Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Do we make moves free agency?

One GLARING need in my opinion is still a good 3rd down back that would properly compliment Blount. If Reggie Bush gets cut I'd love to sign him to be a 3rd round back. I think a player that could line up in multiple positions on the field and create instant mismatches would really open up our offense (Reggie Bush / Dexter McCluster / Cj Spiller / Percy Harvin type).

Am I the only person out there that wants us to give Noelle Divine a shout? Mark Herzlich? Do we sign a linebacker? Make a play for a defensive back? What's everybody thinking? I would be shocked if we didn't look into improving the RB position, and I'd love to sign Herzlich ..I think he can compete at OLB right now and would be a great locker room guy / leader for us.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, we've been building some good chemistry with Freeman and organizing player workouts. Keeping that chemistry in tact will do wonders going forward.

However, we are going to have to start spending money because the Floor is going to be 95% of the cap I think?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
MucBuc
Rookie

MucBuc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes, I think we'll have to sign a couple of FA's (excluding re-signing our own) just to reach the cap floor. Depending on the new CBA there could be a bunch of interesting players available.

The most likely positions to adress would IMO be backup RB (maybe Norwood, R. Bush or Sproles), O-Line depth, LB (maybe J. Anderson, D. Jackson or Z. Diles) and Safety. Could also use some depth for CB in case of a Talib suspension, but I don't think MD will go after Asomugha.
MucBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayerx47 View Post
One GLARING need in my opinion is still a good 3rd down back that would properly compliment Blount. If Reggie Bush gets cut I'd love to sign him to be a 3rd round back. I think a player that could line up in multiple positions on the field and create instant mismatches would really open up our offense (Reggie Bush / Dexter McCluster / Cj Spiller / Percy Harvin type).

Am I the only person out there that wants us to give Noelle Divine a shout? Mark Herzlich? Do we sign a linebacker? Make a play for a defensive back? What's everybody thinking? I would be shocked if we didn't look into improving the RB position, and I'd love to sign Herzlich ..I think he can compete at OLB right now and would be a great locker room guy / leader for us.
You guys gotta give up the Herzlich bandwagon. What he went through really sucks and he was a great player before it, but now he's got rods in his leg and lost a lot of movement ability. He's a major liability on the field and I don't think he'll ever recover enough to have an impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MucBuc View Post
Yes, I think we'll have to sign a couple of FA's (excluding re-signing our own) just to reach the cap floor. Depending on the new CBA there could be a bunch of interesting players available.

The most likely positions to adress would IMO be backup RB (maybe Norwood, R. Bush or Sproles), O-Line depth, LB (maybe J. Anderson, D. Jackson or Z. Diles) and Safety. Could also use some depth for CB in case of a Talib suspension, but I don't think MD will go after Asomugha.
Bush is the best receiver out of the group but I've always liked Norwood a lot. He can really accelerate as a runner. The staff might be expecting Huggins to be the 3rd down back, but there's no downside to bringing in competition at the right price. If we signed any of those 3 then they would be the guy, barring a Ward situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 AM    (permalink
MucBuc
Rookie

MucBuc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Bush is the best receiver out of the group but I've always liked Norwood a lot. He can really accelerate as a runner. The staff might be expecting Huggins to be the 3rd down back, but there's no downside to bringing in competition at the right price. If we signed any of those 3 then they would be the guy, barring a Ward situation.
IDK if anyone can really expect anything from Huggins after he blew out his knee last year, which is never a good thing for a speed back. Rumor has it that his recovery has been very slow so far.
MucBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say, let Joseph go and get Mankins. Guy is a mauler and I wouldn't over pay for Joseph. I mean he is very good at RG, but he's consistantly injured and honestly, our line didn't miss him too much with Hardmen.

Jonathon Joseph at CB is another option, as he is a ball hawking CB in the secondary.

Don't be surprised if we bring back Ruud to play WLB. A lot of scouts believe that is his more natural position.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the staff likes Ruud as the QB of the defense, but even at WLB he's not physical enough and doesn't make enough plays. We can't afford to have wrap tacklers that don't make plays in a Tampa 2 (even a hybrid). The whole design of the defense is to bend but then make a big play and then buckle down from there, or get a turnover.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote