Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If somebody can show me an alternate, that has a way better price and way better selection I'll cancel, until then I see no reason to. Streaming because the most convenient thing for me in a long time, in fact I purchase Hulu as well for the TV series up to date which isn't much at all.

I hate price spikes, but everyone is doing it after awhile. Notice how their isn't really a 99 cent menu anymore at fast food places like there was not long ago? Nuggets at Wendy's are like 1.30 now, it's just the world we live in, not gonna bash Netflix for it.

It be different if a competitor was blowing them out of the water, but I am getting streaming from somewhere because of how much I use it and how convenient it is. Renting movies isn't as big of a deal for me, because I buy what I want because I like having a collection.

Roughly 20$ a month for what I get out of Netflix and Hulu isn't breaking me yet. I do hope alot more people cancel, drop stock etc, those are the types of things that drop prices back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's essentially where I am. If someone wants to compete, I would welcome it. Until then, I'll just pay it because I do use if and there's really no viable way to replace it.

The biggest thing for me from a competition standpoint would be the devices you would be able to stream on. It's extremely convenient to use my Xbox and Playstation 3 as a streambox.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much get the DVD's for movies and stream TV shows. I'm TV show streaming junkie so I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth just from that.

Last edited by Splat : 09-21-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the netflix price hike already in effect because I've been paying 7.99 every month when I see my bank statement.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Is the netflix price hike already in effect because I've been paying 7.99 every month when I see my bank statement.
The price increase is in effect now but if you have the Streaming Only service you are not effected.

It's the DVD part that went up in price.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dubblezzzz

Last edited by bantx : 09-22-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Figured I never used the dvd option anyways if I really wanted a dvd I'd go out and buy the blu ray.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Most people only use Netflix for streaming. That is why I don't understand why people are freaking out so much. I think some people just like to ***** about stuff.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Resonance
Rookie

Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.Resonance could make a wolverine purr.

Netflix was never meant to survive on sending DVDs to homes. It wasn't a valuable business model. The people that rent a few DVDs a month are the only way they make money, and most of those people will be content with Redbox. The people that rent continuous DVDs cost money probably. I believe the DVD portion will be phased out.

Netflix streaming is going to have to come a long way for me to want to actually pay for it. I got it free for a month then watched almost all the movies worth seeing... I will probably get another month free next year and watch whatever they added, but I doubt the selection will have changed much. It might even continue to get worse.
Resonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

The best thing they have going for them is their TV shows and Documentaries they have a few newly added ones that are worth watching every once in awhile, but TV shows and Documentaries are what I mainly watch.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
Netflix was never meant to survive on sending DVDs to homes. It wasn't a valuable business model. The people that rent a few DVDs a month are the only way they make money, and most of those people will be content with Redbox. The people that rent continuous DVDs cost money probably. I believe the DVD portion will be phased out.

Netflix streaming is going to have to come a long way for me to want to actually pay for it. I got it free for a month then watched almost all the movies worth seeing... I will probably get another month free next year and watch whatever they added, but I doubt the selection will have changed much. It might even continue to get worse.
Like others have said, I use streaming for TV shows and my son's cartoons.
I use the DVD/Blu-Ray option for movies. I don't see how you could have watched everything worse watching in one month unless you did nothing else during that span.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Netflix scraps its Qwikster plans

**** or get off the pot.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Like others have said, I use streaming for TV shows and my son's cartoons.
I use the DVD/Blu-Ray option for movies. I don't see how you could have watched everything worse watching in one month unless you did nothing else during that span.
Right. They may not have every movie ever but there are plenty movies/TV shows/documentaries and they add new ones every few months. It would take me way longer to go through literally every TV series on there I'm interested in.

Right now I'm streaming Hulu and Netflix, between those 2 I always have something to watch. Both are 6 bucks a month, that's cheaper then going to Wendy's or McDonald's one time. Between those two I will never run out of stuff to watch, having them mail me DVD's was just more of a hassle then anything I used.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

**** or get off the pot.
Seems like Netflix is trolling or are they seriously managed this bad?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

**** or get off the pot.
Glad they realized how stupid that business plan was.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Even if it's a stupid business plan I think backing out makes them look worse than had they just went forward with it. It really makes them look like they don't know what the hell they are doing.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it makes them look like they listen to their customers.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think it makes them look like they listen to their customers.
Well good, hopefully they'll switch back to their old plan system.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else feel like there are no good movies on streaming anymore? I looked through on my xbox and only found like 3 movies I wanted to watch.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Does anyone else feel like there are no good movies on streaming anymore? I looked through on my xbox and only found like 3 movies I wanted to watch.
Have you watched Trollhunter?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They recently added these 2:

Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Foreign martial art flicks ftw

Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
3 new movies you haven't seen? Or just 3 total in general? If it's that low I wouldn't even pay for it lol. I get a good selection between Hulu & Netflix, and for what it doesn't cover if I really want to see it I'll use Zune and buy it.

Movies I want to see that bad I have already on Blu-Ray, Netflix lets me see some older movies I loved and might have had on VHS before but is always fun to go back and see, and their new releases usually has 2-3 I don't mind seeing.

Only downside I've found to buying shows or movies on Zune, is that if you can't connect to the internet you can't watch them. Even though you paid for them. I took my xbox out of town and figured I had a ton of movies saved on my HD, but it wouldn't let me watch any of them.

Now I am curious if when this HBO & Youtube drop next month if it'll be seperate charges for each or included with Xbox Live. I can't imagine why anyone would pay for Youtube which is a free service alone. HBO who knows, but if they put all the Sopranos on I'll pay whatever it is.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand netflix appeal, what does it do that other sites can't do other than charge you to do it that makes it work?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure that the HBO Go is free to as long as you are already subscribed to HBO.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote