Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-27-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
See above.
Great. Thanks for the info.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So in my big money league I'm picking 4th. Can I justify taking Ray Rice over foster in a .5 PPR?
Sure you can. People have two trains of thought when it comes to Ray. Either you think he'll be used a lot more with the losses of Boldin and Pitta or you think he'll be bottled up due to the losses of Boldin and Pitta because D's will focus more on him.

Ray has a lot of touches but I just read a story somewhere that it is really only the number of carries a RB has, not touches (adding in receptions), that affects a RB and how he ages and continues to produce or eventually decline. Pierce might get some more carries, but Rice will still receive his fair share and will be more active in the passing game, IMO. Rice has no concerns over his health that I'm aware of, if you are concerned about Arian's, take Rice.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Rice over Foster at this time. Looks like folks are going Doug Martin at 2/3, dropping Foster to the 4/5 range with Rice and Lynch in that mix. In .5 PPR, I rank them:

Peterson
Lynch
Rice
Spiller
Martin
Foster

That is my personal rank. You can do whatever you want. Rice will always catch more. Especially with Pitta out, Boldin gone, etc. You are going to see a lot of touches and screens. Even if Pierce steals some work, Rice's catches probably go up 1-3 per week. He gets close to 2000 total yards and is basically a lock for 60+ catches and probably at least 8 TD's. Foster has no lock of anything. You can't really go wrong, but I think Rice at 4 is the play.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn now I'm contemplating beast mode. How do he and Ray compare this year? I'm thinking Ray because the .5 PPR
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray is younger and has less "wear". Lynch has been a monster with tons of carries lately, plus the Seahawks invested in both Turbin and Michael in the draft the last few years. Clearly they anticipate some kind of changeover eventually. Rice is the more reliable option, but Beast Mode at 3/4 is solid

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what should be done about Jonathan Franklin?

He has shown nothing during preseason and is behind Lacy and probably DuJuan Harris on the depth chart. I took him in the 7th round (15 team league), so it'd kind of suck to drop him, but he just seems so worthless
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Unless there is a clear player to add ahead of him, you have to stick by him. In a 15 team league, what could be available on waivers?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like DuJuan Harris is headed to IR.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much, but I see zero value in Franklin.

Lacy is clearly going to be the guy in Green Bay this year. He'll probably get 80% of the carries on a team that doesn't run all that much to begin with. Then Harris and possibly even Alex Green could be ahead of Franklin for the rest. If he was an undrafted free agent instead of a 4th round pick I don't think he'd even make the team.

I think I'm going to desperately try to trade him to someone who has yet to realize his value dropped so much
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with Harris likely out for the year I think that increases his value a good bit.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franklin doesn't deserve a roster spot. Lacy has that locked up as the starter and, regardless of how many pundits want to mention the lack of 100 yard rusher streak in Green Bay, the RB1 there is still an RB2 (at best) for FF purposes. The backup in that O is hot garbage unless Lacy gets injured.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
So what should be done about Jonathan Franklin?

He has shown nothing during preseason and is behind Lacy and probably DuJuan Harris on the depth chart. I took him in the 7th round (15 team league), so it'd kind of suck to drop him, but he just seems so worthless
I'd try to trade him to the guy that has Lacy for anything better than you can get out in free agency.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Moving him to the Lacy owner isn't a bad move, but you can't hope for much. I wouldn't trade much of anything for him. Chalk it up to drafting too early in the offseason and overpaying for a team name as opposed to more guaranteed production.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to create a big board for my draft at work we are having. We can't access a computer ourselves during the actual draft. What is a good site/template I can use to create a big board and print out?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I set my draft board up like this:

http://imgur.com/A7H7YPj

I did my own point projections and I was brutal with deductions based on age, so your board would look a lot different, but I think the basic layout is a good one. You could set it up in a spreadsheet and just print it off, but I'm a co-manager, so I wanted something that we could put up on the wall and both be able to read. We had some technical difficulties and had to run the draft through my friends glitchy phone, and the tiered position rankings saved our asses.

Last edited by WCH : 08-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would anyone be interested in joining another league?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafting Gronk in the mid-40's, yay or nay? Seems like things are relatively positive now, but it's obviously a gamble.

For more detail, this is a 14 team league with no PPR. I pick 11th so this would be in the 4th round, pick 46 overall. Thinking based on values at those spots and how guys are going to draft I'll likely end up going RB-WR-RB-Gronk. Figure he's got the upside to produce more than any WR I'll find at 46 and if I take shots on a few upside WR's I've got a better shot of finding 2 more starting caliber WR's than happening to hit on the right TE late.

My other thought is that to win a 14 team league you need to either be lucky at the end of the season or have a reasonably dominant team. In order to do that obviously some chances need to be taken. I'm thinking Gronk may be a solid gamble.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on trading Doug Martin/Dwayne Bowe for Shady McCoy/Julio Jones?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I think I'd jump on that, but I like Shady this year.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Martin/Bowe will do better this year, honestly. Julio's touches are really limited by having Roddy and SJax and Tony Gonzalez there. Bowe has fewer challenges for his touches, and Reid loves to throw it. I like Martin better than McCoy. I would lean stand pat, but if you did it, I wouldn't kill you for it.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So in my big money league I'm picking 4th. Can I justify taking Ray Rice over foster in a .5 PPR?
My .5 Big Board

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Doug Martin
3) C.J. Spiller
4) Trent Richardson
5) LeSean McCoy
6) Jamaal Charles

Forget Rice and Foster. I like Pierce and Tate later way more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I'd much rather have Shady/Julio because Julio is so much better than Bowe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Drafting Gronk in the mid-40's, yay or nay? Seems like things are relatively positive now, but it's obviously a gamble.

For more detail, this is a 14 team league with no PPR. I pick 11th so this would be in the 4th round, pick 46 overall. Thinking based on values at those spots and how guys are going to draft I'll likely end up going RB-WR-RB-Gronk. Figure he's got the upside to produce more than any WR I'll find at 46 and if I take shots on a few upside WR's I've got a better shot of finding 2 more starting caliber WR's than happening to hit on the right TE late.

My other thought is that to win a 14 team league you need to either be lucky at the end of the season or have a reasonably dominant team. In order to do that obviously some chances need to be taken. I'm thinking Gronk may be a solid gamble.
I'd argue that because it's a 14-teamer you don't need to take uneccesary risks - especially at TE. If you knew you could lock up a solid roster at every other spot in, for example, a 10-teamer, then I'd say go for it.

But by investing in Gronk - you miss a starting RB/WR in the 4th round. Plus, you don't have him until Week X. In a 10-team league - absolutely take Gronk. You can get a million quality players every round. 14-teamer... Idk.

The thing about Gronk is that he's being drafted as if he's coming back 100% healthy at some point - which is fine.

But if anyone is an injury risk - it's him. He's huge and has had a million different types of issues. So:

- You don't have him for the early part of the season.
- You have to take him high.
- You don't know how long he'll stay healthy thereafter.

I don't think he's worth it for where he's going honestly. I'd rather take Vernon Davis in the 5th or 6th than Gronk in the 4th.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I suppose you can kind of play it safe, it is tougher to make the playoffs though in a 14 team league since only 6 guys make it. I can only start two RB's and barring something shocking I'll be taking those in two of the top three rounds.

Where taking Gronk would leave me thin in that case is WR. Because there's such a steep drop off after the 12th QB I'm going to try to make sure I get one of the last of the top 12 guys, which will ideally be in the 6th but possibly in the 5th. That would mean WR/QB in rounds 5 and 6, then likely WR/RB in 7 and 8 and then WR/WR in 9 and 10. The thought is that I should be able to hit on a WR3 and hopefully a steady WR2 there along with the WR1 I take early, though. Would likely leave me with good depth but not a lot of good mid-level talent.

I also don't love that mid-range group of WR's I'd be taking in the 3rd/4th and would almost rather take some upside flyers anyway which is really what led me to this.

The other place it hurts is that, since it's tougher to make the playoffs, I may be left too thin in the first couple of weeks of the season and if I lose those it could cost me that spot. Obviously that's a ways away, but I've been able to make the playoffs historically in this one.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I suppose you can kind of play it safe, it is tougher to make the playoffs though in a 14 team league since only 6 guys make it. I can only start two RB's and barring something shocking I'll be taking those in two of the top three rounds.

Where taking Gronk would leave me thin in that case is WR. Because there's such a steep drop off after the 12th QB I'm going to try to make sure I get one of the last of the top 12 guys, which will ideally be in the 6th but possibly in the 5th. That would mean WR/QB in rounds 5 and 6, then likely WR/RB in 7 and 8 and then WR/WR in 9 and 10. The thought is that I should be able to hit on a WR3 and hopefully a steady WR2 there along with the WR1 I take early, though. Would likely leave me with good depth but not a lot of good mid-level talent.

I also don't love that mid-range group of WR's I'd be taking in the 3rd/4th and would almost rather take some upside flyers anyway which is really what led me to this.

The other place it hurts is that, since it's tougher to make the playoffs, I may be left too thin in the first couple of weeks of the season and if I lose those it could cost me that spot. Obviously that's a ways away, but I've been able to make the playoffs historically in this one.
I have the same opinion of those WRs. The only two I like are Torrey Smith and Eric Decker. And since you start only 2 RBs that changes the situation a little.

However, you should always have AT LEAST 1 more RB than you need to start that you can count on. And in a 14 team league that means 28 backs are going to be started each week. That means having good ones is a huge advantage. So I'd argue that taking a 3rd back might be more valuable than Gronk - assuming that 3rd back is someone you like this year.

If any of David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy, or Gio Bernard were there at the 4th round - I'd pull the trigger over Gronk for a 3rd RB.

And a high upside guy I like in that range is also DeSean Jackson.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was proposed a trade, anyways long story short the guy has David Wilson or Frank Gore who I can have in the trade (one or the other).

I already have Morris and Spiller, and can only start 2 RBs (no flex), should I go with the safer Gore or the bigger ceiling in Wilson?

They both have the same bye week (9) , so neither would have the same bye as Morris or Spiller.

Thoughts?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

David Wilson.