Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are deleting two old teams, and adding two new ones in their place. So instead of a keeper, they get to pick in the keeper round which essentially gives them #1 and #2 overall from the available players, and there will be good players available since we're only doing one keeper, and not every team probably has a great keeper. There will at least be Charles, Vick, and Aaron Rodgers that I know of without looking at all.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ended up taking Chris Johnson at the 4 spot like I expected but was really pleasantly surprised with some of the other players that fell so I'm much more comfortable than I thought I would be if he ends up missing a couple games.

Standard lineups and .5 ppr

QB - Rivers / Eli
RB - Chris Johnson / Forte / DWill / Ryan Mathews / Lynch / Tolbert
WR - Nicks / Miles Austin / Stevie J / Lance Moore / Roy Williams
TE - Jimmy Graham

Roy Williams was my last round flyer. Probably will be gone by week 2-3 for a waiver pickup. Pretty excited about this lineup.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
We are deleting two old teams, and adding two new ones in their place. So instead of a keeper, they get to pick in the keeper round which essentially gives them #1 and #2 overall from the available players, and there will be good players available since we're only doing one keeper, and not every team probably has a great keeper. There will at least be Charles, Vick, and Aaron Rodgers that I know of without looking at all.
Were there really no options worth keeping from the previous rosters? It seems like the best buy-in is simply to let them choose a keeper, especially if they have the 1st & 2nd overall picks, respectively.

I guess I'm not sure why you're doing it the way you are. Either way, giving each team 2 picks before anyone else seems like a bad idea.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question Advice, Please!

I'm looking at my probably options with my 11/12 turn in a keeper league. I'm dreaming of a scenario where Fitz makes it to me, but I like my options either way. The tough choice is between Gore / SJax / Forte, I think.

.5 ppr, 2RB / 2WR / 1w/r

Rank those three, plus Bradshaw if you think he's a better option. I'm likely taking 2 of them.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Were there really no options worth keeping from the previous rosters? It seems like the best buy-in is simply to let them choose a keeper, especially if they have the 1st & 2nd overall picks, respectively.

I guess I'm not sure why you're doing it the way you are. Either way, giving each team 2 picks before anyone else seems like a bad idea.
The way I looked at it, is I could have given them the old teams, and they could have had keepers, but those teams picked #1 and #4 anyway, so not a huge difference. I decided to just give them new teams because it seemed more correct than giving them teams they did not start. So you think I should give them picks 11 and 12 then? (Which would give them 1, 2, 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.)
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

With only 1 keeper per team it would be bad for balance to give an extra pick super early. Maybe an extra pick at the beginning of round 4?

It would have been easier on you to offer them a keeper off the roster or an extra pick to start round 4 (or whatever you chose) and let them decide.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you have open waivers right now grab ben tate asap. foster out 3-4 weeks.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
if you have open waivers right now grab ben tate asap. foster out 3-4 weeks.
not sure . . . tweets are flying but it doesn't sound like this is true. Foster tweeted:

"If I had a "significant injury" why post it? I'll be fine, it was jus meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays."

and there's no way in hell he'd post the MRI for people to look at if it showed a tear. Some armchair QB went all armchair MD on the tweet calling it a tear.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ended up taking Chris Johnson at the 4 spot like I expected but was really pleasantly surprised with some of the other players that fell so I'm much more comfortable than I thought I would be if he ends up missing a couple games.

Standard lineups and .5 ppr

QB - Rivers / Eli
RB - Chris Johnson / Forte / DWill / Ryan Mathews / Lynch / Tolbert
WR - Nicks / Miles Austin / Stevie J / Lance Moore / Roy Williams
TE - Jimmy Graham

Roy Williams was my last round flyer. Probably will be gone by week 2-3 for a waiver pickup. Pretty excited about this lineup.
I wish I played with people who could let me get away with lineups like this. Rivers, CJ2K, Nicks and Austin is unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
not sure . . . tweets are flying but it doesn't sound like this is true. Foster tweeted:

"If I had a "significant injury" why post it? I'll be fine, it was jus meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays."

and there's no way in hell he'd post the MRI for people to look at if it showed a tear. Some armchair QB went all armchair MD on the tweet calling it a tear.
Even worse than I thought - the armchair QB was John "M-Kay" Clayton and then it was corroborated by ESPN's favorite Dr.

The whole thing screams of ESPN BS story generation.

Journalism is dead.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm looking at my options with my 11/12 turn in a keeper league. I'm dreaming of a scenario where Fitz makes it to me, but I like my options either way. The tough choice is between Gore / SJax / Forte, I think.

.5 ppr, 2RB / 2WR / 1w/r

Rank those three, plus Bradshaw if you think he's a better option. I'm likely taking 2 of them.
Also

BUMP FOR ADVICE!

lol

Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also

BUMP FOR ADVICE!

lol
Sorry Elvis, I'll give it a shot. I'd take Bradshaw and S-Jax of those four. Brandon Jacobs did look good in the preseason, but I have to imagine that Bradshaw will still get about 70% of the carries in NY. He's just a more dynamic back and he'll get his receptions as well. S-Jax's YPC was terrible last year and he still put up decent numbers. I don't think he'll see nearly as many third down looks as he did before Cadillac came to town, but I expect his TD numbers to jump (McDaniels actually likes to run in the red zone, check the stats) and you can expect his receptions to go up in McD's system from last year. I've never been a big Gore believer and I'm not crazy about Forte or the Bears offensive line, which might be the worst in the entire league.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Cool, thanks. I know I can get bullheaded on guys and want to make sure I'm not missing something on Gore. So he's definitely out.

That's an excellent point on SJax & McD's rushing at the goal line. I hadn't thought of that. I still like SJax and would love to get him and Fitz - which is quite possible.

Forte is a bit of a wildcard, as he scored 20 points more than SJax last year in this league, is less likely to hit the age/mileage wall that SJax is heading for, and has the same situation as last year (same bad oline and no competition for touches) so he should be able to repeat.

Maybe Fitz will be gone and my choice will be an easier one w/SJax and Forte back-to-back.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also

BUMP FOR ADVICE!

lol
in .5 ppr i think forte is easily the best choice. beyond him, bradshaw and sjax, followed by gore
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
in .5 ppr i think forte is easily the best choice. beyond him, bradshaw and sjax, followed by gore
Thanks. It's tough for me, as I know Forte has the advantage of youth on his side. But it flies in the face of my SJax mancrush. :(

Old 08-31-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait should I take Ward or Tate in Houston? I know Foster isn't out forever but grabbing his back up could be good move. Ward is the #2 right now, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Wait should I take Ward or Tate in Houston? I know Foster isn't out forever but grabbing his back up could be good move. Ward is the #2 right now, but I'm not sure.
Unsettled still, but I'd go for Tate. The only way we'll know is if Foster misses time, at which point I expect a full-on RBBC with the dreaded "Hot Hand" approach.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com league, 10 teams.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST.
PPR, 6 pts. for all TD's.

MY DRAFT

1st Round Pick 8 - RB - Darren McFadden - OAK
2nd Round Pick 13 - WR - Roddy White - ATL
3rd Round Pick 28 - RB - Felix Jones - DAL
4th Round Pick 33 - RB - Javid Best - DET
5th Round Pick 48 - TE - Dallas Clark - IND
6th Round Pick 53 - WR - Setvie Johnson - BUF
7th Round Pick 68 - RB - Chris "Beanie" Wells - ARZ
8th Round Pick 73 - QB - Matthew Stafford - DET
9th Round Pick 88 - RB - Reggie Bush - MIA
10th Round Pick 93 - TE - Aaron Hernandez - NE
11th Round Pick 108 - RB - James Starks - GB
12th Round Pick 113 - QB - Sam Bradford - STL
13th Round Pick 128 - WR - Danny Amendola - STL
14th Round Pick 133 - RB - Danny Woodhead - NE
15th Round Pick 148 - TE - Lance Kendricks - STL
16th Round Pick 153 - WR - Nate Burleson - DET
17th Round Pick 168 - WR - Devon Bess - MIA
18th Round Pick 173 - TE - Jared Cook - TEN
19th Round Pick 188 - RB - Delone Carter - IND
20th Round Pick 193 - WR - Emmanuel Sanders - PIT
21st Round Pick 208 - K - Jason Hanson - DET
22nd Round Pick 213 - DEF/ST - San Francisco 49ers
23rd Round Pick 228 - WR - Denarius Moore - OAK

Thoughts?????? Like it????Hate it???Hate me???Hate your kids????

Only took 2 QBs was going to take another one late but didnt.Super deep at RB value was there at every pick. Bit slim at WR but took some guys late that could really come on the 2nd half of the year, Sanders, Moore. TEs have some good depth. I love Hernandez think he will be a top 10 TE this year. I always have 1 K and 1 DEF and try and play matchups with the DEF.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Cook in the 18th round in a league with an extra TE spot? And as your 4th tight end taken? Sure, why not.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR a little weak but good overall

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, let me have it....here is my team. Drafted 3rd, 10 team league.

QB: Drew Brees, Matt Stafford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Ryan Grant, Mike Tolbert, Brandon Jacobs
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Dez Bryant, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams (SEA), Mark Clayton
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: Green Bay, Houston
D: Lawrence Timmons

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could certainly use a better 3rd RB & Pettigrew isn't ideal for a starter in a 10 team league, WR starters are great(assuming its 3) and QB is obv top notch

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

I agree with Fenikz. With Pettigrew as your starter you need to pickup another TE to rotate probably. At RB you don't have depth but you probably don't need it either with those two starters. You probably reached on the Packers defense when you should have gone with a better tight end.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Draft today in my big money keeper league. Right now, keepers are Ray Rice, Mike Turner, Desean Jackson and Matt Stafford. Just traded for Jahvid Best as well. I've got the #3 overall pick but my second rounder went in the Best deal. Starts are QB/QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/OP/K/DST

Some situations I'm debating:

Pick 3: Value is either in Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe or Steven Jackson. I'm leaning towards a QB since it's possible to start 3 in this league and I only have Stafford, but Miles Austin is pretty tempting with Romo healthy.

Pick 28 (3rd Round): Assuming I go QB at pick 1, I'll most likely have my choice of Santonio Holmes, Anquan Boldin and Marques Colston in the third round as my WR2. Where do I go with it?
Quote:
Old 09-01-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with Fenikz. With Pettigrew as your starter you need to pickup another TE to rotate probably. At RB you don't have depth but you probably don't need it either with those two starters. You probably reached on the Packers defense when you should have gone with a better tight end.
I took Green Bay in the 9th round, the next TE taken was by me, Pettigrew in the 13th. Zach Miller is available, should I go with him and Pettigrew?

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote