Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't wait to get rid of him. i don't think i've ever hated a wings player more than i hate him.
You bolded the wrong name. Jiri Hudler is a waste of space. I wish he never came back from Russia. He's been a colossal waste of money.

Stuart doesn't bother me too much.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was not a penalty on Koivu, and I don't think it was one on Franzen either. Harding was like 5 feet out of his crease.

and yo, it will get better. This team, believe it or not (and I don't blame you for not since I believe the Wild are last in scoring right now) should turn around and start putting in more goals.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Was not a penalty on Koivu, and I don't think it was one on Franzen either. Harding was like 5 feet out of his crease.

and yo, it will get better. This team, believe it or not (and I don't blame you for not since I believe the Wild are last in scoring right now) should turn around and start putting in more goals.
I thought both plays were penalties. Which is saying something, because I'm usually of the belief that penalty calls should be kept at a minimum.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
maybe on hudler (i just haven't seen him do enough bad things for it to be comparable, imo), but every single time i see brad stuart, he's turning the puck over in front of the goal. i think, and granted i can't watch some games so maybe it's confirmation bias, that i've seen him actually make 2 decent passes since he's been in detroit. against nearly uncountable horrific ones.
That's exactly it, though. Hudler literally does nothing. He was a healthy scratch tonight.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's exactly it, though. Hudler literally does nothing. He was a healthy scratch tonight.
One time, I was playing NHL, and Hudler saved the day.

Regardless, him and Stuart are both trash.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd never guess that Ehrhoff, Myers, and Leopold all scored 10+ goals last year based off of how predictable they are with their point shots this season. Sekera often plays like our best defenseman.

Thomas Vanek is a beautiful man. Rally em up!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defence optional in Newark today....although it tends to be a common theme in Toronto.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur is terrible.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Brodeur is terrible.
The goalie or the NFLDC member?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brodeur is terrible.
You're terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brodeur is terrible.
I should have dropped him in my fantasy league. Damnit.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rinne resigns 7 years for 49 million.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rinne resigns 7 years for 49 million.
That certainly makes it harder to keep Weber and Suter.

I'm praying Suter ends up with the Wings.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Kaleta suspended four games for a headbutt. Not hard to see why everyone hates him.

Doubt we even call up a forward despite Ennis, Hecht, and Kaleta all out of use. Why did you fools let go of Kotalik!?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Omar
Rookie

Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That certainly makes it harder to keep Weber and Suter.

I'm praying Suter ends up with the Wings.
Do the Red Wings ever really sign the top FAs? Doesn't seem their style.

(I feel like I could be missing someone huge but whatever)
Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Do the Red Wings ever really sign the top FAs? Doesn't seem their style.

(I feel like I could be missing someone huge but whatever)
Just Rafalski really among players that could be considered top tier and in their prime.

They used to have an affinity for aging stars like Hull, Lucky Luc, Vernon, but those guys aren't in that class and those days have long since passed.

But the Wings opted not to spend the 6 million that came off the books when Rafalski retired with 1 year left on his contract. I guarantee Ken Holland will acquire a big name this offseason. He almost has to if Nick retires.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Omar
Rookie

Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just Rafalski really among players that could be considered top tier and in their prime.

They used to have an affinity for aging stars like Hull, Lucky Luc, Vernon, but those guys aren't in that class and those days have long since passed.
Ya thats what I thought. Rafalski also wasn't in the same class that Stuart is to be completely honest. Stuart is going to get a huge deal whether it is from Nashville or somewhere else(7+ a year). Just doesn't seem like Detroit's style to me to go after any big FAs....even if they will have the cap space
Old 11-03-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ya thats what I thought. Rafalski also wasn't in the same class that Stuart is to be completely honest. Stuart is going to get a huge deal whether it is from Nashville or somewhere else(7+ a year). Just doesn't seem like Detroit's style to me to go after any big FAs....even if they will have the cap space
You're talking about Ryan Suter?

Rafalski's deal was 5 years, 30 million. I have no doubt Holland will pay top dollar if there's a player he can acquire deserving of top 10 defenseman money if Lidstrom retires.

The Wings prioritize defensemen, then centers, then everything else.

I'm not sure Suter would quite command 7 million/year. It's possible, but the HUGE defense money is usually reserved for offensive defensemen, right? Suter's got like 4 goals a year and about 40 points per. He'll certainly get 6 million per.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Omar
Rookie

Quote:
You're talking about Ryan Suter?

Rafalski's deal was 5 years, 30 million. I have no doubt Holland will pay top dollar if there's a player he can acquire deserving of top 10 defenseman money if Lidstrom retires.

The Wings prioritize defensemen, then centers, then everything else.

I'm not sure Suter would quite command 7 million/year. It's possible, but the HUGE defense money is usually reserved for offensive defensemen, right? Suter's got like 4 goals a year and about 40 points per. He'll certainly get 6 million per.
Ya, I mean Suter. My bad haha.

I would be shocked if Suter got under 7 mil/year. With the inflated salarly cap there is no way he goes for less, and if he was willing to sign for less 7 or less...then it would be with the Preds
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ya, I mean Suter. My bad haha.

I would be shocked if Suter got under 7 mil/year. With the inflated salarly cap there is no way he goes for less, and if he was willing to sign for less 7 or less...then it would be with the Preds
There was talk of the salary cap potentially going back down. I could definitely see it. It's almost reached the level of spending across the board that a handful of teams (DET, NYR, TOR) were spending pre-lockout.

The Preds might not have the funds to commit to another 7 mil/year player after Rinne's massive deal.

I'm not getting my hopes up he hits the market though.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention the Preds probably operate on an internal cap nowhere near the maximum...one of Suter or Weber is not going to be back there next year. I think Weber is the better defenseman, but I also see him as the one most likely to be in a different uniform this time next year.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Not to mention the Preds probably operate on an internal cap nowhere near the maximum...one of Suter or Weber is not going to be back there next year. I think Weber is the better defenseman, but I also see him as the one most likely to be in a different uniform this time next year.
Hard to say if the internal cap is in play after they signed Rinne and are making a shot at Suter/Weber.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Hard to say if the internal cap is in play after they signed Rinne and are making a shot at Suter/Weber.
Why? It's not like the rest of their roster is overly expensive. There is almost no way they can afford all three of them for at least $21 million.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What the ****, Red Wings?! 6 losses in a row!?

I mean, to put things in perspective, Detroit lost 6 in a row in 2008 (won Cup) and 7 in a row in 2002 (won Cup), but jesus this team has done a 180 since the 5-0 start.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The goalie or the NFLDC member?
I need this cleared up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote