Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone read yahoo fantasy recaps from your games?

Pretty entertaining.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bout to pick up Cleveland's Defense. Never in my life would I think I'd do that.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Anyone read yahoo fantasy recaps from your games?

Pretty entertaining.
Where do you read it?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to pick up a TE. My guys I've got currently are Jermaine Gresham and Coby Fleener.

Current FA's are:
Heath Miller
Scott Chandler
Dennis Pitta
Dante Rosario

Thoughts?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Is there any reason to hold onto David Wilson?
Depends on the roster size. 14 players - probably not. More than that and you have to consider the upside vs. the player you may add. Wilson is in the doghouse but he did secure the #2 spot on the roster. He's not going to sit for the season and Bradshaw is clearly a big injury threat. He's also looking slower every time he returns from getting nicked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I need to pick up a TE. My guys I've got currently are Jermaine Gresham and Coby Fleener.

Current FA's are:
Heath Miller
Scott Chandler
Dennis Pitta
Dante Rosario

Thoughts?
Pitta shouldn't be on any waiver wires at this point. The Ravens are going to throw and Flacco is targeting him a ton. I'd rather have him than Gresham. I'd probably take Miller over Gresham, too, tbh.

Chandler is bye week filler. Rosario is a pass. Gates is expected to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
12 team, non ppr league

I was offered Lance Moore for Kyle Rudolph

qb: cam newton, alex smith
rb: demarco murray, darren sproles, peyton hillis
wr: jeremy maclin, marquis colston, torrey smith, brandon lafell, sydney rice, donnie avery, julian edelman, stephen hill
te: jermichael finley, greg olsen, kyle rudolph
d: nyj

I doubt I'll ever start rudolph over finley or even in the flex spot, but I really dont need another boom or bust depth receiver. I guess handcuffing colston in case of injury wouldn't be the worst idea tho
Carrying Moore in this situation makes a lot more sense than a 3rd TE.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Carrying Moore in this situation makes a lot more sense than a 3rd TE.
Yeah. He has a couple depth RBs that Im trying to get, but it looks like I'll accept this deal and just have a lock jam of average receivers
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BGSUsteelers
Rookie

BGSUsteelers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Fantasy Advice

Currently 2-0 in a PPR league (0.5 points per reception) and I'm thinking of making a couple of moves. My team right now is,

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Joe Flacco
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Reggie Bush
RB: C.J. Spiller
RB: Donald Brown
RB: Jacquizz Rodgers
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Stephen Hill
WR: Randy Moss
TE: Rob Gronkowski
TE: Jacob Tamme
K: Jason Hanson
DST: New England

I drafted all of those guys except Hill. I dropped Meachum after for him last week. With Forte injured, I'm pretty thin at RB even though I have the top two fantasy options. I've already given up hope on Rodgers, and here is what's avilable,

Pierre Thomas
Mark Ingram - Dropped last week
Andre Brown
Dexter McCluster
Jonathan Dwyer

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Thomas, Ingram, or Brown. However, I'm last on waivers at the moment, but I think I should be able to get one of those three.

Also, I want to dump Randy Moss. I took him with my second to last pick as a low risk/high reward. Even with his good week 1 performance, he hasn't looked good. The WR's that are available are,

Donnie Avery
Brandon LaFell
Andrew Hawkins
Brandon Gibson
Brian Hartline

Obviously I hope I never have to use any of these guys that I pick up besides on a bye week, but you never know. I've been pretty lucky with how my team has turned out i.e., Spiller, Bush and Wayne. I honestly didn't expect those three to be doing this well. But with Forte out, I don't think I can afford another injury to either position.
BGSUsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd dump Moss for Lafell, Hawkins if LaFell is gone.

I'd dump Hill for Thomas/Ingram to give you RB depth and upside.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

We need more of you and your 30 fantasy teams!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Where do you read it?
Look on the right side of the front page where all the matchups are. There's a '
Recap' link for each matchup.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Where do you read it?
when you go to your league to check score and standings it says recap under final.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Agreed. Ingram vs. Thomas looks like it'll be a year long time-share/hot hand type of choice.

Lafell really shouldn't be on the wire at all. I like Avery next, simply because I don't think Collie lasts even if he makes it back on the field.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BGSUsteelers
Rookie

BGSUsteelers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If you had to pick Ingram or Thomas, which one would you want?
BGSUsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSUsteelers View Post
If you had to pick Ingram or Thomas, which one would you want?
Bleh. Ingram, I guess, since he is consistently getting more carries and the goal line work.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo Turner didn't even have himself a good game and now he's been charged with a DUI. Sell low?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I don't recall Turner ever having any legal trouble so he's not likely to face a suspension. His value is about what it's been for the last year and a half, give or take, and that's plodding for touchdowns.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think.

Dynasty League.
Standard Settings.

I give up: Jimmy Graham, Jeremy Maclin

I get: Calvin Johnson, Kyle Rudolph, Justin Blackmon
Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Offer (PPR League)

Team A gets: Rob Gronkowski TE, Doug Martin RB

Team B gets: Jamaal Charles RB, Danny Amendola WR

which team?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Trade Offer (PPR League)

which team?
Serious question?

I would take team A in a heart beat.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
What do you guys think.

Dynasty League.
Standard Settings.

I give up: Jimmy Graham, Jeremy Maclin

I get: Calvin Johnson, Kyle Rudolph, Justin Blackmon
That's a pretty solid deal. Maclin is getting dinged up more than you like to see. Obviously giving up Graham is rough, but he's a WR more than a TE and he will certainly be less likely to dominate once Brees is done. You're getting 3 very talented players with young QBs they can grow with over the next decade and giving up two guys with older QBs. (To be fair, though, Foles looks like he is a legit talent.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Trade Offer (PPR League)

which team?
Selling super high on Amendola. I like the Gronk / Martin side of this deal much better and wouldn't give those two up for Charles & Amendola.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

benching AD against the 9ers defense. Good or bad idea? I can put mcgahe in his spot and put either lafell, holmes, or garcon in my flex spot.

Also, should I start McGahee against the Texans defense on a short week?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.

Last edited by vikes_28 : 09-18-2012 at 03:47 PM.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
benching AD against the 9ers defense. Good or bad idea? I can put mcgahe in his spot and put either lafell, holmes, or garcon in my flex spot.

Also, should I start McGahee against the Texans defense on a short week?
Great idea. Have to put LaFell in the flex also. Smith could be banged up, and that NYG secondary is balls.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is definitely a high risk/ high reward move. +rep for you Docta if it works out.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'd rather play McGahee vs Houston than Peterson vs San Fran.

Definitely play LaFell. Play any WR facing the Giants until they get some players back or the guys playing figure out how to cover.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Yeah, the thing that sucks is i don't have a whole hell of a lot of options at RB at this point. I've got McGahee, Lynch, and Peterson. All 3 are performers for sure, but there is absolutely no one else in free agency. I am waiting for waivers to go through to see if I can pick up Richardson from STL as a back up.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.