Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jackson is a definite improvement over DHB. As long as it's not ppr, I'd be ok with it. It's worth shopping Sproles, first, to make sure that's the best deal.
It's a .5 PPR. Sproles is the 8th highest scoring RB. I've gotten offered Wallace for him and could probably get VJax like I stated. I'm just not sure if I really want to part with him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It's a .5 PPR. Sproles is the 8th highest scoring RB. I've gotten offered Wallace for him and could probably get VJax like I stated. I'm just not sure if I really want to part with him
I'm not a huge fan of trading RB early in the season. I'd stick with Sproles and work the wire for WR depth. (Avery / Hartline / Gibson)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What do you guys think I could fetch packaging Leshoure and Fitzgerald? need a RB or TE.
Wait a week. LeShoure has no name recognition and no real value. The OC has already said he'll be heavily involved. I wouldn't sell him now, as he may be the answer to your RB need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Anybody think Kellen Winslow can produce for the patriots?
Sure. The bigger question is whether or not they'll use him vs. going more 3 wide like they did last week once Aaron went down. As someone else mentioned, he's a good add if you have room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Who Do I start this week?

PICK 3

AJ Green @Washington
Torrey Smith vs New England
Larry Fitzgerald vs Philadelphia
Brandon Lafell vs Giants
Kevin Ogletree vs Tampa Bay
Green, Fitz and Lafell. Pats D has been good and Torrey has been underwhelming.

Dropping Titus depends on who you'd add.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
16 team, PPR league where you can start 2 QB's if you want to (defensive scoring is 1 ppt, 1 for pd, 2 for ff/fr, 3 for int, 3 for sacks) who wins?

Team A gets:
Dennis Pitta
John Skelton
Curtis Lofton

Team B gets:
Mark Sanchez
Justin Durant
There has to be some concern with Lofton's playing time now that Vilma's suspension is lifted. With Kolb potentially holding onto the QB spot in Arizona, I'd say B is getting the better end of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Drop Cook for Rudolph?

yay or nay

and

Denarius Moore for Daryl Richardson?

RB McFadden, Charles, Spiller, Mathews, Hillis, F Jackson
WR Megatron, Cruz, Colston, T Smith

QB RB RB WR WR WR W/R/T - Non PPR
Yes. They're simliar, but I'd bank on the history of ND TEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pick 2 WRs:

Fitz vs Philly
Harvin vs San Fran
DJax vs AZ
Lance Moore vs KC

Pick 1 flex:

Any of the left over WRs
McCluster vs NO
DWill vs NYG
Alfred Morris vs Cincy
Jon Dwyer vs Oakland

1 point PPR
Harvin and Fitz. Gotta give Larry the shot, as I just can't see him getting a low output again. NE always gameplans taking away the best player and that's clearly Fitz.

Then I'd roll with Morris in a nice matchup.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
this was accepted this morning. I got Sanchez... now I need a quick answer to this next one. will +rep any who help

Brandon LaFell vs NYG
or
Mark Sanchez vs MIA

and if you pick LaFell in that one...

Mark Sanchez vs MIA
or
Matt Schaub vs DEN

ppr, qb's get huge bonuses for high yardage totals and long td's
LaFell is a must start.

Then I'd go Schaub. Miami has the better pass D and Denver the better run D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So you guys say start Lafell over Avery in the slot?
LaFell over anyone except uberstuds this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I can trade Philip Rivers and Steven Jackson for either Doug Martin or Darren Sproles. Who do I pick? (My RBs suck, thanks Fred Jackson and Jamaal Charles, but I have Rodgers.)

Pick two:

Julio Jones @SD
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Marques Colston vs. KC
Torrey Smith ve. NE
Stephen Hill @ MIA
Sproles. The Saints D is bad and they'll have the gas pedal to the floor at all times.

Jones and LaFell.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I can trade Philip Rivers and Steven Jackson for either Doug Martin or Darren Sproles. Who do I pick? (My RBs suck, thanks Fred Jackson and Jamaal Charles, but I have Rodgers.)

Pick two:

Julio Jones @SD
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Marques Colston vs. KC
Torrey Smith ve. NE
Stephen Hill @ MIA
Jones and Colston easily. Colston will have a 2 TD game.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My trade went through... who do I drop.

Gresham, R.Williams or D.Wilson?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
My trade went through... who do I drop.

Gresham, R.Williams or D.Wilson?
Gresham. There's decent (better) TEs already on the wire. RBs are gold.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default Bench Peterson?

Peterson vs. San Francisco . . . do I bench him?

I would be starting Donald Brown and Andre Brown (I have Bradshaw, too) and they both have very nice matchups.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I trade Chris Johnson, Tony Romo and Mike Williams for Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Should I trade Chris Johnson, Tony Romo and Mike Williams for Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson?
I'm not sure why you'd have to give up Williams in that deal. Do you have another QB? I wouldn't feel very good about Luck as my QB1.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Standard scoring, would you guys do Charles and Titus for Welker and Hillis? Or Charles and Titus for Decker and Crabtree?
Old 09-19-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ummmnn yeah

I think luck is about to come around.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Peterson vs. San Francisco . . . do I bench him?

I would be starting Donald Brown and Andre Brown (I have Bradshaw, too) and they both have very nice matchups.
i'd say yeah, just because of the matchup. Look for Andre to get a short yardage TD. Bradshaw is OUT, Wilson's in the dog house.

And is Avery really and upgrade over Decker or DHB? I bought high on Decker, bitten my on the butt thus far.

