Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SI's Peter King says he has "not seen a better offensive weapon" this summer than Jared Cook. Per King, the Rams "donít know quite why" Cook caught only 44 passes with the Titans last season. The implication being, fantasy owners weren't the only ones miffed at Tennessee's usage of its talented tight end. Although Cook's camp reports have been nothing but glowing ó and suggest he could be a high-end TE1 ó he has generated hype before only to fall flat on his face. The difference this time around, however, is that his coaching staff is intent on making him a focal point of the offense. Aug 12 - 9:23 AM
Me likey very much.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else doing the Yahoo $250 league where you can win up to $1250?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to try it but how does it work?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I want to try it but how does it work?
It's yahoo managed. You have to pay with paypal before setting up your league. It randomizes you into a league, so there's pretty much 0% chance it will get rigged by two people who know each other.

Yahoo holds the money until the league is over, first place gets $1250, 2nd gets 750 and 3rd gets 250. Yahoo keeps $250 for handling the money etc

They also have $20 leagues (win up to $100) or a $100 league (win up to $500)
Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Need suggestion on who to take, start using the NFL Player Comparison tool. http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/07/31/intr...mparison-tool/
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
how many players? maybe i glossed over that, but it seems like this has to be 12+ and i'm guessing you picked top 5. in any event, your runningbacks are lethal for anything 12 and up, especially in PPR. I love Sudfeld as a sleeper and is a great 'handcuff' for Gronk. Bears D is Bears D. qb's.. I don't love them but RG3 is obviously great if healthy. think you should have grabbed a more secure backup like Palmer or Bradford but in any event you did pretty well. love your late round receivers and Woodhead is a sneaky good pick in PPR
Sharp, my friend. 12 teams & I picked 9. The two in front of me chose trent & rice. I had to choose between mccoy and lynch. I wanted palmer but got sniped.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Sharp, my friend. 12 teams & I picked 9. The two in front of me chose trent & rice. I had to choose between mccoy and lynch. I wanted palmer but got sniped.
Idk if I could take beast mode over shady.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who were your top 2? lynch and cj2K?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
who were your top 2? lynch and cj2K?
Yes.

http://football22.myfantasyleague.co...s?L=24209&O=17

On a tablet or I'd link it better but thats the draft page. I have the rabbid.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You trust McFadden in the 3rd over Lamar Miller Cruz, Jones-Drew? Gronk in the 4th. just not fair.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
You trust McFadden in the 3rd over Lamar Miller Cruz, Jones-Drew? Gronk in the 4th. just not fair.
Mjd is too risky for me with multiple red flags. Miller was a tough one to pass but I felt mcfadden is still the best upside. Contract years make for good fantasy numbers. Cruz wasnt considered bc I really wanted the 3rd full time rb.

In hindsight i may have gone wr at 3 and been happy with d.richardson & woodhead late as flex. That may have cost me rgiii tho. Lots of ifs. Lol

Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes.

http://football22.myfantasyleague.co...s?L=24209&O=17

On a tablet or I'd link it better but thats the draft page. I have the rabbid.
Gronk in round 4! nice man. I'm still debating on doing that if he's there in my league. AND I like that there are good QBs in the 8th round. Hope my draft goes the same way. I don't want to take a QB till the 7th or 8th.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

That's true. I'm trying to go over every scenario I can so that I don't have to take a QB until the 7th. And I want to go RB/RB/RB but I know I'm going to slip a WR in there lol.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Gronk in round 4! nice man. I'm still debating on doing that if he's there in my league. AND I like that there are good QBs in the 8th round. Hope my draft goes the same way. I don't want to take a QB till the 7th or 8th.
If you've got a good enough base, I think Gronk is a solid move. He may miss some time early, but he should be full go for fantasy playoff time. If you have a good enough team to make it there.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
That's true. I'm trying to go over every scenario I can so that I don't have to take a QB until the 7th. And I want to go RB/RB/RB but I know I'm going to slip a WR in there lol.
This is my way of thinking too. Right now, it's Ray Rice or Lesean McCoy in round one. Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley or MJD in round 2 and then Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush in round 3.

Been thinking that for awhile now. but who knows how draft day goes.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Anyone here play dynasty leagues? I'm drafting in 2 at the moment and I'm wondering if round 14 is too early to take a flier on Zach Sudfeld. Best availables at this point is like Hartline, Hankerson, Quick, Streater, Pead, etc.
I've never been in a dynasty league, but I'd take Pead. The coaching staff loves him. They could have re-signed SJax if they really wanted to, but felt confident in Pead and Richardson. Drafting Austin and Bailey proves that Fisher is focused on spreading the field.

Quote:
You shouldn't be locked in on one strategy. If you get an elite WR in round 2/3, be glad. The WR pool is deep, but most of them are boom or bust. Elite WRs give you consistency.

Quote:
This is my way of thinking too. Right now, it's Ray Rice or Lesean McCoy in round one. Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Stevan Ridley or MJD in round 2 and then Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush in round 3.

Standard or PPR? Don't see Sproles or Bush falling to the 3rd in PPR. Wouldn't draft Gore in the 2nd even for standard scoring.

Last edited by Docta : 08-12-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:

Sproles and Bush will both go in round 2 in my league. RB's will go so fast I feel I'll have no choice to grab a WR round 3 or maybe Lamar Miller if he's there. Is taking Miller in the 3rd a reach?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Standard scoring. And in the 2nd right now, My rankings....

1. Ridley 2. SJax 3. MJD 4. Gore 5. CJ2K
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Sproles and Bush will both go in round 2 in my league. RB's will go so fast I feel I'll have no choice to grab a WR round 3 or maybe Lamar Miller if he's there. Is taking Miller in the 3rd a reach?
I think so, expecially if guys like Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitzgerald or Demaryius Thomas are there
Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I think so, expecially if guys like Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitzgerald or Demaryius Thomas are there
You're absolutely right
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:

Ridley for me
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

This really depends for me, Ridley has been coming off the board around 30-40 in my leagues.

I usually have been taking CJ round 2, and still getting Ridley in round 3.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
This really depends for me, Ridley has been coming off the board around 30-40 in my leagues.

I usually have been taking CJ round 2, and still getting Ridley in round 3.
Damn really? that'd be ******* sick. I have a hard time trusting CJ though. I know I shouldn't think like that, but he's screwed me over before.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

In his "bad years" he still gets 10+ pts a game. I know people get tired of hearing the same old story, but man was the play calling and run blocking horrible for the Titans the past two seasons. For CJ to have gotten what he did was honestly pretty impressive. He's still got it, don't worry about that.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Miller in 3 is fine but I agree it depends on which wrs you pass. Stud wrs gone and youlike him better than dmc mjd etc. then go for it.

Gore is underrated again this year. Rb1 numbers at rb3 prices. Ridley is pretty similar except he wont be catching anything.