Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold me, APS. I'm pretty sure this game has made me transition from nicotine addiction(quit 3 weeks ago!) to alcoholism(only way to get through tonight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well well well...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Well this is just the ******' worst. Vasilevsky is ****** amazing and Canada can't catch a break with either the puck bounces or the officials. No excuses for the mental meltdowns at the end of the 2nd, but I think the Russians should have more penalties against them than they do, and that elbow should have been 5 and a game plus a game. Obvious headshot. Not that we'd be scoring on these power plays, Vasilev is a ******* animal. I just hope some team takes him and makes him play in the NHL right away, get him the **** out of this tournament because it isn't fair that he has 2 years left. Just ****** sucks to see the team play so ******* well for 95% of the game and get continually robbed, only to have a big breakdown and not have a good enough goalie there to bail us out. Watching every puck bounce just wide of the Russian net, or to a defender, or into Vasilevsky blows too. The difference in this one is that Russia cashed in on every single quality opportunity they've had, while Canada is hitting at like 5% of their legit chances, if that. Ughhhhh.
Playing great? Come on. Canada might have 55 shots or something, they're all blueline ****** shots, or shot from the corners, or slowed down by sticks shots. I prefer players to take their time and create real chances with most shots. It's about the first 5-10 minutes that Canada is really outplaying Russia right now.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wellll...6-5 now
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Playing great? Come on. Canada might have 55 shots or something, they're all blueline ****** shots, or shot from the corners, or slowed down by sticks shots. I prefer players to take their time and create real chances with most shots. It's about the first 5-10 minutes that Canada is really outplaying Russia right now.
Not all of their shots were quality looks, but they were largely controlling play 5 on 5 in the first 40 minutes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Good heart, boys. Came ever so close, rallied from down 5 to come within inches of tying it. Sucks you had to start so poorly.

Also Kuznetsov is a ******, he'll fit in well with the Caps.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW, that was the most nerve-wrecking 5 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. I honestly didn't think Russia would hold on to the lead, Canadians were scoring ever damn minute.

Big Kudos to Canadian players for not giving up.

Makarov came on and played great.

Despite allowing 5 goals, I still think Vasilevskiy is a very good goalie prospect.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
WOW, that was the most nerve-wrecking 5 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. I honestly didn't think Russia would hold on to the lead, Canadians were scoring ever damn minute.

Big Kudos to Canadian players for not giving up.

Makarov came on and played great.

Despite allowing 5 goals, I still think Vasilevskiy is a very good goalie prospect.
Yeah, that dude is insane. Probably would have been at least tied at 2 after one period if anyone else had been in net. More likely have been 3 or 4-2. To do what he did at 17 is just spectacular, and it wasn't a one game thing either, he led the tourney in Sv% coming in, too. Just insane in the net tonight, he's a gem, I hope he's playing in the NHL next year.

Good luck against Sweden, although, full disclosure, I will be cheering for them!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Good luck against Sweden, although, full disclosure, I will be cheering for them!
I would be upset if you didn't.

Canada-Russia wouldn't be such an awesome rivalry if they liked each other.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabf
Also Kuznetsov is a ******, he'll fit in well with the Caps.
Come on. The Caps have plenty of respectable players. Like John Carlson ;)

Kuzsnetsov has only registered points in two games, and he leads the tournament with 13. Always fun when he shows up.

Didn't get to see anything after 4-1, but hats off to both teams. Definitely the two most fun teams to watch over the past two years.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

John Carlson is cool(despite being a heartbreaker), so he doesn't fit in ;)

Also USA needs to rebound. It's pretty clear now that Canadian success depends on the US having a solid team. 2002 Olympics, gold medal showdown. 2006 Olympics we both sucked. 2010 Olympics, gold medal showdown. 09 WJC, closest Canada came to losing was on NYE. 10 WJC, USA wins over Canada. '11 WJC both teams medal. '12 WJC, USA is bad and Canada gets run off the rink before making it close. Hopefully playing for their tournament berth next year motivates the US to do well next time around.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Petr Mrazek :) :) :) :D

Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ok, goalies shouldn't be allowed to jump on piles and to do fist pumps on one knee.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Ok, goalies shouldn't be allowed to jump on piles and to do fist pumps on one knee.
i'll be honest, if he wasn't a wings prospect i'd probably feel the same way.

it's cool to see someone so genuinely excited about the game tho. he was having a good time, and he's still just a kid. i'm sure he'll mature if he ever makes it to the show
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I saw the Russia-Czech quaterfinal.

Both he and Vasilevskiy were awesome.

Not only did they save 80 shots combined, but a lot of those were great chances.

The TSN announcer lost his voice from screaming "WHAT A SAVE!" every 2 minutes.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Canada beat the Czechs 5-0, but it could have been close to that after one period if it weren't for Mrazek being awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mrazek was awesome, but Tim is guilty of treason for posting that video. Pulkkinen and Jurco also shined, unsurprisingly.

Danes down after two tough overtime losses in relegation. They'd be the team I'd most want to see take a Switzerland-like step up.

Now it's time for some sick 7th place action!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Any Swedes or Russians in the Calgary area can probably get some cheap ass tickets for tomorrow.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap Lars Eller

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

okay the wheels are falling off the Wild. Just a colossal slump at this point. Damn.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
okay the wheels are falling off the Wild. Just a colossal slump at this point. Damn.
Trading for Dany Heatley was the worst thing the Wild ever could've done. I'm so happy he's out of Ottawa.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Holy **** Russia. You have... zero? good goalies in the NHL right now, but your goaltending managed to steal last night's game against Canada and potentially tonight against Sweden? With different goalies? What's going on?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Hoooooooooooooolyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy **** Gustavsson

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

idk if any of you are on twitter but i went with Friberg and Grigorenko for the Buccigross Overtime Challenge
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Terrible game by Russia tonight. Sweden deserved this victory completely.

I feel bad for Makarov, such a great effort wasted.