I'm not gonna give up on Cutler, think he's still gonna put up some numbers
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Standard scoring, would you guys do Charles and Titus for Welker and Hillis? Or Charles and Titus for Decker and Crabtree?
Both are interesting. Can you afford to give up Charles with no RB in return? Ultimately, Charles' soreness could make his value even to Hillis and Welker is an upgrade from Titus (assuming we see more 3WR sets w/Hernandez out.) The Decker / Crabtree combo is buying low on both guys while dumping your RB headache. I kind of like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'd say yeah, just because of the matchup. Look for Andre to get a short yardage TD. Bradshaw is OUT, Wilson's in the dog house.

And is Avery really and upgrade over Decker or DHB? I bought high on Decker, bitten my on the butt thus far.

I'm not gonna give up on Cutler, think he's still gonna put up some numbers
I don't think Avery is an upgrade over Decker. He's got plenty of targets and will continue to be involved in that passing attack. The Falcons clearly dominated the middle of the field and I think that impacts Decker a lot more than Thomas. I'd say Decker vs. Avery will be somewhat even with an element of matchup based play going forward, unless Collie makes it back to action for an extended period of time. As for DHB . . . I just don't trust Palmer at all. Avery is probably a better play than DHB.

Cutler will bounce back. He's always had that "**** Douchenozzle" quality about him and I'm convinced it bites him in the ass on a regular basis. Hopefully he will focus on playing good football and not running his mouth about how his WRs can't be covered. The real Jay Cutler is closer to the week 1 beast than the week 2 bum.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both are interesting. Can you afford to give up Charles with no RB in return? Ultimately, Charles' soreness could make his value even to Hillis and Welker is an upgrade from Titus (assuming we see more 3WR sets w/Hernandez out.) The Decker / Crabtree combo is buying low on both guys while dumping your RB headache. I kind of like that.
Well, I have DMC and Sproles, so it's kind of eh. But my only notable receiver is Wayne so I kind of need the help.

Would you do DMC, Charles, and Young for Lynch, Welker, Mendenhall?
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd have to give up Williams in that deal. Do you have another QB? I wouldn't feel very good about Luck as my QB1.
I have Alex Smith and I am comfortable with him or Luck, whoever is playing the worse defense.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2, with reasoning for +rep:

Jonathan Stewart vs. NYG
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Donnie Avery vs. Jac
Torrey Smith vs. NE
David Wilson vs. Car
Kevin Ogletree vs. TB

I'm kinda expecting Jonathan Stewart to sit out the game, so if you pick him an alternative would be appreciated.

Last edited by Heisman : 09-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post

Jonathan Stewart vs. NYG
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Donnie Avery vs. Jac
Torrey Smith vs. NE
David Wilson vs. Car

I'm kinda expecting Jonathan Stewart to sit out the game, so if you pick him an alternative would be appreciated.
I'd go Brandon Lafell and Torrey Smith. Lafell is going up against a weak secondary and has shown the past two weeks he can make plays. Smith is a bit risky but he's a deep threat and maybe he can take the top off the Patriot defense.

I would have gone Stewart before Smith but I don't expect him to play. Donnie Avery needs to show me more first before I trust him. David Wilson won't get enough playing time to warrant a play.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Well, I have DMC and Sproles, so it's kind of eh. But my only notable receiver is Wayne so I kind of need the help.

Would you do DMC, Charles, and Young for Lynch, Welker, Mendenhall?
I'd do either, given the lineups. I wish I knew what the deal was with McFadden, tbh. At this point, I'd be happy to swap him for Lynch and have some stable production. Mendenhall will be tough for a week or two but there's 20 carries a game in Pittsburgh that Redman and Dwyer haven't done squat with so far. Welker . . . his upside is clearly way higher than Young.

Quote:
I have Alex Smith and I am comfortable with him or Luck, whoever is playing the worse defense.
Ok, then go for it. The point still stands on Williams, though. The QB/RB swap seems pretty even to me without throwing in a WR, but WR is deep and a suitable bench guy is likely available on the waiver wire.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jonathan Stewart vs. NYG
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Donnie Avery vs. Jac
Torrey Smith vs. NE
David Wilson vs. Car

lafell vs that giants banged up secondary for sure, the guy is quietly on fire and cam can definitely dump a lot of points on them this week.

avery vs jags because he was amazing last week and clearly in lucks top 3 favorite targets. Id say wayne, avery, fleener could all have big days as the colts cruise to victory
Old 09-19-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'd go Brandon Lafell and Torrey Smith. Lafell is going up against a weak secondary and has shown the past two weeks he can make plays. Smith is a bit risky but he's a deep threat and maybe he can take the top off the Patriot defense.

I would have gone Stewart before Smith but I don't expect him to play. Donnie Avery needs to show me more first before I trust him. David Wilson won't get enough playing time to warrant a play.
You echoed my thoughts and feelings on every single player, and I feel much better now. Thank you.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Jonathan Stewart vs. NYG
Brandon LaFell vs. NYG
Donnie Avery vs. Jac
Torrey Smith vs. NE
David Wilson vs. Car
Kevin Ogletree vs. TB

LaFell without question.

I'd have to say start your studs if there's any uncertainty. Torrey it is, in that case. It's a shame that Wilson fumbled and is in the doghouse b/c that matchup is awesome and in primetime.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i currently hate every nfl player with the first name fred
Old 09-19-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so with Nicks now out, I picked up Barden. I'm considering putting him in flex over Heath Miller (deep league, J-Stew and FJax hurt, starting Lamar Miller and Tate at RB)

Actually, may start Ronnie Brown over Miller against the Jets D.

damn my team's a mess
Quote: