Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
In his "bad years" he still gets 10+ pts a game. I know people get tired of hearing the same old story, but man was the play calling and run blocking horrible for the Titans the past two seasons. For CJ to have gotten what he did was honestly pretty impressive. He's still got it, don't worry about that.
Yes. Adding what could easily end up being perennial probowl guards should make a big difference. I was way down on him last year but have no problem taking him this year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****

@AdamSchefter: Chargers fear WR Malcom Floyd tore ACL; he's undergoing MRI tonight. SD already has lost WR Danario Alexander to torn ACL.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
In his "bad years" he still gets 10+ pts a game. I know people get tired of hearing the same old story, but man was the play calling and run blocking horrible for the Titans the past two seasons. For CJ to have gotten what he did was honestly pretty impressive. He's still got it, don't worry about that.
I've had him for 11 total games in the past 2 seasons. And I had to trade him both times because he was just screwing my team. Was 2-4 in 2011 and 1-4 last season.

During that time CJ had 166 carries for 478 yards and 1 TD.

I'm not going to fall in love with him again. I just cant lol
Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Holy ****

@AdamSchefter: Chargers fear WR Malcom Floyd tore ACL; he's undergoing MRI tonight. SD already has lost WR Danario Alexander to torn ACL.

Hello Vincent Brown
Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Hello Vincent Brown
Hello Robert Meach
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

How early would you draft Ben Tate? (with and without having Arian) Is he flex worthy? Always been a fan of his.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How early would you draft Ben Tate? (with and without having Arian) Is he flex worthy? Always been a fan of his.
if Arian is healthy, Tate is a chance of pace guy that should ride your bench. nothing more. if Arian is hurt, Tate is a must-own and borderline RB1. I would draft him when I draft guys like Bryce Brown, Bernard Pierce, etc. so probably in the 9th-10th round
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds right to me. There are a few of the backup RBs that could step in and NOT be a downgrade to your FF team. Bryce, Ben, and Pierce are the ones that come to mind. Round 9 if you're hell bent on having them; 10-11 if not.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TY Hilton for Steven Jackson in a deep roster dynasty league, who wins? Trading a strength for a weakness for both owners.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whomever is getting Jackson is winning short term, but this is probably his last productive year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I wouldn't trade Hilton for Jackson and Jackson has been a mancrush for years for me.

Hilton is looking like a stud in the making with a QB the same age. He should be a great starting option going forward (assuming DHB doesn't pull a big turnaround and take his spot) while Jackson is already on borrowed time.

Unless the Hilton owner has a massive hole at RB and is desperate, I'd hold onto TY.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I wouldn't trade Hilton for Jackson and Jackson has been a mancrush for years for me.

Hilton is looking like a stud in the making with a QB the same age. He should be a great starting option going forward (assuming DHB doesn't pull a big turnaround and take his spot) while Jackson is already on borrowed time.

Unless the Hilton owner has a massive hole at RB and is desperate, I'd hold onto TY.
I think it just depends, if the RB helps you more than a WR would, I'd do the trade. Always try to win this year while setting yourself up for later, never put out a subpar team just so you may be good in a year or two.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team draft. Standard league. How's my team? Had the 8th pick.

QB: Cam Newton/Ben Roethlisberger
RB: CJ Spiller/Chris Ivory/Le'Veon Bell/Daryl Richardson/Ben Tate
WR: AJ Green/Dwayne Bowe/Tavon Austin/Michael Floyd
TE: Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates
K: Randy Bullock
DEF: Bengals/Ravens

I chose two defenses because it was my last pick and I didn't care anymore.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
10 team draft. Standard league. How's my team? Had the 8th pick.

QB: Cam Newton/Ben Roethlisberger
RB: CJ Spiller/Chris Ivory/Le'Veon Bell/Daryl Richardson/Ben Tate
WR: AJ Green/Dwayne Bowe/Tavon Austin/Michael Floyd
TE: Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates
K: Randy Bullock
DEF: Bengals/Ravens

I chose two defenses because it was my last pick and I didn't care anymore.
As long as you don't have to start 3 WRs (which I doubt just based on the roster makeup) it's an awesome team. One of those three RBs should be a solid RB2 and any of them could push low end RB1 numbers.

By now just about everybody that posts in this thread should know how I feel about carrying 2 DSTs and/or 2 TEs. Cut the fat and add some upside. Hell, the Saints don't even have a bye week until week 7.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So Malcolm is just a knee sprain
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my draft in 2 hours. Is the consensus just to draft Charles as if nothing had happened?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would. Well, I am biased because I just took him Sunday.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I have my draft in 2 hours. Is the consensus just to draft Charles as if nothing had happened?
You gotta...other than the year he blew out his knee, he has proven to be a healthy, durable back

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Who's Jamaal's handcuff? Is it Kniles? And is Dunbar really going to be the backup to DeMarco? And what about Oakland? Reece? Latavius?

Might spend my last pick on one. My drafts 16 rounds. So there's extra spots on the bench.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Who's Jamaal's handcuff? Is it Kniles? And is Dunbar really going to be the backup to DeMarco? And what about Oakland? Reece? Latavius?

Might spend my last pick on one. My drafts 16 rounds. So there's extra spots on the bench.
I bet Draughn (sp?) gets the nod.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I just found out I'm picking third, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm thinking my board is:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Doug Martin
3. Arian Foster

And I'll probably end up with Martin

EDIT: It's a 15 team league. I'll for sure get one of those three with my first pick, and then for my second pick I should be able to get one of: Reggie Bush, David Wilson, Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles (it's PPR). Now with my third pick to I take a second one of those RBs or do I go for a second tier QB (Ryan/Stafford/Newton/Wilson/Luck/Griffin/Kaepernick/Romo)? I don't think there's much of a difference in that group of QBs so I kind of want to wait and hope one falls. But it in such a big league I don't know if they'll last 28 picks or whatever and I don't really want to get stuck with Manning/Schaub/Flacco

Last edited by Mufasa : 08-13-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Wait and hope one falls. Nab a receiver in there.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm eyeing Romo in almost all my mock drafts. Can usually get him between the 7th and 8th round. And he's as consistent as they come.

My league seems to be QB friendly though. Last year 11 were taken in the first 5 rounds so I was forced to snag up Eli that round. Luckily I kinda made up for it getting Luck later on.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Wait and hope one falls. Nab a receiver in there.
I concur.

Stud WR, Jimmy Graham or RB

Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

My "expert" friend keeps telling me luck isn't a good fantasy QB because he's a "game manager" I keep laughing in his face.