Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Pierre LeBrun said 2nd and 4th.

This really makes me mad. I'm guessing Kubina didn't have Detroit on his list of 5 teams he'd accept a trade to because he'd be a third-pairing defenseman in Detroit.

My professional opinion: Kubina is a *****. Who the **** picks Philly over Detroit?
Me. I like the move, I feel if we're gonna have to give up a decent amount to get Nash it's good to have competent guys to replace them. I've read we're the frontrunner, is this true?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Me. I like the move, I feel if we're gonna have to give up a decent amount to get Nash it's good to have competent guys to replace them. I've read we're the frontrunner, is this true?
I've heard that the Bluejackets want to deal with the Flyers because of the young NHL-ready assets they have, but I don't think Philly has mutual interest at this point.

I think Nash gets dealt at the NHL draft in June. Not this month.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? Because I heard that their GMs were in our management box at a game the other day or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised one way or another.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Really? Because I heard that their GMs were in our management box at a game the other day or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised one way or another.
GMs and scouts are at various games all the time. I'm not saying it won't happen, but franchise players with huge contracts like Nash don't often get traded at the deadline much anymore. The summer makes more sense.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know there's a Lightning fan on this forum ... how good is Pavel Kubina anymore? The Red Wings have apparently made an offer if he agrees to waive his NTC.

Or anyone who watches more Eastern Conference hockey than me, can Kubina still play like he could a few years ago?
He's a serviceable defenseman with a great shot, not someone you want on your first pairing though.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lololololol Kings. 32 goals allowed in their last 20 games. Seven wins.

Can we cut off the playoff teams at 6 per conference this year?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Wild are a ******* atrocity against the sport of hockey.
Lol they went 18 minutes and 36 seconds without registering a shot on goal.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James ******* Neal gets a new 6 year contract extension. :)
Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
He's a serviceable defenseman with a great shot, not someone you want on your first pairing though.
That's what I figured. He would have been on Detroit's third pairing.

I'm a little annoyed with Ken Holland since he's now missed on acquiring Hal Gill, Pavel Kubina, and Dominic Moore. I know he definitely had offers in on the first two.

He decided not to spend any of their cap space this summer, instead waiting until the deadline, and yet it's looking him he won't acquire anybody that will make an impact.

Still crossing my fingers for Selanne wising up and realizing he'd rather have a Stanley Cup than play 25 more worthless games in Anaheim.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone please explain to me why pittsburgh vs buffalo is being shown nationally on nbc while san jose AT detroit (streak on the line) is limited to those two markets?

this is why i ***** and moan about pens favoritism. the nhl or nbc (or whoever the hell makes these decisions) would rather showcase a 5th place team playing a god awful team for their ******** hockey day in america instead of a 1st v 3rd matchup. it doesn't make any sense
Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moar Malkin and Neal

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Moar Malkin and Neal
and nonstop coverage of crosby skating at practice. yay. i think im going to go play flag football with some interwebz friends instead (nalej)
Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a little annoyed with Ken Holland since he's now missed on acquiring Hal Gill, Pavel Kubina, and Dominic Moore. I know he definitely had offers in on the first two.

He decided not to spend any of their cap space this summer, instead waiting until the deadline, and yet it's looking him he won't acquire anybody that will make an impact.

Still crossing my fingers for Selanne wising up and realizing he'd rather have a Stanley Cup than play 25 more worthless games in Anaheim.
Seriously? Gill or Moore wouldn't be much of an upgrade over any of your players. Kubina is serviceable, but yet again I don't see how the Wings would need him that much already having Lidstrom, Kronwall and White, all being better options on the PP at this point in time.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Seriously? Gill or Moore wouldn't be much of an upgrade over any of your players. Kubina is serviceable, but yet again I don't see how the Wings would need him that much already having Lidstrom, Kronwall and White, all being better options on the PP at this point in time.
Our 6th defenseman is Jakub Kindl or Mike Commodore. Gill or Kubina would have been pretty significant upgrades, IMO. And you have to guard against injuries if you intend to win the Cup.

Kubina would have given the Wings a badly needed right-handed shooter and would be on our 2nd power play unit. Detroit has TWO players, only one of which is probably even going to be in the playoff lineup, that shoot right. Seriously. Ian White is the only right-handed shot on the team.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
can someone please explain to me why pittsburgh vs buffalo is being shown nationally on nbc while san jose AT detroit (streak on the line) is limited to those two markets?

this is why i ***** and moan about pens favoritism. the nhl or nbc (or whoever the hell makes these decisions) would rather showcase a 5th place team playing a god awful team for their ******** hockey day in america instead of a 1st v 3rd matchup. it doesn't make any sense
The Wings aren't even on in the Detroit market right now ... WHAT THE ****?

EDIT: They staggered the starts of the games, apparently. Still lame.

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Wings aren't even on in the Detroit market right now ... WHAT THE ****?
Do you have a link to watch it online?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Do you have a link to watch it online?
Nah, not a legal link. The game is on now in the Detroit market though.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop. Just stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post

Detroit is one of the 4 teams that gets NBC games, so no complaints for you.

Also, we are ruling hard right now. Then again, we did the same thing against Philly earlier in the week, and we only lost that one by 5.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah, not a legal link. The game is on now in the Detroit market though.
You made the specification of legal...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You made the specification of legal...
They're all on NBC.com
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Stop. Just stop.
Why are you telling me to stop? Stop what?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
They're all on NBC.com
I love you

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our 6th defenseman is Jakub Kindl or Mike Commodore. Gill or Kubina would have been pretty significant upgrades, IMO. And you have to guard against injuries if you intend to win the Cup.

Kubina would have given the Wings a badly needed right-handed shooter and would be on our 2nd power play unit. Detroit has TWO players, only one of which is probably even going to be in the playoff lineup, that shoot right. Seriously. Ian White is the only right-handed shot on the team.
Gill is only useful on the PK, and the wings don't stand out to me as a team who need that much PK help, considering they're amongst the teams with the fewest penalties. Also Lidstrom, Stuart, Kronwall and Ericsson can all get the job done fairly well, and dare i say just as good as that old guy who can't skate.

I agree about Kubina being an upgrade, but I personnally like Kindl enough and giving him some playoff experience is, IMO, more important than having a rapidly declining Pavel Kubina as a 6th defenceman. However, didn't know about your desperate lack of right-handed shooters. That does factor in the equation somewhat.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
They're all on NBC.com
Is this special to today? Are they always streamed online?
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why are you telling me to stop? Stop what?
He might be believing you are approaching Hines levels of "I want that player on my team".