Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-06-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Well, I've seen plausible alternatives pitched by the ESPN hockey writers.

Like I said, the East can suck it up and deal with it.
What are they? I haven't seen them. This scenario is the best compromise for all teams involved. FLA/TB are still only going to play 3 road games against teams in their conference at most. Plus, they will get the added revenues from the Canadian teams for their home games. I really don't see how they could have possibly done this realignment any better. Anybody remember this ad Florida had last year?

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still surprised Florida still has a hockey team.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it kind of is. They can draw pretty decent Sabres crowds, as well, though it's not hard to outnumber the local fans. Then again, the rats are back.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
What are they? I haven't seen them. This scenario is the best compromise for all teams involved. FLA/TB are still only going to play 3 road games against teams in their conference at most. Plus, they will get the added revenues from the Canadian teams for their home games. I really don't see how they could have possibly done this realignment any better. Anybody remember this ad Florida had last year?
I don't feel like repeating myself, but I'll say it once more to avoid another asinine argument with you: I like this alignment. I find nothing of note to complain about.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
maybe i missed it, but is florida actually a big market for montreal, ottawa and toronto? or is that just "ironic" marketing?
A lot of Canadians have homes in Florida and a lot travel during the winter months. This article explains it better. Obviously not everybody that travels to Florida is going to be a hockey fan, but they probably have the greatest Canadian tourist level of any other team if I had to guess.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

The Sharks are so frustrating to watch...play good for the 1st half of the period and completely suck dick the 2nd half. By nature, the Wild put in their backup's backup and the Sharks won't score again most likely. Hopefully after this game Doug Wilson will fire whoever the hell is working the PK because it's beyond pathetic.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I turned it off about halfway into the first period because we were getting absolutely **** on. I guess I'll give this another shot.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-06-2011 at 11:00 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice dive Vlasic. Good god that was sad. Heatley barely nudged him.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Victor Oreskovich playing like a mad man.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

well, i'm glad i skipped studying to watch that piece of **** game...

BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
maybe i missed it, but is florida actually a big market for montreal, ottawa and toronto? or is that just "ironic" marketing?
I'd expect it to be similar to what Dallas used to have before their local fan base grew. A lot of Canadians would travel to watch their team play Dallas because it was cheaper (tix+travel) than going to a local game. Now it's shifted to Phoenix/Florida teams for that type of game.

Even better was when Florida used to offer food along with tickets!
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe we picked David Fischer over Claude the beast Giroux. holy crap.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe we are actually letting this happen. ******* embarrassing.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Are you ******* kidding me, Gragnani?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I think it kind of is. They can draw pretty decent Sabres crowds, as well, though it's not hard to outnumber the local fans. Then again, the rats are back.
Little belated, but Hollywood Beach is a big French Canadian resort town and its located about 10 minutes from BankAtlantic Centre where the Panthers play

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Nashville showing some offensive resilience, again. Wilson coming up with big plays is a good sign, and I've always felt Erat is as under-appreciated a player as there is in the league. They need to get back to cutting down on the goals they're letting in if they want to compete, but a potential deadline (or earlier) player like Tuomo Ruutu could be very affordable and let them be able to roll out 3 respectable lines.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 12-08-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team that I root for is stinking a little less recently.

For some reason, I am a huge fan of the Florida Panthers being good. I hope they keep up their level of play.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Brayden is out again with a concussion, kid can't catch a damn break this year. Still pulling for the kid, even though he plays for the ugly Flyers.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota Wild: NHL's first 20 win team.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Minnesota Wild: NHL's first 20 win team.
How is that possible!?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Well if I didn't already think this league was a giant turd, they gave me even more reason to last night. Go look at what Travis Hamonic got a major penalty and game misconduct for.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, I saw that. Quite dumb. They obviously just got it wrong, but it shouldn't have been that hard to see what really happened.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How is that possible!?
The usual formula. Good defense, solid goaltending, except this year we're getting timely offense to go with it.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Should they make the playoffs, it'll be interesting to see how these shutdown teams that haven't been there in at least a few years (Minnesota, St. Louis, Florida) actually perform. Mainly the western sides, I doubt Florida can accomplish much. You know the league is praying for all of the five hour, 2-1 games we'd be seeing in a Blues-Wild series.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Just realized this, but how ******* terrible has Martin Havlat been at scoring? 1 goal all season. 1 goal. $5 million for 1 goal.

BoneKrusher