Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Flyers fan I don't really mind Neal's actions that much. Asham and Adams though pissed me off. The stupid jumping of Hartnell was ********. I know it wasn't Crosby's intention, but with the way he acted all game I get why Hartnell would turn on him and Adams should have just let it be.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do the refs protect Crosby? This has always bothered me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who wants the Pens (besides Hines) to come back and force it to game 7? Then whoever wins...who cares.

I just want MOAR of this series.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like for more, but I kind of love how everybody had Pittsburgh as the Cup favorite and now they're just getting their **** pushed in.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'd like for more, but I kind of love how everybody had Pittsburgh as the Cup favorite and now they're just getting their **** pushed in.
I didn't :) muahaha

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Flyers would be my new Cup favorite if not for Bryzgalov.

If the Pens and Canucks are out, this will be incredibly wide open.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was one of those idiots who has Pittsburgh winning, Fleury as my goalie for the hockey pool sure has worked out well.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The Flyers would be my new Cup favorite if not for Bryzgalov.

If the Pens and Canucks are out, this will be incredibly wide open.
Clear favorite is whoever has Dustin Brown and Jon Quick. 'Merica, son.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Congrats to Cory Conacher on getting the AHL MVP. Guy played college and summer league in Buffalo, nice to see him doing this well. Norfolk is pretty filthy, in general. 28-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congrats to Cory Conacher on getting the AHL MVP. Guy played college and summer league in Buffalo, nice to see him doing this well. Norfolk is pretty filthy, in general. 28-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.
I went to their record-breaking game and another one last weekend. Conacher is a fast little bugger, he will be in the NHL next year. St. Louis-lite. Richard Panik is a magician with the puck too. He made one SICK play that I couldn't believe he pulled off. Spun around a defender, toe drag between the legs, then a perfect pass to set up a goal.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Always liked Panik. He was the only thing Slovakia had going at the WJC in Buffalo.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clear favorite is whoever has Dustin Brown and Jon Quick. 'Merica, son.
I'd disagree with that, but OK.

Give me the defending champs still.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Carkner gets 1 game.

Hagelin gets 3 games.

But yeah, waiting to see if Alfredsson plays tomorrow is meaningless because clearly the NHL/Shanahan would never ever hand out a suspension based in any part on the severity of an injury sustained (or conversely, the lack of one) ...................
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised Burns didn't even get a hearing for the Nichol elbow.. seemed like a pretty distinct attempt to injure to me.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how the **** does Carkner get suspended for that? i've never seen somebody suspended for getting an aggressor penalty and sticking up for his teammate. more BS from Shanahan and his evergrowing vagina.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Now that one I understand a suspension. You don't normally see a gloves-off ground and pound like that, Carkner deserved it.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Now that one I understand a suspension. You don't normally see a gloves-off ground and pound like that, Carkner deserved it.
There have been plenty of instances just like it that went unpunished. MacIntyre on Staubitz a year ago would be one, in which no suspension was handed out. Shanahan is just making **** up as he goes. The Aggressor rule even states that in the playoffs, a player will be suspended after his SECOND aggressor not the first.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, Shanahan truly is making this up as he goes with zero consistency or even rationale it seems.

I'm totally OK with harsh penalties so long as they're consistent and not based on flimsy rationale like whether the opposing player was injured or not. Take into account the circumstances too (like whether there was time left on the clock when they occur ... ahem).

I want headshots out of the game.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Dustin Brown just leveled Henrik Sedin. Checking for a concussion now.

Looked pretty clean and he wasn't penalized, though a scrum ensued.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Keslerflop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
I want headshots out of the game.
They're never going to be "out of the game" unless hitting in general is outlawed. You can severely punish intentional ones, but it's so easy to occur unintentionally.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-15-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forget, which soccer team does Kesler play for?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Man City of course.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I like how the fighting and hits seem to be carrying over from series to series.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Man City of course.
You trying to rustle my jimmies?

It's really quite amazing how he went from 40-goal beloved Selke contender to average diving little *****.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I didn't watch that game. Heard there were lots of fights, though.