Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh? A trade can't be shallow. The league is shallow meaning not deep. For example there are probably like 8 owners or something if you're dropping Bryce Brown. That or there are very small rosters.

As for the Graham trade - I do that in a heartbeat. Who knows what Wallace gives you and I'm sure you'll find receivers in small league. Graham is a big edge.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a standard nfl.com league, 15 roster spots with 10 teams. I took Brown with my 14th round selection. But again, didn't draft a kicker or defense so thats why I'd be forced to cut Brown and would have cut Pierce as well

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 07-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been in a league this trade happy. Just drafted 2 days ago and currently 5 trades awaiting processing.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson for The Lawfirm absolutely requires a roflbrothel.

That is all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Peterson for The Lawfirm absolutely requires a roflbrothel.

That is all.
Yeah, I emailed the league to have the other owners vote against it. So far I know 3 of us have, need 6.

I'd be rather upset if the trade goes through, but I would still like my team better than the ones receiving AP so it's not all lost.

I guess that's what I get for joining a random nfl.com one that I don't know anyone in
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my money league draft in about a month. Any advice? I've been kinda ****** around with some mock drafts on cbs. RB class seems to go to **** after about the 3rd round.

Also been noticing Doug Martin goin top 5 almost every time and as high as #2. Crazy.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I have my money league draft in about a month. Any advice? I've been kinda ****** around with some mock drafts on cbs. RB class seems to go to **** after about the 3rd round.

Also been noticing Doug Martin goin top 5 almost every time and as high as #2. Crazy.
rd 1 RB
rd 2 RB
rd 3 WR/Jimmy Graham
rd 4 RB

also where do you pick? monitor adp closely. for qb's i like to reach maybe a round ahead of adp and get one of luck/stafford/romo. not much separation from the elite bunch and better value probably.

edit: on an unrelated note, yahoo has leagues with cash payouts this year. good for anyone who has wanted that sort of thing but hasn't been able to find a reliable group. all money will be held by yahoo as a sort of escrow i think and it's all done thru paypal

Last edited by sbh15 : 07-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

In my opinion, you want to grab a RB or Calvin Johnson with your first rounder. If I'm picking 7-10 I'm probably going to take Calvin unless he's gone or some RB I have rated way higher is still available. In the 2nd, I'd grab a RB or WR.

My main suggestion, is to at least rank your top 10 at QB and TE, top 20 at both WR and RB and write it out either in a word document or I prefer to write it on paper. These are the guys you consider starters in FF. I always go thru and project everyone pts myself, so I always put their projected pts next to their name. I also do 2 mock drafts and put where they were drafted in each one next to their name as well, but this may be a little much for others.

Unless you're just a huge fan of someone, wait at the QB position. I waited until the 9th round and came away with my #3 ranked QB in the class. In my opinion there isn't going to be a lot of point difference between Kaepernick, Wilson, Rg3 and Luck, so unless you're a big fan of one, wait until you sense a run coming along. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TRACK OF WHO HAS ALREADY SELECTED QBs.

Know your league too, it sounds dumb but for example I've done one nfl.com and one yahoo league this year. I didn't realize that this year yahoo is doing 2rbs and 3wrs while nfl.com is doing 2rbs, 2wr, and 1flex.

As for Doug Martin, he ranked #2 in scoring last season from the RB position as rookie. That was with an injured offensive line for most of the season. I actually have him as my #1 RB in terms of point projection, but I would select Arian Foster first because I think he's a little safer.

Basically, just try to come out of the first 3 rounds with 2 RBs and a WR, or at the minimum 1 RB and 1WR. I consider Jimmy Graham a WR btw
Old 07-17-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I've never done an auction draft and a buddy from college asked me to be in his. Any tips? If I just follow their projections as far as how much to spend on a player should I be ok?

I've tried a couple mocks to try to get a feel, but people are dumb in mocks and leave after the first round
Old 07-18-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is #2 to high to take Marshawn? I'm expecting that dude to be an absolute monster this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I've never done an auction draft and a buddy from college asked me to be in his. Any tips? If I just follow their projections as far as how much to spend on a player should I be ok?

I've tried a couple mocks to try to get a feel, but people are dumb in mocks and leave after the first round
Never done an Auction draft before in football. .
Old 07-18-2013, 06:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Auctions are difficult to prepare you. You can go in with a plan but you never know how the other people are thinking and who they might value higher than most or lower than most.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We normally do our auction draft offline so I can't say much about projections. Don't necessarily treat them as a ceiling or be afraid to deviate from them, though. If you're just following projections then you'll risk missing out on the top players. They usually go for a bit more. On the other hand, of course, you don't want to put yourself in a bad position by bidding high on everyone nominated. Who you decide to target with your money really depends on league setup, obviously. While you won't have to worry about who is picking before you, it still never hurts to be aware of how other people have their team filled out. If there are some players that you don't really want but expect will go for a lot of money, nominate those guys. You're not going to get every player you want, but having in mind those you do and the kind of lineup you want to build will make it easier to control your bidding to your favor.

That said, I've been doing the same style of auction with the same group of guys for a while. Like pf said, you can't really know how anything is going to go. I wouldn't be opposed to doing a mock auction with a few guys from here sometime, if possible.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mock auctions are totally pointless. I've tried, but there's just nothing to keep the knuckleheads from bombing the thing & take 2 guys with all their budget and then leave.

I've done two auctions and have started a new league using it b/c I love it. I always hate having to scratch 6+ guys right off my list of draft-able players b/c I didn't "earn" a top pick.

Ultimately, you should target the guys you want but be ready to let them go if the price is too high. Getting into a hug bidding war for Peterson that runs you up to $60 is too big a hit to your $200 budget (as an example) but you also don't want to go the low cost route, either. Trying to build a team with only mid-range prices will generally land you a mediocre team. Be prepared to spend top dollar on two players/positions that you really expect to be dominant based on the constitution/scoring of the league. Then be sure to save enough money (an extra $10 or so) to ensure you don't have guys you really love late poached for a measly dollar bid.

Quote:
Is #2 to high to take Marshawn? I'm expecting that dude to be an absolute monster this season.

Never done an Auction draft before in football. .
Nope. As long as he is clear from missed games, I'd say he has just a good a chance as any RB to be top 3.

EDIT: had the window open at work for a while and didn't refresh to see McGee's post. Solid advice, and I'd be down for a group mock if we can get enough people.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 07-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll know after this season if I like auction leagues or not. I like the idea of nominating people I think will get overpaid early, or simply ones I'm not a huge fan of in hopes to get rid of them early.

As far as Lynch #2, I have a few concerns with that. First off, that simply means you're passing on Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster, I think both of which are the safer selections. The next is just assuming he stays healthy, which is a problem with every player but he's been known to play through injuries such as back problems. The Seahawks now have Robert Turbin and Christine Michael, if Lynch is injured again will they risk him getting more injured or will he sit out and let the two younger guys carry the load? They also got Percy, who I expect to use in the RB slot every once in a while and throw more easy passes to him to make plays, this could effect how many times Lynch carries the ball.

Overall, I have Lynch at #4 on my big board behind Foster, AP and Martin
Old 07-18-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ok guys, so my first salary cap draft is over and I think it was a pretty big disaster.

Here's my team (don't laugh)
QB: Josh Freeman
RB: CJ Spiller, LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Jordy Nelson, Hakeem Nicks, Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Williams
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Antonio Gates, Greg Olson
K: None
D: None

Obviously the QB position is a weak point. I like Freeman potential as a bye week replacement, or even swap him and another guy in and out of the starting lineup. I don't know what this one guys strategy is, but he took 4 QBs (you only start one). I guess he'll be trying to trade later. The rest of his team is relatively weak as he spent around 130 on those QBs (Rodgers, Kaep, Stafford and Romo).

Not all hope is lost as Schaub, Palmer, Bradford, Smith, Tannehill, Locker and Ponder (and more) are starting QBs in FA. So if someone looks like they're gonna have a good season in preseason I can probably grab one.

The reason I grabbed 3 TEs is because they had the best value and I got each one for either $1 or $2 at the end and I figure they'd possess better value in a trade scenario than a K or D would help my team at this exact moment.

So am I totally screwed or is the team salvageable?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok guys, so my first salary cap draft is over and I think it was a pretty big disaster.

WR: Jordy Nelson, Hakeem Nicks, Torrey Smith, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Williams

Obviously the QB position is a weak point. I like Freeman potential as a bye week replacement, or even swap him and another guy in and out of the starting lineup. I don't know what this one guys strategy is, but he took 4 QBs (you only start one). I guess he'll be trying to trade later. The rest of his team is relatively weak as he spent around 130 on those QBs (Rodgers, Kaep, Stafford and Romo).

Not all hope is lost as Schaub, Palmer, Bradford, Smith, Tannehill, Locker and Ponder (and more) are starting QBs in FA. So if someone looks like they're gonna have a good season in preseason I can probably grab one.

The reason I grabbed 3 TEs is because they had the best value and I got each one for either $1 or $2 at the end and I figure they'd possess better value in a trade scenario than a K or D would help my team at this exact moment.

Not totally screwed and, honestly, I don't think I'd use the word disaster for a team that loaded at RB & WR.

That's a nice list of options at QB on the wire, considering the strength you have at RB and WR. I never find TE to be a valuable trade asset, tbh. I'd ditch Olsen for a QB now. Tannehill has trememdous upside with a ton of talent added. Schaub is a reliable option who showed he can post big games last year. Palmer/Bradford are similar upside question marks.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not totally screwed and, honestly, I don't think I'd use the word disaster for a team that loaded at RB & WR.

That's a nice list of options at QB on the wire, considering the strength you have at RB and WR. I never find TE to be a valuable trade asset, tbh. I'd ditch Olsen for a QB now. Tannehill has trememdous upside with a ton of talent added. Schaub is a reliable option who showed he can post big games last year. Palmer/Bradford are similar upside question marks.
Thanks for the advice. I've got 3 first rounders at RB which I spent about $115 on, which I think was a great deal as AP went for $74 by himself. I wish I had more of a #1 at WR, I think I've got a lot of #2s and #3s but am considering trying to trade one of the WRs and TEs for a better WR, afterall, there's currently a team with Dustin Keller as their only TE.

If I cut one or trade one, do you think Olson is the way to go? He was actually the leading scorer of the TEs I have. I could see all 3 of my TEs being top 5-7 TEs in FF this season but I think the QB position needs addressed.

Should I grab Schaub for now until one of the other QBs on the wire prove differently?

I think to an extent it's a waiting game on the team that has got those 4 QBs. He's got Gore, Murray and Ivory at RB with Cobb, Wayne, Garcon and Lance Moore at WR. So he's got very little depth and I can't imagine him carrying 4 QBs all season taking up his bench space. He also has Finley and Gonzalez at TE. 3 of his 6 bench spots are being held by QBs. If I can show I'm not going to overpay in trade for one of his QBs (he's already offered me Kaepernick and Romo for Morris and Spiller, I quickly hit reject) he may trade one to me for one of my lower WRs or even cut him altogether
Old 07-18-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I've got 3 first rounders at RB which I spent about $115 on, which I think was a great deal as AP went for $74 by himself. I wish I had more of a #1 at WR, I think I've got a lot of #2s and #3s but am considering trying to trade one of the WRs and TEs for a better WR, afterall, there's currently a team with Dustin Keller as their only TE.

If I cut one or trade one, do you think Olson is the way to go? He was actually the leading scorer of the TEs I have. I could see all 3 of my TEs being top 5-7 TEs in FF this season but I think the QB position needs addressed.

Should I grab Schaub for now until one of the other QBs on the wire prove differently?

I think to an extent it's a waiting game on the team that has got those 4 QBs. He's got Gore, Murray and Ivory at RB with Cobb, Wayne, Garcon and Lance Moore at WR. So he's got very little depth and I can't imagine him carrying 4 QBs all season taking up his bench space. He also has Finley and Gonzalez at TE. 3 of his 6 bench spots are being held by QBs. If I can show I'm not going to overpay in trade for one of his QBs (he's already offered me Kaepernick and Romo for Morris and Spiller, I quickly hit reject) he may trade one to me for one of my lower WRs or even cut him altogether
I'd lose Gates, tbh. He seems to be riding on a name at this point. I have liked Olsen since he was traded to the TE friendly system of the (now moved on) Chud. Even though the OC is gone, I still think Olsen is the clear-cut 2nd best pass catcher in Carolina.

I think Schaub and Freeman are pretty similar. If I were adding someone I would probably go for the upside and I think that's Tannehill. But taking Palmer with Fitz, Floyd and little rushing help makes sense, too. It's just hard to trust that Oline.

Also, that guy's team is pretty sick. Yes, it's a stupid amount of QBs but I do like his RBs and WRs.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd lose Gates, tbh. He seems to be riding on a name at this point. I have liked Olsen since he was traded to the TE friendly system of the (now moved on) Chud. Even though the OC is gone, I still think Olsen is the clear-cut 2nd best pass catcher in Carolina.

I think Schaub and Freeman are pretty similar. If I were adding someone I would probably go for the upside and I think that's Tannehill. But taking Palmer with Fitz, Floyd and little rushing help makes sense, too. It's just hard to trust that Oline.

Also, that guy's team is pretty sick. Yes, it's a stupid amount of QBs but I do like his RBs and WRs.
I'm sending offers but if I can't get one worked out i'm going to sign a QB (since I have to wait 2 days for waivers to clear)

I'm not overly impressed with his team but to each their own.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

First off, I think you couldīve done a lot worse than this. :-)
A couple of quick thoughts regarding the different positions:
QB: Schaub is the safe pick up, but I must admit, I actually like Palmer a bit more. He actually put up decent numbers in a bad situation in Oakland last year, and he got waaay better weapons in Arizona. Fitz speaks for himself, and I think there is a good chance Michael Floyd will become much better this year. Furthermore we saw last year how Arians loves to air it out in Indy. Combine that with the fact, that the Cards could be playing catch up in a lot of games, I could actually see him put up very respectable numbers, unlike Schaub who might be in position to be more of a game manager in Houston. Finally, the o-line in Zona actually showed some improvement nearing the end of last year, and with Levi Brown back and the addition of Cooper it (hopefully) wont be the clusterf*ck it was last year. As said, Schaub is the safe pick but Palmer has more upside imo.
Im not totally sold on Tannehill tbh. Im just not sure if the Dolphins will throw it enough, for him to be fantasy relevant. I do like his upside though.
If you try and make a trade with the guy with 4 QBs, I actually like Romo quite a bit. He must be the cheapest option of the 4, and even though we like to rag on him, he is actually a pretty good fantasy option. Cant find the source atm, but read somewhere that he actually finished 7th or 8th in total points last year in standard scoring leagues. At the right price, he could be a steal.
RB: That group is beastly. Move on.
WR: I like this group, has a lot of upside. Steve Smith will be the undisputed leader in Carolina. Even though Im not sold on Mike Wallace, he could potentially be great. In between Nicks, Jordy and Torrey Smith Im pretty confident that youīll at least find one very good player, who will put up a great season. Not sold on Maclin, just for the reason that Im not sure about how well the passing game in Philly will run, and he has a tendency to deal with nagging injuries.
TE: I agree with Flying Elvis, and Gates have to be the guy, who gets the cut. Rudolp is a beast, and even though the offense is new, the chemistry that Greg Olsen and Cam developed last year will remain, and Gates is a shell of his former self.

Just my 2c.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thanks Sun, my biggest concern with Palmer (as with Bradford) is that 6 of his games will be against pretty dang good defenses.

The guy has sent me a few trade proposals so far, all absolutely ridiculous. He's basically wanting Morris, McCoy and Nicks for Kaep, Gore and his kicker. So in standard drafts that'd be 2 first rounders and a 5th for a 3rd and 5th. Not going to happen.

I believe he thinks he's got the control right now, but I really don't feel he does. I'm perfectly fine running into the season with Freeman and another QB I sign in FA, I won a championship 3 years ago with Free, two years ago with Tebow, and found value in Rodgers last season that led me to a championship.

I foresee Freeman starting the season very well, and I can't foresee him being able to go very far into the season with all 4 QBs.

I may try a Maclin for Romo trade or something just to try it, I'm not a fan of Maclin really but he could do well and is still a decent name that gets overvalued by some. If I make up some crap about Kelly wanting to utlize Maclins ability and possibly line him up at RB in certain situations, maybe he'll bite
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitly a good point about the defenses. I made a quick comparison of Palmer and Freemans schedules, and came up with this:
Palmer meets the Rams in week 1 and 13.
He meets the Seahawks in week 7 and 16.
And finally the 49ers in weeks 6 and 17. (So the final game against them wont matter, yes?)
In those weeks Freeman and the Bucs go up against: Jets(a), Eagles(h), Falcons(a), Panthers(a), Rams(a) and Saints(a). A lot of road games, but Freeman should have the chance to have some good games against some of those defenses. Something to think about.
The Maclin for Romo trade is worth a shot. Maybe throw Gates at him, and hope that he thinks, that Gates is still the player he once was. Alternatively, if an FA RB looks really good in preseason, pick him up and offer the guy Bradshaw, since your 3 other RBs are so damn good.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thanks for that in depth analysis Sun. I'm still torn on who the right decision is.

After further review Ponder is out as he's got the same bye week.

Although I think all 3 defenses will be improved, Schaubs division has 3 of the bottom 12 defenses as far as pts allowed from last season.

Is Alex Smith a reasonable option as well? He'll have good weapons in KC as well as a good run game

I've got until Saturday to decide as thats when waivers end

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 07-18-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Im not a big Alex Smith believer, at least not fantasy wise. Hell definitly pass the ball more, and Andy Reids system is QB friendly, but thats not necessarily a good thing for him as it would likely mean more turnovers. Im not sold on the supporting cast either. Charles will get his workload, and in the passing game Bowe is the only legit option. (Not expecting big things from either Baldwin or Avery, and the TE group has more questions than answers. Furthermore, its Alex Smith - The definiton of a game manager. I wouldnīt do it.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Thought a little bit about Bradford as an option, and I think he has some upside. (Disclaimer, unlike 95% of this forum, I actually think he can be a good QB.) Like Palmer, hell face some tough defenses in Seattle and San Fran, but Im not sold on Arizonas defense. Darryll Washington will be suspended for their first meeting, theyve lost both starting safeties, and Darnell Dockett really sucked last year. Tbh I think a lot of the Cardinals defenses succes had a lot to do with Ray Horton and his scheme, and he is gone as well. I think the Cardinals clearly have the weakest defense out of the 4 NFC West teams.

The Rams o-line should be improved this year, with the arrival of Jake Long, and the inside is pretty decent as it is. They lost Steven Jackson, but I think Zac Stacy (Im a big fan of his) and Darryll Richardson will get the job done sufficiently. The WR group has a lot of upside imo, and for the first time in Bradfords career he has the same OC for two consecutive season. Even though no one noticed it, he actually played very well in the last half of the season last year. In the final 8 games he passed for 1905 yds (238 pr game) 13 tds and 6 ints. Fairly decent numbers, and I wouldnt be surprised if he could raise that number a bit this year.
He averaged 15.14 fantasy points pr game in that span, and didnīt have a game where he scored less than 12.40 points.
By comparison Schaub only averaged 12.64 fantasy pts a game, and had 4 games with 7 points or less! (His average was saved by one huge 36 point game against Jacksonville)
Its a tough pick, but after further review I would personally rank your options like this:
- Palmer
- Bradford/Tannehill - very close imo.
- Schaub.