Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Marcus Johansson is filthy
Absolutely. Can't believe he was a healthy scratch in the first game. He needs to become their #2 center.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I just wouldn't expect Parise to take a hometown discount.
you just shut your ***** mouth and let me have some hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like what the Devils do even matters when the Islanders Dynasty Part II happens in 3-4 years.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

That Florida powerplay was undoubtedly the worst thing I have ever seen.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Park owns at getting shorties.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tweets from Bob McKenzie at TSN: http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie
Quote:
More and more NHL governors convinced DET will be moving to SE Div in Eastern Conference when realignment done in early December.

If DET goes to SE (East), it's plausible and possible WPG could take DET's place in Central Div (West). Realignment would be done.

Nothing firm yet on realignment, but DET has been good soldier in West for long time. WPG would be fine with Central as opposed to NW.

If that happened, DAL would be most unhappy. Stars want in Central Div. OK, that's all the realignment talk. Discuss amongst yourselves.

NHL won't put MIN in otherwise all CDN division. WPG said to be cool being in Central with 4 US.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville to the SE would make the most sense geographically. I just can't see Detroit in the East.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit is running scared of San Jose. Go to the East Wings. We will allow it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Detroit is running scared of San Jose. Go to the East Wings. We will allow it.
Obviously this comment is meant to bait me. I won't go there.

But I don't recall any Stanley Cup banners or even finals appearances to boast about in San Jose ...

Last edited by Xiomera : 10-11-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Nashville to the SE would make the most sense geographically. I just can't see Detroit in the East.
It makes less sense than you think. The difference in time zones is equally significant to simple geography. Detroit and Columbus are the only Western Conference teams in the eastern time zone.

The Preds, also, don't sound too eager to move to the East from anything I've ever heard. Detroit and Columbus have been lobbying.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If you guys have time, read this article by Bob McKenzie that outlines virtually every single factor in the realignment debate. It's very well thought out.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=377916

I'm totally in favor of realigning to four divisions, mostly because I love the idea of Rounds 1 and 2 being seeded based on division standings. I also love the idea of every team getting a home-and-away series with the other 29 teams. Variety can only be a good thing for attendance and fan interest.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bleh. i hate the idea of detroit in the east.
I'd rather they remain in the West, but move to a more balanced schedule to at least even out the travel for all teams. The teams in the East, especially the Atlantic, have it so good travel-wise and there's a real disadvantage to many of the teams stuck in the middle.

I sympathize with the plight of a team like Dallas, which is geographically close to no one.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kunitz resigns 2 years for 3.75 a year. Nice. He's a big part of our team.

Oh, and Sid is cleared for contact and should be back in a few weeks. Fap fap fap.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my future brother in law Gabriel Landeskog scored his first NHL goal yesterday. I'm still excited.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So my future brother in law Gabriel Landeskog scored his first NHL goal yesterday. I'm still excited.
Explain ...
Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Explain ...
He wants him to marry his sister.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Wild get stuck going to Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary as much as they are now, it's a joke. They need to be in the CENTRAL. They have one of the worst travel schedules in the NHL right now. It's time to even the playing field a bit..
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
If the Wild get stuck going to Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary as much as they are now, it's a joke. They need to be in the CENTRAL. They have one of the worst travel schedules in the NHL right now. It's time to even the playing field a bit..
Exactly. Minnesota is another team that should at least be playing its division games closer to the teams around them (Winnipeg, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago). But there's no way of appeasing every team without converting to 4 divisions.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do people in Dallas realize they have a hockey team? Christ
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wings shutout Vancouver to move to 3-0.

Very early, but the Wings hadn't had consecutive shutouts since 2006. After finishing 22nd in goals against last year, they do look more committed to sound defense so far.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) this is CONSISTENTLY the best thread on SWDC during hockey season. Probably about 40% of the reason I visit here.

2) Avs beat the Senators 7-1.. Wow... I have a feeling they will cool down, but obviously better than they looked.

3) Nashville home yellows look horrendous

4) Kings away jerseys look so nice
Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ottawa is so, so terrible.

Backstrom had a beauty saucer in OT.

Johnny T is a stud and Montoya is still getting it done. I think it's a team to watch, but I hate that 3rd pairing and the top-6 is too unreliable.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Ottawa is so, so terrible.

Backstrom had a beauty saucer in OT.

Johnny T is a stud and Montoya is still getting it done. I think it's a team to watch, but I hate that 3rd pairing and the top-6 is too unreliable.
Unreliable, but that unreliable could go the other way and a guy like Okposo, or even Tavares raising his game to the Stamkos-ish level could vault them into the playoffs as a 6, 7, 8 seed
Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Also, I just saw that Backstrom saucer pass, good lord that was an absolute BEAUTY. It LANDED on his tape.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Nielsen has played well, but he and Parenteau seem like they're just kind of there, a lot of the time (offensively, that is. I love Frans). Bailey has been a disappointment and we're all still hoping for another step from Okposo. I'd love for more filled out lines, which is why I pray for the future explosiveness of Nino and Strome. Tavares can carry a line with Moulson, can Okposo and Grabner do the same throughout a year? Asking them to do what Stafford and Ennis did for Buffalo last year actually doesn't seem like that tall of an order. KO needs to take that step, though.

This was a very good second half team last year with guys like Hamonic and Montoya playing well in conjunction with Grabner's breakout. One of the most underrated top-4 defenses with Streit back. I like their forward depth with Comeau, Reasoner, maybe even Rolston and Bailey. Could definitely see them in 7-8 if Capuano is the real deal.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 10-14-2011 at 12:39 AM.