Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
We get this elderly lady that comes into the store and buys discounted concrete bags all the time. We normally sale them for a generous discount if the bag is cut/damaged etc. The other day we caught her in the concrete aisle cutting bags with a knife. One thing I don't understand though is why this old lady needs so much concrete. She has easily bought at least 3 damaged bags every day for 6 years.
What did she say when you caught her?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
We get this elderly lady that comes into the store and buys discounted concrete bags all the time. We normally sale them for a generous discount if the bag is cut/damaged etc. The other day we caught her in the concrete aisle cutting bags with a knife. One thing I don't understand though is why this old lady needs so much concrete. She has easily bought at least 3 damaged bags every day for 6 years.
Serial Killer...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About to go to work now because I get a call in the morning saying I was supposed to be working...even though my name wasn't on the schedule when I checked it in my usual department, but rather it was only on another part of the schedule where I work 1% of the time. Is it really too much to ask to put all of the locations where I may have to work on one part of the schedule? God I can't wait to quit this piece of **** job.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to cover the dead bodies?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just recently got hired to work at Lids....its cool actually

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What did she say when you caught her?
She just spoke a bunch of Russian words and no one understood a word she said. She still comes in to buy more concrete every day...we just watch her now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Serial Killer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
to cover the dead bodies?
Seriously this is the only answer that would make any sense. Unless she is some kinda Cynthia Plaster Caster with concrete...which if thats the case I am hoping for serial killer.

There is only 1 real upside to retail...the stories. You get to see some of the most interesting people in the world while in retail...you hear every story and every joke used 1 million times. You get to see people come into a Hardware store barefooted, people bring their dogs around poisonous chemicals. There are the people who return things that are clearly stolen but have a story where their grandfather passed away 2 days ago and they were cleaning out his garage and found an unused role of 100ft wire thats almost 200 bucks. Seriously who is going to believe that anyone in their right mind goes through a loved ones garage 2 days after they died and go "I should immediately return this to "enter store name here" rather than grieve." Or those crazy individuals who have a picture of a coupon they got while doing Image search on Google and expect it to be honored where ever they go. "yea sure I will take that 50% off coupon you clearly photoshopped!!!" and then when you don't take it they huff and puff and get on their cellphone, with a line behind them, so they can search for another coupon on the internet that you are going to reject.

Oh, but my most favorite person in the whole wide world is the person that think there is a magical "back" to every store. These are the people that clearly have never worked retail...as they always reply to you after you looked up and down the shelf and in the overhead...."Do you have it in the back?" Now I understand some stores have a "back"...they are far and few between...they are rare but when they have a "back" its usually a receiving department that is a total wreck and there is no order to it. So you look at this person who clearly thinks that there is a magical place where their items are, despite the fact you looked at the computer inventory and have 0 or even 1 or 2 but you know if there are 1 or 2 that there is really only zero because it was stolen by the same guy who's mother died last week and father died the week before and well his sister died the month before that (has been a tough year for that guy, which is why he has had to return 60 circuit breakers, 25 door knobs and 500 ft of copper wire that he has found inside all their garages)...anyhow you even have this swanky super phone thing that lets you check inventory and shipment information and even let you order it right in front of the customer...you show them you don't have any in stock and it will be shipped in a week...still there must be something in the "back" or maybe the shipment is in already....the shipment you just put in yesterday and is no way in...so you have to check anyway. bAHHHHH!

lol retail is great and everyone should work it at least once!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made $92 last night in tips delivering pizzas. Have to work 35 hours wife our main driver is going on vacation. Plus I have school starting on wednesday. Should be fun!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold View Post
I just recently got hired to work at Lids....its cool actually
I would buy a **** ton of hats probably. I assume that you get a pretty solid discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I worked 2 retail jobs, straight wage was brutal. I'm sorry when i was 17 and getting paid min wage... i don't have the energy or desire to deal with being yelled at because we don't have your size!

Commission wasn't bad because you had a reason to care i found. I still don't miss dealing with customers at all!

That is why i chose a career where the people are usually VERY happy to see me.

But seriously waiters have it WAY worse...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
I worked 2 retail jobs, straight wage was brutal. I'm sorry when i was 17 and getting paid min wage... i don't have the energy or desire to deal with being yelled at because we don't have your size!

Commission wasn't bad because you had a reason to care i found. I still don't miss dealing with customers at all!

That is why i chose a career where the people are usually VERY happy to see me. But seriously waiters have it WAY worse...
Prostitution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post

That is why i chose a career where the people are usually VERY happy to see me.

But seriously waiters have it WAY worse...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Prostitution?
Fire Fighter and rescue standby, though.... i'd get paid more than those two jobs combined if i took your suggestion lol

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Retail is really ok. I've been working in it for 5 years, and have held other kinds of jobs during that time period, but my retail job was by far the easiest/best. What is far worse was when I worked in a shipping warehouse.

Not only did I need to get up at 5 in the morning in order to get to work for 6 (which was a b**** on Saturdays because I was hungover from drinking the night before, but the building wasn't enclosed so during the winter time in Connecticut it was essentially 0 degrees outside. Not to mention that everything in shipping is now automated, so your supervisors can tell exactly how much work you've been doing, and even if you're working hard there are rediculous production standards that are impossible to meet. Supervisor: "You're only moving 28 handling units an hour when you're supposed to be moving 30!". Not to mention the people who accept packages to ship don't give a f*** about the condition they're in. "I'll just put 1 layer of shrink wrap around 1000 ink cartridges, what's the worst that could happen?". Not to mention if you get into a group of more than 2 people in the break room, somebody freaks out that you're trying to unionize.

I also worked trying to get endowment money for my school by essentially telemarketing people. I could not attempt to count how many times I was told to go f*** myself, or the person told me to fellate them.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I would buy a **** ton of hats probably. I assume that you get a pretty solid discount.
40% off, but its only a certain amount of it you can get a month

I Bleed Black and Gold
Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to really hate my job. I work at a local pizza place where we hand-make pizza and other food. Today, my boss told me to stop actually thinking about what I'm doing, to stop making my pizzas look so nice, and micromanaged the hell out of everything else, all while putting me with a girl who was assigned to work the oven, despite having little experience with it, and girl who is supposedly trained but is slow/doesn't know what she's doing/messes things up.

He'll make remarks like, "If you need to ask me, then I might as well not have you here." That's cool with me. I make minimum wage. You pay me a cent less, and you're breaking the law. And I'm the only employee you have that is willing to shift his schedule around, including school, in order for you to have someone to work the days while the umpteen high school girls you hire 'cause you like to look at them are at school. You're my boss, and during these times, you're also my shift manager. You're really going to go the condescension route because I asked you about the stuff that you yourself started cooking before I clocked in? **** off. I worked for 40 minutes after my scheduled shift today because those two girls couldn't handle the load, and you were out front on the patio with your damn feet put up when you're supposed to be taking the place of a worker and be inside helping. Then you come in here and tell me to hurry up and that I'm slow at everything? Yeah, I'm not the best, and you as the owner have the right to expect the very best, but I swear if he utters the words, "Good job, Thomas. I appreciate ya," I'll probably go into shock.

The ******** thing about this is...it's ******* pizza. You have to go out of your way to be a nazi over pizza making and make this job stressful, and my ego is taking a massive hit to think I'm somehow not competant enough for food service.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know where the **** you people have worked at but ive worked retail and waited tables and the notion that waiting is "so" much worse is absurd, its way more money in less hours and is ez to advance, im doin the fine dining ******** now and work 6.5-7 hours a shift(no doubles we only do dinner) and make $20 an hour on a slow/crappy night and $25-$35 or more on a decent night and even more if **** is crazy...?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your boss sounds like a total douche-bag.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm starting to really hate my job. I work at a local pizza place where we hand-make pizza and other food. Today, my boss told me to stop actually thinking about what I'm doing, to stop making my pizzas look so nice, and micromanaged the hell out of everything else, all while putting me with a girl who was assigned to work the oven, despite having little experience with it, and girl who is supposedly trained but is slow/doesn't know what she's doing/messes things up.

He'll make remarks like, "If you need to ask me, then I might as well not have you here." That's cool with me. I make minimum wage. You pay me a cent less, and you're breaking the law. And I'm the only employee you have that is willing to shift his schedule around, including school, in order for you to have someone to work the days while the umpteen high school girls you hire 'cause you like to look at them are at school. You're my boss, and during these times, you're also my shift manager. You're really going to go the condescension route because I asked you about the stuff that you yourself started cooking before I clocked in? **** off. I worked for 40 minutes after my scheduled shift today because those two girls couldn't handle the load, and you were out front on the patio with your damn feet put up when you're supposed to be taking the place of a worker and be inside helping. Then you come in here and tell me to hurry up and that I'm slow at everything? Yeah, I'm not the best, and you as the owner have the right to expect the very best, but I swear if he utters the words, "Good job, Thomas. I appreciate ya," I'll probably go into shock.

The ******** thing about this is...it's ******* pizza. You have to go out of your way to be a nazi over pizza making and make this job stressful, and my ego is taking a massive hit to think I'm somehow not competant enough for food service.
I think next time he criticizes you, you need to slam down the pizza you're holding and point to your eyes while yelling, "**** this! Do you see these eyes?!?!?! I could be a model!" And then walk away and toss your hair in the wind while you run your hands through your precious, curly locks.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

You need to quit that job and/or find another one.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a gruff, middle-aged, ex-marine that has operated food service restaurants his entire life, and he lacks anything that could be construed as a people-skill. And the thing is, I'm ok with that. I know I'm lucky to have a job and a way to pay for tuition, and I'm perfectly fine with being criticized. I want to know if I'm not doing something right. But it is a constant badgering to the point that I'm becoming hesitant when I'm doing something because I know he'll find some flaw in it. And he'll say things like, "Remember your training. Don't think or ask questions - just do what you're trained to do." Just so you guys know, the girl who trained me was fired two weeks ago because she was terrible at it. I've been there since late March, and it wasn't til the end of last month that they "trained" me to answer phones and take orders. Yes, they required training for that, and if you weren't trained on something, then you best as hell not do it. So a lot of the ways I've been trained are either wrong or he's since changed them.

So he's literally sniping me with criticism because I'm not doing things the proper way, such as setting the cornmeal tray's lid face up instead of face down on our clean prep table, or not stacking dough trays that are set out front in the proper biggest-on-top-to-smallest-on-bottom order. Or the time I called the towels we use to clean "dish wrags" instead of "dish towels," which is the proper term and necessitated correction. "Wrags are cheap," is his reasoning. THEY LEAVE LINT EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE CHEAP! We have nice microfiber towels that work great at cleaning, but we're only supposed to use those to clean the tables and things the customers see. Just insignificant, miniscule things like that, many of which I've never been taught, and he's talking to me like I'm lazy, a dumbass, or ignorant. So while I'm not trained on every little minutia of protocol, I'm still scolded if I stop to think about what the **** I need to do, all the while I'm not supposed to be asking him anything.

I dunno what's going to happen. He's losing two crew leaders, one of which is going out of town for college and the other who is leaving for a different job, and he's losing the best oven worker we have since he's leaving town for school too (he'd be a crew leader if he didn't only work during the summer). Plus, his son used to work, and he was a capable worker too. Not to mention, the trainer was fired too, and while she was a crappy trainer, she know how to do her job. And the day worker, who's been there forever, also moved on to an actual job. That's 6 of our best workers, and he's now having to bumrush to fill the void by hiring high school kids who have absolutely no prior experience at all. Plus, he's having to promote current workers who are still here to crew leader spots, and one of them is the girl who couldn't even work the oven. His prospects are dim.

And trust me, I'm not trying to deny personal responsibility. I do make mistakes, and I deserve the criticism most of the time. And the odd thing is I think he truly cares about his employees, and he's given me a lot of grace and has been patient with me on a few things. I think he's just got a sour, stubborn, and ignorant personality, and that he's not really a douchebag - at least not trying to be one. And I'm thankful for those positive things from him, and I've tried to repay that respect back to him by working my ass of to prove he made a great decision to hire me, but I don't think it's unreasonable to feel like I still retain the right to be treated like an adult rather than a mindless pizza drone.

Oh yeah, and I'm serious about the high school girls thing. We've had girls quit because he likes to put his arm around them and hug them. He plays it off like he's doing a father/daughter type deal and saying he's being supportive, but it's creeping them out. It was one of the first things the ex-trainer said to me when I was interviewed: He prefers girl workers, he's a bit too touchy-feely, and frankly, he doesn't like guy workers.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I almost assaulted a customer today.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 AM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

Quote:
I almost assaulted a customer today.
gone on....

