Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,274
Reputation: 22538
bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Dream Team of Tomorrow (per ESPN)

Vote for players who will be stars from 2014-16 (ESPN)

LINK

Voting results so far:



Thoughts?
__________________

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Geez, no love for any Bucs huh? Josh Freeman has the potential to become a top 3 QB in the league and honestly, better than Bradford and Ryan.

Mike Williams is another one who didn't get enough credit there. I read an interesting article on how he didn't fully grasp the playbook until week 17 and is learning the Z, X, and slot WR positions and studying and working with Free this season. I can see him only getting better.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

QB - Free and Rodgers should be 1-2 for a while like Brady and Manning. Ryan will be up there as well but Bradford's not close imo. I went with Free because he's 23 and Rodgers is turning 28, plus edge goes to the Bucs ;).

RB - Charles and Trent Richardson. I like Charles over CJ2K because he looks more durable. Richardson will be a beast from the get-go. Dude is made for the NFL.

WR - Megatron and Harvin. Megatron is a no-brainer. I would've voted for Andre Johnson but he wasn't on there, and Fitz seems to be on the decline already. I went with Harvin because he's one of the most talented guys in the NFL, period. He'll never produce like a lot of those guys (Mike Williams included) but he's more dangerous and complements Johnson well.

TE - Vernon Davis. Only Jimmy Graham could turn out better but that's projecting too much. Davis is also a much better blocker.

OT - Thomas and Long. Easy picks. I like Bulaga as well.

OG - Evans and Nicks. Damn the Saints. Iupati was a close call as well.

C - Mangold. I'm not buying the Pouncey hype yet. They're athletic and good technicians but I like physical, mauling Cs.

DE - Houston and Quinn. It's funny because the 3 I liked the most are all at the bottom...what do I know? Quinn has the best RDE edge rusher potential of the group. Houston is a physical freak who has already impressed. Long has limited upside, Cole and Tuck may have their best football behind them, and I've never been high on JPP and Dunlap. Watt might be safer than Houston though, although he's in a 3-4 and this is a 4-3.

DT - Suh and McCoy...next. Raji and Ngata are 3-4 guys. Good luck getting pressure with a 4-man front featuring this mediocre End group and 2 space-eaters. Kyle Williams in last? He's arguably the best DT in that group right now. That makes me feel less angry about McCoy getting 6% of the vote when he's got the athleticism of a LB, the BF% of a DB and the size and motor of any great DT.

LB - Willis, Matthews, Miller. Willis is the easy pick at MLB - future HOFer. Matthews is more of a 3-4 guy but he's so good he could excel in any defense. Miller is also more of a 3-4 guy but he's explosive and not too big to play a 4-3. Excellent group of players overall.

CB - Another excellent group, but no Talib? DeAngelo Hall and DRC...GTFOH. Revis and McCourty were the 2 best CBs in football last season and I don't see that changing since Talib isn't an option here. Peterson and Shield could be better in a few years but it's not like Revis and McCourty are lacking for talent either.

S - I don't like this group. I picked Berry at FS and then was left with Meriweather and a bunch of nobodies at SS. If I redid it I'd take Ward or Collins at Free and then Berry at Strong even though that's not his natural position. Berry will be a HOFer barring injuries.

My kick returners are Tate and Mariani. How does Mariani have less than 4% of the vote? He was almost unstoppable last year. MeSean had 1 spectacular TD but was relatively quiet, and I doubt Peterson returns many kicks in the NFL.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
QB - Free and Rodgers should be 1-2 for a while like Brady and Manning. Ryan will be up there as well but Bradford's not close imo. I went with Free because he's 23 and Rodgers is turning 28, plus edge goes to the Bucs ;).

RB - Charles and Trent Richardson. I like Charles over CJ2K because he looks more durable. Richardson will be a beast from the get-go. Dude is made for the NFL.

WR - Megatron and Harvin. Megatron is a no-brainer. I would've voted for Andre Johnson but he wasn't on there, and Fitz seems to be on the decline already. I went with Harvin because he's one of the most talented guys in the NFL, period. He'll never produce like a lot of those guys (Mike Williams included) but he's more dangerous and complements Johnson well.

TE - Vernon Davis. Only Jimmy Graham could turn out better but that's projecting too much. Davis is also a much better blocker.

OT - Thomas and Long. Easy picks. I like Bulaga as well.

OG - Evans and Nicks. Damn the Saints. Iupati was a close call as well.

C - Mangold. I'm not buying the Pouncey hype yet. They're athletic and good technicians but I like physical, mauling Cs.

DE - Houston and Quinn. It's funny because the 3 I liked the most are all at the bottom...what do I know? Quinn has the best RDE edge rusher potential of the group. Houston is a physical freak who has already impressed. Long has limited upside, Cole and Tuck may have their best football behind them, and I've never been high on JPP and Dunlap. Watt might be safer than Houston though, although he's in a 3-4 and this is a 4-3.

DT - Suh and McCoy...next. Raji and Ngata are 3-4 guys. Good luck getting pressure with a 4-man front featuring this mediocre End group and 2 space-eaters. Kyle Williams in last? He's arguably the best DT in that group right now. That makes me feel less angry about McCoy getting 6% of the vote when he's got the athleticism of a LB, the BF% of a DB and the size and motor of any great DT.

LB - Willis, Matthews, Miller. Willis is the easy pick at MLB - future HOFer. Matthews is more of a 3-4 guy but he's so good he could excel in any defense. Miller is also more of a 3-4 guy but he's explosive and not too big to play a 4-3. Excellent group of players overall.

CB - Another excellent group, but no Talib? DeAngelo Hall and DRC...GTFOH. Revis and McCourty were the 2 best CBs in football last season and I don't see that changing since Talib isn't an option here. Peterson and Shield could be better in a few years but it's not like Revis and McCourty are lacking for talent either.

S - I don't like this group. I picked Berry at FS and then was left with Meriweather and a bunch of nobodies at SS. If I redid it I'd take Ward or Collins at Free and then Berry at Strong even though that's not his natural position. Berry will be a HOFer barring injuries.

My kick returners are Tate and Mariani. How does Mariani have less than 4% of the vote? He was almost unstoppable last year. MeSean had 1 spectacular TD but was relatively quiet, and I doubt Peterson returns many kicks in the NFL.
I agree with this alot. I do think however Mike Williams deserved more love in that voting. It seemed like he got no votes.

I disagree with you on Harvin. He is more of a slot WR. Mike Williams is a playmaker who can outjump defenders for the ball (see the Bengals and Saints week 17 game). I don't see Harvin as that type of a WR, a number 1 option. I think if Rice leaves Minnesota, he won't take over that role.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The whole Dez Bryant vs. Mike Williams thing (or anyone else on that list) is ridiculous. That's for sure. He's higher rated on Madden and fans obsess over him because he plays for the Cowboys and knows Deion.

I agree about Harvin. Like I said, he won't be the most productive player but he's one of the most talented and can cause any defense fits. Williams wins 1on1 matchups but I don't think he'll be a WR that you have to scheme against the way Harvin can impact the game. If I'm choosing 2 WRs for a team, I want Megatron as a guy that can outjump defenders to the ball and Harvin as a guy who can do a variety of things offensively. We have a similar thing going in Tampa with Mike Williams (poor man's Megatron) and Benn (poor man's Harvin).
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
The whole Dez Bryant vs. Mike Williams thing (or anyone else on that list) is ridiculous. That's for sure. He's higher rated on Madden and fans obsess over him because he plays for the Cowboys and knows Deion.

I agree about Harvin. Like I said, he won't be the most productive player but he's one of the most talented and can cause any defense fits. Williams wins 1on1 matchups but I don't think he'll be a WR that you have to scheme against the way Harvin can impact the game. If I'm choosing 2 WRs for a team, I want Megatron as a guy that can outjump defenders to the ball and Harvin as a guy who can do a variety of things offensively. We have a similar thing going in Tampa with Mike Williams (poor man's Megatron) and Benn (poor man's Harvin).
Respectable analysis. I'm not saying Mike Williams will be better than any of those guys, possibly Dez Bryant though, I think he can be a top 8 WR in the next 2-3 years. He's shown he's not a diva or drama queen so far, but I like what we got with a trio of Williams/Benn/Briscoe and Winslow and Stocker at TE. Can you imagine if we sign Reggie Bush? Our offense can be dynamic.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You only hear good things about Mike. His workmanlike attitude, his vibrant personality, his production despite not knowing the offense. He caught a TD every 6 catches last year, which is as high as just about any WR in the NFL. He's not the most physically imposing receiver, but neither is Roddy White or Reggie Wayne. He can be as good as those two.

I'm a big fan of Reggie Bush in pewter and red. We don't need another runner...we have Blount, Bradford and one of Lumpkin/Graham. Caddy doesn't contribute on special teams. Bush could be the perfect 3rd down back, receiving threat and punt returner. Olson proved he can creative use unique talents with Benn, and I hope they have a similar vision for a back like Bush. I'd hate to see us depend on a big back like Graham for 3rd downs...that's very conservative. We can use Lorig or Bradford as a pass blocker and still have Bush on the field imo.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I agree with this alot. I do think however Mike Williams deserved more love in that voting. It seemed like he got no votes.

I disagree with you on Harvin. He is more of a slot WR. Mike Williams is a playmaker who can outjump defenders for the ball (see the Bengals and Saints week 17 game). I don't see Harvin as that type of a WR, a number 1 option. I think if Rice leaves Minnesota, he won't take over that role.
Yes, Mike WIlliams not being a top choice is ridiculous. He is a complete WR while Harvin projects more as a #2 or slot. Besides that, until he gets his migraines and other issues that keep him from playing regularly under control, he's yet to prove himself as a consistent performer.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Respectable analysis. I'm not saying Mike Williams will be better than any of those guys, possibly Dez Bryant though, I think he can be a top 8 WR in the next 2-3 years. He's shown he's not a diva or drama queen so far, but I like what we got with a trio of Williams/Benn/Briscoe and Winslow and Stocker at TE. Can you imagine if we sign Reggie Bush? Our offense can be dynamic.
You can't have a dynamic offense when it's banking on a player that can never stay healthy. Bush may have talent but his inability to stay healthy or to consistently run North/South or between the tackles makes him a liability.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

BTW, the fact that DeSean Jackson was even on the ballot at Return Man shows not only how ridiculous and poorly thought out this poll was, but to how stupid the majority of the people taking part in it are.

How intelligent would it be for Philly's best WR, that happens to be 167 lbs., to still be a return man at 28-31 years of age?

And considering 2nd year man Freeman outperformed 3rd year man Matt Ryan despite having less proven weapons, and being 3 full years younger, not to mention tons more physically talented, is ludicrous.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
BTW, the fact that DeSean Jackson was even on the ballot at Return Man shows not only how ridiculous and poorly thought out this poll was, but to how stupid the majority of the people taking part in it are.

How intelligent would it be for Philly's best WR, that happens to be 167 lbs., to still be a return man at 28-31 years of age?

And considering 2nd year man Freeman outperformed 3rd year man Matt Ryan despite having less proven weapons, and being 3 full years younger, not to mention tons more physically talented, is ludicrous.
I'm still wondering how Freeman finished 5th, behind Ryan, Bradford, and Andrew Luck. Don't get me wrong, Bradford played very well last year, but he doesn't have Freeman's upside. Freeman is stronger with a better arm and is a beast to bring down. Andrew Luck is an elite prospect, but he hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

People don't think their answers through that way. Bradford was the #1 overall pick and former Heisman winner. Ryan was on the #1 seed Falcons and was also a top 3 pick. End of story.

Did you not see how long it took for Rodgers to get cred?
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.