Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Josh Gordon vs. Minnesota
Roddy White vs. Miami
Bernard Pierce vs. Houston
Gio Bernard vs. Green Bay

Choose two to fit into my WR3/Flex.
PPR League
Gordon/Gio until Roddy says he's good.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Interesting. Selling low on Wilson but getting a buy low on Ridley. I suppose it depends a lot on your roster and lineups, but I really liked Tannehill coming into the season and love his long term value. Ultimately, in dynasty, I feel like the true value is at QB and WR b/c they have long careers. So I guess it also depends on the "WR+suff" involved. lol
This is my current team (though I added Fleener and dropped Cary Williams). Wish I had a low upside but productive back I could throw at him for Ridley but I really want to get Tanny as my back up as he looks to be developing into a very good player. WR I'd start with Kendall Wright but would go as far as Garcon. I really want to move my WR depth for another RB and a back up QB.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Gordon/Gio until Roddy says he's good.
You think Pierce is a must go if Rice is ruled out though? Over Gio that is.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a flex option in a standard league:

Bowe vs Philly
Ridley vs TB
David Wilson vs Carolina

Leaning towards Bowe or Ridley.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No because they still forgot how to use their RB's. Flacco is elite now, he can carry the team so they have to throw 55 times a game.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 09-18-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And here I thought I was really strong at WR. I can get Antonio Brown thrown in with Charles. Would that be worth it? Or I can get Gonzalez from the person with Spiller and trade him for Bradshaw or Mendenhall. Then it would be like my trading Johnson and BGE for Spiller and Mendenhall/Bradshaw or Charles and Brown. Which is the better trade?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

Bowe vs Philly
Ridley vs TB
David Wilson vs Carolina

I'll go with the only guy to score a TD this season
Old 09-18-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bowe vs Philly
Ridley vs TB
David Wilson vs Carolina

Bowe against that awful secondary.

Don't trust David Wilson until you see the Giants trust him, and the Ridley is going up against a stout run D with Tampa.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
So I am trying to trade Calvin Johnson and BGE for Jamaal Charles. I know it seems like I am losing this trade but I am really strong at receiver (Colston, Boldin, Decker, Miles Austin, Gordon, and Hopkins) while I am really weak at running back (Gore, Moreno, Lacy, Fred Jackson).

I think I am getting a good trade here but the person hasn't agreed yet. My backup plan is Calvin Johnson and BGE for Spiller and Tony Gonzalez/Mike Williams/Charles Clay (my choice), which the person has already agreed to. Obviously the first trade is better but am I coming out okay in both trades here? PPR league, by the way.
Colstons a #2, Boldin and Decker are #3s, Austin/Gordon/Hopkins are all bye week replacements.

Your RBs are solid, your WRs are solid. I'm not sure if there's really an upgrade here or not
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ridley's owner looking to move him. Right now he offered me Ridley for Darryl Richardson and Torrey Smith, which I'm considering but would rather not do since it gives a real shot to my WR depth. Kicking around waiting another week and letting him struggle against Tampa.

My other RB's are Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, MJD, and Roy Helu so I could use the depth and obviously Ridley's a prime bounce back candidate. Other WR's are Jordy, Antonio Brown, Decker, Shorts, and Hilton and I would rather not move Smith, but maybe it's worthwhile. Thoughts on a potential counter?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Derza, with injuries to Bush and MJD plus the possibility of Gore not being as productive as in years past, I would probably consider that trade to land Ridley. You got strong WRs without Smith.

As you mentioned, he probably won't do much vs. Tampa this week though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
This is my current team (though I added Fleener and dropped Cary Williams). Wish I had a low upside but productive back I could throw at him for Ridley but I really want to get Tanny as my back up as he looks to be developing into a very good player. WR I'd start with Kendall Wright but would go as far as Garcon. I really want to move my WR depth for another RB and a back up QB.
With Garcon it's too high for my liking unless you get at least a decent WR in return - or other position, if you like someone the other guy has.

Quote:
I'd play Pierce getting the full workload over Gio. Otherwise, go Gio.

Quote:

Bowe vs Philly
Ridley vs TB
David Wilson vs Carolina

I don't love it w/Alex Smith never hitting WRs, but there's no way I'd sit Bowe with the massive points the Skins DST is giving up.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So it looks like Gronk is out until week 4 and Fleener got snagged before I could get him. Need a TE for one more week.

Rudolph vs Browns
K. Winslow vs Buffalo
Greshem vs Green Bay
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
And here I thought I was really strong at WR. I can get Antonio Brown thrown in with Charles. Would that be worth it? Or I can get Gonzalez from the person with Spiller and trade him for Bradshaw or Mendenhall. Then it would be like my trading Johnson and BGE for Spiller and Mendenhall/Bradshaw or Charles and Brown. Which is the better trade?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Colstons a #2, Boldin and Decker are #3s, Austin/Gordon/Hopkins are all bye week replacements.

