Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have second priority on the waiver wire, here's my current claim order:

1. Willis McGahee
2. Kendall Wright
3. Jason Snelling
4. James Starks
5. Bobby Rainey
6. Kendall Hunter
7. Robert Turbin

15 team league, any changes I should make?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I have second priority on the waiver wire, here's my current claim order:

1. Willis McGahee
2. Kendall Wright
3. Jason Snelling
4. James Starks
5. Bobby Rainey
6. Kendall Hunter
7. Robert Turbin

15 team league, any changes I should make?
I dropped McGahee for Snelling a couple of hours before the Richardson trade. :( I hope it works out for me.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A trade of Ogbonnaya, Rashard Mendenhall, and Steve Smith for David Wilson, Le'Veon Bell, and Calvin Johnson just got accepted in one of my leagues and the commissioner thinks its "pretty close" in value. This is why I hate playing in fantasy when I'm not the commissioner and can block **** like this.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 09-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Bush being 50/50 I'm going with J. Bell over Garcon in my flex this week.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I have bush in all of my leagues, I just moved him to the bench in favor of Lamar Miller, Reggie Wayne, and Ryan Mathews. If he ends up going, I'll probably swap Mathews back out but with Miller and Wayne as solid alternate options, I'm gonna ride them in those leagues.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Richardson trade, I have to start Starks this week due to limited work + SF, yes?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dropped my backup DB (Weddle) to pick up McGahee. Everybody on reddit was saying to drop the kicker for McGahee, but Janikowski got me 14 points last week; and on that Raiders team, I don't see any reason that he can't put up similar numbers on a somewhat consistent basis.

I'm just a little uneasy because now I only have one bench defensive player in a league where we start 3.

Last edited by WCH : 09-19-2013 at 09:39 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my flex: Torrey Smith, Eddie Royal or TY Hilton? And then at RB do I start Richardson or should I start one of Ben Tate/Bernard Pierce? Standard scoring league, non-PPR

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up McGahee to sit on my bench for however long. And someone finally got impatient enough to drop Heath Miller so I scooped him up too. Funny that it looks like him might play this weekend.

I have Gronk, Heath Miller, and Charles Clay in case neither one of them can go.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
For my flex: Torrey Smith, Eddie Royal or TY Hilton? And then at RB do I start Richardson or should I start one of Ben Tate/Bernard Pierce? Standard scoring league, non-PPR
That's a tough one...I'd lean Royal and then Pierce if Rice doesn't go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Do the Browns officially have McGahee? Either way I'd imagine Rainey/Ogbonnaya get most of the touches this week. Will be interesting to see who plays in catch up mode, where I imagine they'll be most of the year. McGahee's typically been a good but not great pass catcher, pretty much a catch or two per game every year.

Also, Gore and Shorts for Ridley? Shorts is my WR6 in a .5 league where we start 3 wideouts and a flex.
I'd have to think Rainey b/c I don't recall seeing much out of Ogbonanaahyayaa as . . . well, as anything rushing or receiving. But the whole team looks awful, so none of them are worth owning until the offense looks something like what we saw in preseason. Cameron is the only brown worth a roster spot right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
With the news of the trade, would you cut Bradshaw for Chris Ivory, Shane Vereen, Daniel Thomas, Danny Woodhead or grab a backup QB since you only have one and there's a couple decent available?

EDIT: Someone grabbed McGahee already
I agree - get Vereen. I will say that I don't see Ivory as a WW guy, so add him, too, if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Is the Vikings D a must start this weekend after last weeks game and the putrid Browns offense?
Looks that way. I like Hoyer but the Browns looks like . . . the Browns.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
So... Guy #1 trades Terrell Pryor, Deangelo Williams and Torrey Smith to guy #2 for Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall... They are also good friends and work together and guy #2 doesn't know TOO much about football... Oh and guy #1 is guy #2s boss...
Not a good trade but not so bad it should be vetoed. If you don't want stuff like this to happen don't play in leagues with inexperienced owners. If it's a "for fun" league treat it as such, which means you can't take it too seriously. It also means you should be more proactive so you're the one trade raping the dummies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So someone who has Bush is trying to get J. Bell from me. He has Wayne/Cruz which I'm interested in. I have Nicks/Bowe. Should I try and package a WR to upgrade my WR? Those are literally the only two guys on his roster I'm interested in. basically is bell+ nicks for Cruz an even trade?
I would try Nicks/Bell. That's really a decent offer (and even too much, imo) for Cruz. Bell is looking like a lock flex play every week and Nicks is solid, too. There isn't a big difference is the TDs for Nicks v. Cruz. It's TDs, and those will likely spread out more, though Cruz is clearly the stud to own in that offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
tl;dr lol
Top priority has to be your team, which desperately needs a reliable WR. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Wright is that. You have to like him with Britt basically being to daft to earn a huge payday and getting benched. I'd say take Wright. Starks isn't likely to fetch a great return b/c everyone sees him as a one week rental. Snelling will split so his value isn't great, either (though I do like him better than Jaquizz). Unless you are sure you could pull off a trade, I'd pass on Starks. All of which is probably irrelevant, since I just realized it is now Thursday morning. lol . . . . been that kind of week for me.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
A trade of Ogbonnaya, Rashard Mendenhall, and Steve Smith for David Wilson, Le'Veon Bell, and Calvin Johnson just got accepted in one of my leagues and the commissioner thinks its "pretty close" in value. This is why I hate playing in fantasy when I'm not the commissioner and can block **** like this.
Another trade that is not great but not worth a veto. Yes, the team getting Wilson / Calvin / Bell is getting better players but it's not so bad a commish (or the league) should be stopping it. It's not the Commissioner's job to manage teams for owners with less experience. They only learn one way - by doing it. Same as the post I just made - don't like it? Don't play in leagues with inexperienced owners.

Quote:
With Bush being 50/50 I'm going with J. Bell over Garcon in my flex this week.
Why? Rather than start a stud WR you're going to roll with a guy in a potential time share? Both DSTs are giving up points by the truckload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
With the Richardson trade, I have to start Starks this week due to limited work + SF, yes?
Correct.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

The problem is, its not an inexperienced owner, its an 0-2 team giving the 2-0 team their better players while trying to hide it as an "okay" trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I dropped my backup DB (Weddle) to pick up McGahee. Everybody on reddit was saying to drop the kicker for McGahee, but Janikowski got me 14 points last week; and on that Raiders team, I don't see any reason that he can't put up similar numbers on a somewhat consistent basis.

I'm just a little uneasy because now I only have one bench defensive player in a league where we start 3.
You'll be fine. You'd have to drop someone to then add a kicker for Sunday, anyway. Starting 3 IDPs means there's plenty of players on the wire worth starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Ride Royal until he proves he's not worth it. With Rice banged up go with Pierce rather than Trent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I picked up McGahee to sit on my bench for however long. And someone finally got impatient enough to drop Heath Miller so I scooped him up too. Funny that it looks like him might play this weekend.

I have Gronk, Heath Miller, and Charles Clay in case neither one of them can go.
lol . . . people are so strange. Hold Miller for two weeks and then drop him now that he's likely to play? Sure . . .

Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
The problem is, its not an inexperienced owner, its an 0-2 team giving the 2-0 team their better players while trying to hide it as an "okay" trade.
Roster sharing / collusion is another story. It's also impossible to prove. IDK, good luck with it. Both owners should be gone next year if people truly believe they are cheating.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Why? Rather than start a stud WR you're going to roll with a guy in a potential time share? Both DSTs are giving up points by the
BECAUSE I'M A PROJECTION *****!!!

There's actually two guys who need a RB and the other guy has DT88 and DJAX.

Seriously though think I can sneak in Ben Tate in that trade? Bell+ Nicks for Cruz+ Tate?

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-19-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
BECAUSE I'M A PROJECTION *****!!!

There's actually two guys who need a RB and the other guy has DT88 and DJAX.

Seriously though think I can sneak in Ben Tate in that trade? Bell+ Nicks for Cruz+ Tate?
Doubt it, but if he's trying to get Bell make an offer an see where it goes.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm just wondering who I'd rather target out of DJAX or Cruz. Probably Cruz.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm just wondering who I'd rather target out of DJAX or Cruz. Probably Cruz.
Cruz is safer and will likely be cheaper. Desean is less likely to keep up his monster pace. Tell the owner you like both and see if he has a preference.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So I won the lacy bid, but now someone dropped Vereen and I don't have room for him. I need to drop Winslow for
Greshem for one game and the rest of my bench looks like this.

MJD
Gordon
Hilton
Tompkins
Bell
Greshem (this week only)
Lacy
Old 09-19-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
So I won the lacy bid, but now someone dropped Vereen and I don't have room for him. I need to drop Winslow for
Greshem for one game and the rest of my bench looks like this.

MJD
Gordon
Hilton
Tompkins
Bell
Greshem (this week only)
Lacy
Thompkins has looked like JAG to me the entire preseason and through 2 games. Drop him or try to wait until next week when you can drop Gresham.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you cut either Montee Ball or Chris Ivory for Le'Veon Bell?

My team is currently 2-0, I have a good team but loaded up on WR and took QB and TE earlier than I usually do so RB is my weak point. I am currently playing matchups with Chris Johnson, DeAngelo, Ivory, Ball, Mathews, and Bernard. It's not a flex or I wouldn't have went WR heavy. Not PPR either.

I doubt I'd start Ball or Ivory unless it's on a bye week or they just explode. But if I wait a few weeks on Bell, he could be a solid starter. Should I go for it?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierce or T.Rich this week?

Also would y'all accept this? Andre Johnson/Ray Rice for Doug Martin?

Other RBs on my roster are Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, Daryl Richardson, and Pierce.

WRs are Bowe, Royal, Hopkins, Steve Johnson, Roddy, Tavon

Last edited by dunagan15 : 09-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Clark was dropped do I go Greshem vs GB or Clark vs Houston?