Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Canada:

Luongo, Price, Smith
Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber
Bergeron, Carter, Crosby, Duchene, Getzlaf, Kunitz, Marleau, Nash, Perry, Sharp, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews

No Giroux or St. Louis, among others.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god that Defense.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great team on paper. They are certainly the favorites, but in these short tournaments anything can happen.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would not have taken carter or nash. 2 biggest surprises to me.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
i would not have taken carter or nash. 2 biggest surprises to me.
Add Kunitz to that list. And Perry because I hate him.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Semin was left off the Russian team. Curious ...
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Six Red Wings on Team Sweden. I know which country I'll be rooting for aside from USA ...

Gustav Nyquist had a case to make the team too. Boooooo!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Alex Semin was left off the Russian team. Curious ...
No, it's stupid.

He is similar to Afinogenov in that he plays at his best for the National Team.

Just one of the several bad decision that Billyaletdinov made when putting together this roster.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Six Red Wings on Team Sweden. I know which country I'll be rooting for aside from USA ...

Gustav Nyquist had a case to make the team too. Boooooo!
Doesn't it feel like there would be more than one starting Swedish goalie in the league? I knew Enroth had a great chance at the team but I never really think about that because of how good Sweden/Lundqvist always are.

I'm actually a little surprised to see Tallinder on the team over Hedman and even Brodin. He's solid but unspectacular, they must find experience desirable.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oshie injured, didn't look good.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Islanders are on fire right now, and they've played some good teams (not Leafs)
Tavares, Vanek, and Okposo have combined for 35 points in their last 6 games. Studs.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Tavares, Vanek, and Okposo have combined for 35 points in their last 6 games. Studs.
But right when we're getting all of the momentum, Nabokov goes down with a strained quad. Poulin's like a fish who just got pulled onto a boat and flops around for 20 minutes.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY COULDN'T HE LET ME HAVE THE DREAM!"
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Sabres have a new GM but I don't know a thing about executives so that's the end of that discussion.

Excited to see Barkov playing against us tonight. I envision him winning a puck behind the net and then sending it out into the slot to Boyes, who fires over Enroth's left shoulder like everybody does.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought tickets for Wings @ Philly on 1/28 and Wings @ Wash on Super Bowl Sunday. I'm pretty pumped. I've never seen Ovechkin live, which blew my mind when I realized it.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So is Ondrej Palat looking like a good deal more than a 20-year old who was lucky to play with Couturier in the Q? He was very impressive in the AHL and his young career has been promising. Been getting big minutes in the second quarter of the season and showing effectiveness in different situations. I think only Marty has more even strength points on that team and he's on a pretty decent point streak right now. Good for him on the Olympic nod.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 01-10-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So is Ondrej Palat looking like a good deal more than a 20-year old who was lucky to play with Couturier in the Q? He was very impressive in the AHL and his young career has been promising. Been getting big minutes in the second quarter of the season and showing effectiveness in different situations. I think only Marty has more even strength points on that team and he's on a pretty decent point streak right now. Good for him on the Olympic nod.
he's always looked impressive to me. i watched him play in around 10 games in the AHL 2 years ago when he played for Norfolk and he was always one of the most impressive players on the ice on a stacked team. excellent hockey iq, good hands, good defensively, and decent speed. never expected that out of him, but he was probably the smartest player on the ice. a lot of players from that team are carving out nice roles in the NHL. palat, conacher, tyler johnson, panik, gudas, killorn.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

This game was in Washington and the crowd started chanting "USA" after this save. Time to get pumped.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget that non contender in the Olympics, why aren't we all worried about the return of Paul Maurice and the impending Jets run to the Cup.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

When Paul Maurice is brought in, you know the stakes are HUGE
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Islanders..so hot right now. Tavares is playing like a man possessed, Okposo is on fire, and Calvin de Haan has been huge since being called up and the pairing with him and Hamonic is playing exceptional. Also pumped to see Brock Nelson starting to churn out some goals considering he's been very productive since he's been up.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

It's not a crazy popular event (only been around for one year) but the All-American Prospects game is pretty much becoming a Buffalo thing for the foreseeable future, with USA Hockey executive director saying to expect more events to come to Buffalo. mmmm gimme tournaments. We're basically the go-to city for hockey things in America.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So the Ducks might be okay
Old 01-16-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

third game I'm seeing the Red Wings play without Datsyuk this year.

good great grand wonderful
Old 01-16-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
third game I'm seeing the Red Wings play without Datsyuk this year.

good great grand wonderful
Ericsson, Helm, Alfredsson and Franzen also out.

Watching the Wings with all of these constant injuries to their best players is ridiculously frustrating. They haven't had fewer than four regulars out of the lineup all year.