I Bleed Black and Gold
Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold View Post
gone on....
I'm assuming you mean "go on...."

Well there isn't that much to tell. I was helping someone outfit hiking shoes, this guy walks over interrupts my conversation and asks for a shoe horn. I told him I'd get it for him in a second, he then attempts to proceed to the back room that clearly has a sign that says "Employee Area" on it. I stop what I'm doing because this asshole (guy is like 50 by the way) can't wait two seconds. I get him the shoe horn. After I'm done helping the person I was first assisting, I go over and try to help the gentlemen.

I can already tell by the start of the conversation this guy is an asshole and he's going to highly question or doubt whatever I tell him (why do people even ask questions if they feel like they are being deceived highly). I tell him some information he wants to know which I have to say several times again because he either doubts it or seems like he's trying to catch me in some sort of lie...and asks me if I even "hike". I say "yes". A brief moment pauses that is pretty much a staredown and he looks me up an down in a doubting fashion. And that moment is the time when I practically snapped and thought about starting something that probably would have cost me my job (although I would find out later other workers around me who had helped him previously find him obnoxious). I already pictured myself assaulting the person.

Basically I just put up with it, helped him and someone else. Although in retrospect I'd like to see the scenario where I did start some ****. Unfortunately I'm a really nice person and that can get in the way of things like this sometimes. That is one thing I regret about my persona. Not saying I want to be mean, but I do need to cut out being so nice all the time. I think my company would have had my back too because even though I had retail, this store is one of the better facilities to work and the staff does had a good chemistry going on.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-17-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean "go on...."

Well there isn't that much to tell. I was helping someone outfit hiking shoes, this guy walks over interrupts my conversation and asks for a shoe horn. I told him I'd get it for him in a second, he then attempts to proceed to the back room that clearly has a sign that says "Employee Area" on it. I stop what I'm doing because this asshole (guy is like 50 by the way) can't wait two seconds. I get him the shoe horn. After I'm done helping the person I was first assisting, I go over and try to help the gentlemen.

I can already tell by the start of the conversation this guy is an asshole and he's going to highly question or doubt whatever I tell him (why do people even ask questions if they feel like they are being deceived highly). I tell him some information he wants to know which I have to say several times again because he either doubts it or seems like he's trying to catch me in some sort of lie...and asks me if I even "hike". I say "yes". A brief moment pauses that is pretty much a staredown and he looks me up an down in a doubting fashion. And that moment is the time when I practically snapped and thought about starting something that probably would have cost me my job (although I would find out later other workers around me who had helped him previously find him obnoxious). I already pictured myself assaulting the person.

Basically I just put up with it, helped him and someone else. Although in retrospect I'd like to see the scenario where I did start some ****. Unfortunately I'm a really nice person and that can get in the way of things like this sometimes. That is one thing I regret about my persona. Not saying I want to be mean, but I do need to cut out being so nice all the time. I think my company would have had my back too because even though I had retail, this store is one of the better facilities to work and the staff does had a good chemistry going on.
Similar happened to me with some ***** lady. Was at the services desk using a computer to help find a product for a customer at another store(we dont carry it), and this woman walks up and begins asking me questions. I turned to her and told her it would be just a moment. She made a noise and crossed her arms. I finished up with my one customer and turned to her. She made a pissed off noise and then began to complain but finally asked her question about an air condition unit. I told her that we don't carry Central Air units in our store and she yelled "Thats not what I asked" She then asked again "Where can I find the section with the Central Air Units?" Once again I replied "We do not carry them in the store but..." "THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED!"

"mam, we do not carry them in the store but you can call this number XXX-XXX-XXXX and you can order through them"

One more time she screamed "thats not what I asked" and stormed out.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend was working at Inn-and-out when this old person comes up and goes, "hi, I would like a Cheeseburger without cheese or lettuce" My friend responds "so... you want a hamburger?" Customer angrily responds "NO! I WANT A CHEESEBURGER WITH NO CHEESE AND NO LETTUCE!"
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While working with crazy people in retail and sales jobs does suck, most contractors here will agree with me that having a bad client sucks even worse.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote