Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently 13/18 GMs say Tampa is responsible for the 1-3-1 system that happened and want a rule change, according to Bob McKenzie.

Seems like calling Tampa cowards is hinting that the trap Devils, and sometimes the Red Wings are the same. Even Dallas before Turco left.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'm so excited to see if Sid is going to play this weekend. I heard he won't, but it'll be a nice surprise. It's looking like Tuesday now.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN.com's new organizational ranks for prospects:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...ional-rankings
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That list is surprisingly kinda good coming from ESPN.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
That list is surprisingly kinda good coming from ESPN.
Sorry bout your Sharks. How can a team be so low without having had a lot of good players recently graduate to the NHL?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry bout your Sharks. How can a team be so low without having had a lot of good players recently graduate to the NHL?
We trade our 1st rounders all the time.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
We trade our 1st rounders all the time.
Ah ok. I remember you traded guys for Burns, but can't remember the others.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off the top of my head, I think there were 1st rounders involved in the Guerin, Campbell, and Boyle trades. I can't remember what we gave MON for Rivet, but it might have been a 1st as well. That's all within the last ~6 years, and when added with the Burns/Havlat deal (as well as any trades I'm forgetting), that doesn't leave the Sharks with much 1st round talent.

Last edited by Stash : 11-12-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So crazy to see the Wild 2nd on that list considering how god awful the system looked not even two years ago. I like Setoguchi enough, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that Charlie Coyle could be the best player coming out of that trade in the long run. And that's coming from one of the biggest Brent Burns fans around.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where are the Pens? I doubt any higher than 15, but I'm just wondering.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was some ****** no-name player on Buffalo I would have swung my stick as hard as I could into the side of Lucic's head. Just to make a name for myself, even if I had to do jailtime.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets won't last in Winnipeg too long, haha.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Where are the Pens? I doubt any higher than 15, but I'm just wondering.
Pens are 17th.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the Sabres let Miller get plowed over like that and did absolutely NOTHING about it. ******* disgraces to hockey.

BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Sharks usually trade a lot of their picks especially 1st rounders. And when they do have 1st rounders most of them suck (Kaspar, Goc, Seto {for where he was drafted}, and Petrecki hasn't looked as good as most had hoped). Most of the guys that do make it to the NHL are 3rd/4th liners or 3rd pairing defensemen with the exception of Couture lately. Charlie Coyle was a promising prospect, but he was dealt to Minnesota. Matt Nieto is probably the Sharks' top prospect as of right now. He's been doing great at BU. Fast and a sick shot. After that though, there don't appear to be any top 6 prospects in the system. Taylor Doherty and Nick Petrecki are probably 3rd pairing defenseman with the possibility of becoming top 4. Rest of the prospects are just NHL filler most likely.

BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If I was some ****** no-name player on Buffalo I would have swung my stick as hard as I could into the side of Lucic's head. Just to make a name for myself, even if I had to do jailtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I can't believe the Sabres let Miller get plowed over like that and did absolutely NOTHING about it. ******* disgraces to hockey.
******* awful. Where's the heart on this team? Myers and Gaustad were both on the ice and neither one of those guys are going to do a thing about it? **** off.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Montador turning around the Hawks' powerplay. Love it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit seems kinda streaky this year.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Detroit seems kinda streaky this year.
5 wins, 6 losses, 4 wins?

Yeah ...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the team's fortunes have been living and dying with Franzen..

5 wins... 4 goals, 3 assists
6 losses... 0 goals, 0 assists
4 wins... 5 goals, 4 assists
Old 11-14-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Miller is concussed. Myers is a healthy scratch. Fun times.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Miller is concussed. Myers is a healthy scratch. Fun times.
You'll still beat us tonight.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

It'll be an interesting one. Enroth can't lose, but Myers-replacement Mike Weber can't not give away pucks directly in front of the net.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How the **** is Lucic not suspended even a single game?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
How the **** is Lucic not suspended even a single game?
Because he shouldn't be?

BoneKrusher