Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I really like Richardson, I do slightly downgrade him due to injury concerns though.

Depending on where I pick, I'm probably going McCoy with hopes of still grabbing Richardson in round 2. Rich seems to go around 10-14 in most of my leagues
TRICH will not make it out the first in my league.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Glad I'm not in your league
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most sites have him even or ahead of McCoy, actually. Richardson is picking up steam. No competition for touches is the main factor, I'd wager. 50/50 for me. But Kelley's offense should feature a truckload of running opportunities.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are way more question marks with McCoy than Richardson.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just paid my $250 entry fee, no turning back now.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When's the draft?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
There are way more question marks with McCoy than Richardson.
Both have injury concerns. Both are primary backs.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You could have joined my league with 100% payout.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Both have injury concerns. Both are primary backs.
That's a very simplistic way to look at it.

Both are completely healthy right now.

Primary means what exactly?

Chip Kelly is calling the shots. He could do anything at the pro level but if we go by his college philosophies and use a little logic (McCoy's stature and history/Brown's ability), it's not a stretch to think Brown receives a looooooot of work - way more than any backup to TRich.

Not to mention the fact that Philly's offense might be very bad anyway.

Whereas with TRich we have a feature back with an OC that loves to use featured backs in the passing game and at the goal line. A guy who had an OK rookie year and still scored a high number of TDs despite a bad offense (which should get better). He's going to be fed like crazy because he's their best player and has all the tools of a guy who could be top 5 in touches and possibly handle the most red zone work of any player in the league.

I would wager heavily on TRich scoring more TDs than McCoy. The only statistic I think McCoy has a leg up in is receptions - and TRich is going to be featured in the passing game so he might even upset him there.

In the end it probably comes down to which back plays more games. But assuming they both stay healthy, TRich has better upside.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
When's the draft?
This weekend, I thought about doing it tomorrow but I need to look over some trends and re-do some rankings and wouldn't have time to do all that tonight.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

You could have joined my league with 100% payout.
Sorry I had actually forgotten all about yours
Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

damn. i'm staying away from the entire offense.

Quote:
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders coaches have accepted that Matt Flynn isn't "going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards." Per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, it's been "clear all camp." That's absolutely embarrassing for an NFL quarterback, of course, but not a surprise. We already knew Flynn had one of the weakest, if not the weakest, arm in the league. This is just further evidence of how spectacularly weak the Raiders' offense is going to be. Flynn has no one to throw to, and his inability to challenge farther than 25 yards down field is going to lead to stacked boxes for Darren McFadden. It's a mess of a situation.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Sorry I had actually forgotten all about yours
I just had one guy bail last night and have an open spot now, too.

So . . . anyone else want to test their mettle against the likes of Shane, RobS, Goose, Cain, and me?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Just ran a mock where I was team 2. 3WR, 2RB. No flex. No PPR. WRs seemed to go really quick in this one, but I think I played it well by grabbing other positions. It also helped that Romo went round 6 so I was sitting there in round 9 with Wilson and Stafford still on the board with everyone else already having one QB

QB: Stafford (10), Vick (12)
RB: D.Martin (1), CJ (3), L.Bell (7), D.Wilson (9),
WR: Marshall (2), Jordy (4), Bowe (5), Shorts (8), T.Austin (11), Sanders (13)
TE: Gronk (6),
K: Tucker (15)
D: Rams (14)

I really like picking top 3, I've never done it that early because I almost always end up 7-10 somehow.

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 08-14-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Which RB is that supposed to be as your first? Also, is that Wilson in 9 the Giants RB?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

He meant to write Doug Martin. Really captures how fantasy football has ruined us as football fans. They aren't even people to us anymore. WE DONT EVEN KNOW THEIR NAMES!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

gpngc is correct, it was supposed to be Doug Martin. Slipped my mind since I drafted David Wilson later on. I've corrected it now.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Brady left the field with a left knee injury...
Old 08-14-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

yep. walked it off, returned to practice, then left for the day.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
yep. walked it off, returned to practice, then left for the day.
They didn't report he came back...great journalism.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Why is Greg Zeurlin so down on the K rankings?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
They didn't report he came back...great journalism.
I got an email update from local source (WEEI)

Old 08-14-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holt Bruce do you start 2WR and a flex or 3WR in that league?
2 WR and a flex. The flex can be RB, WR or TE.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Aye. Apparently Pettis took the starting job from him, so definitely going with Hankerson if he's there.
No he hasn't. Pettis is just labeled the starter right now, but I fully expect that to change.

I look at Quick and like to compare him to Vincent Jackson, He also came out of a small school and it took him three years to really develop into a solid receiver at the nfl level.

Quick still has his ups and downs but you see improvement in his game. He did a nice job in the first preseason game of using his big frame to block off defenders.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Why is Greg Zeurlin so down on the K rankings?
No idea, dude can boom it from 67. if not farther, and Fisher isn't afraid to send him out there from any distance.