Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-17-2011, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default When someone is clearly wrong about something, do you have an urge to correct them?

I was curious as to who actually do this in public. Sometimes there are instances when I feel like I have to act like a know-it-all. I remember watching Transformers 3 in a theater and when Patrick Dempsy came on screen I heard someone whisper to their buddies "Hey it's Alec Baldwin". And I had this urge to tell that person who I don't know right in the theater "That's actually Patrick Dempsy". Obviously I didn't. Even if this wasn't in a theater, I probably wouldn't anyways. For a minute or so it bothered me that he didn't know that piece of pretty much meaningless information.

Yes, stupid I know. And I'm just using this as an example. Could be anything. I was just wondering for those that do hear people clearly wrong about something (you're 100% sure they are wrong) do you feel the urge at times to correct them because they are misinformed about things that really aren't a big deal? Do you believe this is being annoying, or actually an act of being a good samaritan?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-17-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer to keep my know it all-ness to myself in that real world. Unless I'm among friends. Otherwise, I generally hate the responses from the general public.

I've tried correcting people when it comes to sports and it never works out. I dont come across that many knowledgable sports fans in every day life. And some things they say, certainly creates the urge for me to chime in. But I've learned my lesson. Be wary of engaging in sports talk with casual fans.

And please, I dont need to get into arguments explaining why Tranformers 2 is unwatchable trash.

I've worked with some interesting characters over the years. And lets just say our tastes differ greatly. I can be a bit of a movie snob, and I've worked with people who have enjoyed the likes of Vampires Suck. It's easier to not get involved.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gets REALLY bad with sports. You hear some of the dumbest stuff when people act like they know sports. It's tough to listen to some of it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It gets REALLY bad with sports. You hear some of the dumbest stuff when people act like they know sports. It's tough to listen to some of it.
This. This. This.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all had a bonding moment in one of the random discussion threads last year about the sports thing. It's awful. I try to stay out of sports conversations in real life just because of the amount of dumb, incorrect stuff I hear on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm better than everyone else...but some of it is just flat out brutal. People tend to be aggressive or hostile when you don't agree that JD Drew isn't the worst outfielder in baseball or something as such. My girlfriends brother plays a lot of Madden(never actually watches real football, although he says otherwise) during it's peak season and the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just complete facepalm worthy 24/7. I'm trying to remember some of it, but it's hard to remember specifics because there's just so much of it and I've learned to tune it out and kind of go "yeah, that's cool." the entire time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't correct people in a place where it is suppose to be quiet (Theater library etc) but if someone is face palmingly wrong especially if he is arguing with someone else I will tell them about it.

IE "Jimmy Claussen was the worst first round pick ever"
I respond
"Yeah so bad he was taken in the 2nd round"

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the 2010 draft, TT and I had a moment like that. We were at BWW and some fool said something and we just looked at each other. We both knew we wanted to tell the guy to close his trap.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I was curious as to who actually do this in public. Sometimes there are instances when I feel like I have to act like a know-it-all. I remember watching Transformers 3 in a theater and when Patrick Dempsy came on screen I heard someone whisper to their buddies "Hey it's Alec Baldwin". And I had this urge to tell that person who I don't know right in the theater "That's actually Patrick Dempsy". Obviously I didn't. Even if this wasn't in a theater, I probably wouldn't anyways. For a minute or so it bothered me that he didn't know that piece of pretty much meaningless information.

Yes, stupid I know. And I'm just using this as an example. Could be anything. I was just wondering for those that do hear people clearly wrong about something (you're 100% sure they are wrong) do you feel the urge at times to correct them because they are misinformed about things that really aren't a big deal? Do you believe this is being annoying, or actually an act of being a good samaritan?
It's Patrick Dempsey *

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think everyone on this site can't really have a sports conversation with a casual fan.
The reason I'm on this site is bc I can't find people who are into sports like I am so they don't know as much as I do.
Not that I know everything... I just know more than those in my circle.
With that said, I'll correct small things like height or averages but I never get into opinions.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This gets me in trouble, it is like a feeling I can't explain. The urge to correct people who say stupid things is one of my crosses to bear.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I let almost everything go. For example, the other day a friend of mine said that catchers are usually really good hitters. I didn't say anything.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

depends who the person is. if its someone i just met, i usually keep quiet about it. if its someone whos a friend of mine, i make a joke about their mess up

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even my sister said the other day, that it takes no talent to become an MLB catcher.

I just smiled and nodded.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I won't correct people in a place where it is suppose to be quiet (Theater library etc) but if someone is face palmingly wrong especially if he is arguing with someone else I will tell them about it.

IE "Jimmy Claussen was the worst first round pick ever"
I respond
"Yeah so bad he was taken in the 2nd round"
If you say it like that to a random stranger, you would just be a douche.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't correct people I don't know but if I know them then I let them know of their mistakes.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So true with the sports stuff. I was playing Madden with one of my roommates friends once and he was always Arizona. About halfway into the game he said the Jerheme Urban was just as good as Fitz and Boldin but he just didn't get the playing time. It took all the willpower I had not to call him a moron/slap the **** out of him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never talk about Mike Vick with a black person.
/end racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

In General, Forum Moderators are the worse. Not only are they know it all, but they act like supreme beings (angels?) and feel they must keep all us sheep in line.

Nothing wrong with being a know it all and correcting mistakes. I do it all the time, the way I see it, if they have a problem with being corrected, it's their problem not mine.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day I was sitting with a girl at DQ eating ice cream and some high schoolers were talking about this restaurant (one that my dad manages and I used to be employed at) and how it's going to close in a few months, because they even know the owner and they asked him, totally!

I laughed and made fun of them behind their backs.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Never talk about Mike Vick with a black person.
/end racist
Never talk about Michael Vick with the following:
- Dog Lovers
- PETA Activists
- People who suffer from the Latte Effect
- People who watch Oprah
Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Revis Island
Rookie

Revis Island hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Revis Island hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another thread stolen by EricCartman.
Revis Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just put him on the ignore list and don't acknowledge him and it isn't stolen dude.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite was when this one kid told me that the best college team probably could win the superbowl cause of all the team chemistry they have sharing dorms and going to the cafeteria together.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone told me that the Gators could beat the Pats 9 out of 10 times because they had Tebow. He was dead serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Yeah, people get all over that ****. I've had people try and argue that Florida could beat the Lions.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: