll likely use Franzen or Abdelkader with Hank and Pav, and then the other guy on the second line. He always wants a guy who goes into traffic and is willing to rough it up a bit to get the puck to Hank and Pav. The Holmstrom effect, I call it.

Alfredsson would play with Weiss and Franzen if I had to guess. Hank and Pav with Abdel-Idiot
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
We got Parros.

I said "Hey Woot, any players under 4 feet that the Habs are interested in still?"

Only two pages back.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Another Kings fan?

And you likely won't see much action from the Kings, we don't have much cap space and our roster is roughly set. If there are any new faces in the regular lineup it will be from our minors (Toffoli, Pearson, Vey)

And it does suck losing Scuds, really hoping Mitchell can play and stay health or else we are screwed...
Yep, long time Kings fan....(heh, still remember Eddie "Jet" Joyal!)

And thanks for the info. Not really up on who the Kings have in their minor system so I hope these guys pan out. Looks to me like we could use another goal scorer as the offense looked really stagnant at times this year.

Was glad to see Voynov signed long term but was really disappointed in Drew Daughty this past playoffs. Any idea what was up with him?

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Yep, long time Kings fan....(heh, still remember Eddie "Jet" Joyal!)

And thanks for the info. Not really up on who the Kings have in their minor system so I hope these guys pan out. Looks to me like we could use another goal scorer as the offense looked really stagnant at times this year.

Was glad to see Voynov signed long term but was really disappointed in Drew Daughty this past playoffs. Any idea what was up with him?

WHAT SAY YE?
Toffoli will provide a scoring touch IF he plays on the top 6, and right now it looks like they plan on playing him with Richards and Carter.

I think Drew did fine, he didn't have the offensive numbers because he had to be more responsible on his own end babysitting players like Muzzin or Ellerby but defensively he was great. He'll be fine.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lose Filppula and most likely Brunner, gain Alfredsson and Weiss. Not terrible. Weiss is probably over paid but so is everyone in free agency.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Detroit just get Edler?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Did Detroit just get Edler?
Umm ... no? What makes you say that? No way they can afford him, haha.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Michael Ryder, 2 years 3.5 million per with the Devils.

Really like that signing. Not many 30 goal scorers sign for short term and less than 4 million ...
Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Umm ... no? What makes you say that? No way they can afford him, haha.
Nevermind. A Wings' blogger tweeted random rumors. I got excited, then nervous at what it took to get him