Your RBs are solid, your WRs are solid. I'm not sure if there's really an upgrade here or not
I think calling Austin/Gordon/Hopkins bye week guys is a bit harsh. Gordon could be a very good WR if (HUGE IF) that offense can get back to its preseason form. Austin is a solid WR3 who can post a WR1 game AGS. Decker, to me, is a bye week guy regardless of how many outlets want to call him a buy low right now. Hopkins is intriguing . . . I keep calling that Texans team a run first team and they keep looking like they are absolutely not.

Ultimately, I think the trades (any of them, really) look ok but will only move the hole in your starting lineup from RB1 to WR1. Of the bunch, I like Charles and Brown best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Ridley's owner looking to move him. Right now he offered me Ridley for Darryl Richardson and Torrey Smith, which I'm considering but would rather not do since it gives a real shot to my WR depth. Kicking around waiting another week and letting him struggle against Tampa.

My other RB's are Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, MJD, and Roy Helu so I could use the depth and obviously Ridley's a prime bounce back candidate. Other WR's are Jordy, Antonio Brown, Decker, Shorts, and Hilton and I would rather not move Smith, but maybe it's worthwhile. Thoughts on a potential counter?
Richardson and Smith is too much, imo. Torrey is still kind of stuck with no help so he's game-planned out. I really like his target numbers w/8 and 13.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
So it looks like Gronk is out until week 4 and Fleener got snagged before I could get him. Need a TE for one more week.

Rudolph vs Browns
K. Winslow vs Buffalo
Greshem vs Green Bay
Gresham. Best matchup and he's been fairly consistent.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Richardson and Smith is too much, imo. Torrey is still kind of stuck with no help so he's game-planned out. I really like his target numbers w/8 and 13.
I'm with you there, I think it hurts more than it helps long-term. Torrey I really like right now, he's a target monster and in a .5 PPR has been reasonably productive despite not finding the end zone or really doing much in the way of breaking open big plays, which he's bound to do eventually.

Thinking something like Gore/Shorts may be a bit more palatable for me. What he claimed was going to be a sell low has turned into anything but. He definitely wants to move him though, so I'll either find something that works for me or hope he has a quiet game against a stout Tampa front and the price drops.

EDIT: He did just offer Gore/Shorts, so I'm trying to figure out if I want to do that which I think is reasonable or hope Ridley's quiet this week and I can get him for less.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-18-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:

Rudolph vs Browns
K. Winslow vs Buffalo
Greshem vs Green Bay
I like Gresham especially coming off his strong performance on MNF.

P.S. - Don't give up hope on Gronk!!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm with you there, I think it hurts more than it helps long-term. Torrey I really like right now, he's a target monster and in a .5 PPR has been reasonably productive despite not finding the end zone or really doing much in the way of breaking open big plays, which he's bound to do eventually.

Thinking something like Gore/Shorts may be a bit more palatable for me. What he claimed was going to be a sell low has turned into anything but. He definitely wants to move him though, so I'll either find something that works for me or hope he has a quiet game against a stout Tampa front and the price drops.
lol . . . I was thinking the exact same thing. That offer didn't even remotely resemble a buy low.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
lol . . . I was thinking the exact same thing. That offer didn't even remotely resemble a buy low.
I should have known, the guy's been terrible to negotiate with for years but I was hoping some Jets fan bias would have helped me out. The fact that I've gotten the Gore/Shorts for Ridley offer is nothing short of a miracle.

Leaning towards accepting since Shorts is probably my WR6, but not sure if I want to try to get cute and see if Ridley has another quiet week. I think I may just go for it though instead of trying to get too cute.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think calling Hopkins bye week guys is a bit harsh. Hopkins is intriguing . . . I keep calling that Texans team a run first team and they keep looking like they are absolutely not.
So far he hasn't really proved any difference, and no, putting up 60-70 yards and a td against a gassed defense in the last few minutes of the game doesn't count.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I should have known, the guy's been terrible to negotiate with for years but I was hoping some Jets fan bias would have helped me out. The fact that I've gotten the Gore/Shorts for Ridley offer is nothing short of a miracle.

Leaning towards accepting since Shorts is probably my WR6, but not sure if I want to try to get cute and see if Ridley has another quiet week. I think I may just go for it though instead of trying to get too cute.
Ridley it seems is very dependant on the Pats stretching the field and they can't do it without Gronk. Once Gronk comes back Ridley will be fine and start pumping out 120 yard games.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So MJD is looking good (figuratively speaking) to play. Do I bench him for Gio?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hehe didn't use my #2 waiver(now #1) and now I have McGahee

:)

Non PPR Pick 1

Stevie Johnson @ NYJ
David Wilson @ CAR
Darren Sproles vs AZ
Gio Bernard vs GB
Willis McGahee @ MIN

if Andre Johnson sits out then just the RBs

Last edited by fenikz : 09-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.
fenikz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
hehe didn't use my #2 waiver(now #1) and now I have McGahee

:)

Non PPR Pick 1

Stevie Johnson @ NYJ
David Wilson @ CAR
Darren Sproles vs AZ
Gio Bernard vs GB
Willis McGahee vs OAK

if Andre Johnson sits out then just the RBs
Denver is playing Oakland this week. McGahee is on the Browns...
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo! still has him on Denver apparently, fixed.