Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-27-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Who'd you rather have Wayne or Nelson?
Wayne should be more consistent but Jordy is going to blow up at least 1 out of 3 games. It depends on your other WR to be honest. If its the Wayne, Garcon, Decker team I think you stick with Wayne since Garcon and Decker are going to be like Jordy.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Would you go with Gordon over Edelman since it seems Gronk and Amendola are still going to miss this game?
Yup....plus this report just came out....

Now I don't know what to think on Gronk.

Quote:
Citing a source, the Boston Globe reports Rob Gronkowski (questionable, back) and Danny Amendola (questionable, groin) are both tentatively expected to play Sunday night against the Falcons.
We're not sure what to think at this point; Profootballtalk.com reported Thursday Gronkowski was unlikely to face the Falcons, while beat writers throughout the week have operated as if Amendola needs one more week off. "As of today, they are playing," the source told the Globe. "But a lot of time between now and Sunday night." We hope to get some clarity on the situation Saturday, when injury-report players are often downgraded to out if they don't make the trip. Sunday night's game against the Falcons will be in the Georgia Dome.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BT1215 ALL IN BROTHER

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Would you go with Gordon over Edelman since it seems Gronk and Amendola are still going to miss this game?
Gordon either way. Far more upside. Unless it's ppr, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Who'd you rather have Wayne or Nelson?
Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'm currently starting Jared Cook at TE and got offered Greg Olsen and Kenbrell Thompkins for Cecil Shorts. I'd have to drop Roy Helu to do it. I'm typically not a huge trade guy, but seems solid - no? I'd just have to figure out a way to get rid of Cook.
Do it. Shorts will be maddening, I think. Thompkins may not be much better but the Pats offense will be far more productive than Jax. Getting a TE in the mix is just bonus.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Good sirs, I present to you my QB quanundrum this week.

Eli vs. KC (owned)
EJ vs. Baltimore (owned)
Alex Smith vs. NYG (FA)

Yes, my QB situation blows.
EJ or Eli. It's weird, but I think EJ is safer but Eli is all upside. The Giants are not as bad as they looked last week, that's a certainty. I'd go all in on Coughlin this week, tbh. He'll be brutal on that team after laying a monster egg.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Tate or Stephen Hill for my flex spot?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go Eli I think. Definitely the highest upside, though the thought of what that Chiefs defense could do to them after seeing last week makes it a much harder call.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2:

Vincent Jackson
Roddy White
Hakeem Nicks
Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent started Julius Thomas yet but I'm dying to get him in my lineup this week against the Eagles. I can start him in my flex if need be. Frank Gore already played for me so who should I take out if anyone.

Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce (whoever starts) @ Buffalo
DeMarco Murray @ San Diego
Jason Witten @ San Diego
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Pick 2:

Vincent Jackson
Roddy White
Hakeem Nicks
After reading that White said he'll "gut it out" again this week, go with V-Jax and Nicks.

Jughead: I think you need to start Pierce if Rice is inactive as our run D absolutely blows.

It's a tough choice, but I don't see how you can bench Witten or Murray. San Diego's defense is dreadful.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 09-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
After reading that White said he'll "gut it out" again this week, go with V-Jax and Nicks.

Jughead: I think you need to start Pierce if Rice is inactive as our run D absolutely blows.

It's a tough choice, but I don't see how you can bench Witten or Murray. San Diego's defense is dreadful.
Thanks. I'm leaning towards keeping Thomas on the bench as is. I picked him after that first Thursday game and haven't started him yet. Such a waste. But at least no one else has him.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

That depth will pay off in your major bye weeks at least.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
EJ or Eli. It's weird, but I think EJ is safer but Eli is all upside. The Giants are not as bad as they looked last week, that's a certainty. I'd go all in on Coughlin this week, tbh. He'll be brutal on that team after laying a monster egg.
Eli or Cutler?
Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though we're sitting in third place in a 12 team IDP league, my co-manager was getting antsy and wanted to make some changes, so I figured I'd nip that in the bud. I made these changes:

Released Sebastian Janikowski, picked up Caleb Sturgis.
Released Green Bay, picked up Kansas City.
Released Jerod Mayo, picked up Justin Houston.
Released Lavonte David, picked up Mark Barron (this lets me move Tillman to the bench until he's healthy or I need the roster spot).

My defense now looks like this:

DEF: Kansas City
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Justin Houston
DB: Mark Barron

I'm not convinced that Houston's best stat lines aren't already behind him this season, but he's been such a beast that I figure he's worth a chance. If it doesn't work out, there's no shortage of ILB's that I could pick up.

I didn't do anything stupid, did I? I dropped Janikowski for Sturgis sight unseen based on stats. Is he the real deal?

Last edited by WCH : 09-28-2013 at 08:16 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Also would the Texans D be a good stash? I think they get better.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Even though we're sitting in third place in a 12 team IDP league, my co-manager was getting antsy and wanted to make some changes, so I figured I'd nip that in the bud. I made these changes:

Released Sebastian Janikowski, picked up Caleb Sturgis.
Released Green Bay, picked up Kansas City.
Released Jerod Mayo, picked up Justin Houston.
Released Lavonte David, picked up Mark Barron (this lets me move Tillman to the bench until he's healthy or I need the roster spot).

My defense now looks like this:

DEF: Kansas City
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Justin Houston
DB: Mark Barron

I'm not convinced that Houston's best stat lines aren't already behind him this season, but he's been such a beast that I figure he's worth a chance. If it doesn't work out, there's no shortage of ILB's that I could pick up.

I didn't do anything stupid, did I? I dropped Janikowski for Sturgis sight unseen based on stats. Is he the real deal?
Sturgis has been fantastic so far. He's nailed everything right down the middle, including his 50+ yard kicks and a 50+ that didn't count because of a timeout.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So apparently Gronk is questioning his own return.

Quote:
The Boston Herald reports there is a "disagreement" between the Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's (questionable, back/arm) camp on whether he is ready to play in football games.

Per the Herald's Jeff Howe, the Patriots "believe Gronkowski is healthy enough" to make his season debut Sunday night. Meanwhile, Gronk and his agent are "wary about returning too soon," especially after he returned early from a fractured forearm last year, only to re-break it in the playoffs. The "divide" has reportedly been ongoing since training camp, when the Pats thought Gronkowski could be back by Week 2, while Gronk's camp "was eyeing a target date closer to Week 6." We tentatively expect some clarification on Gronk's availability by tonight, when the Patriots announce which "questionable" players have made the trip to Atlanta. Sep 28 - 10:49 AM
Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Do it. Shorts will be maddening, I think. Thompkins may not be much better but the Pats offense will be far more productive than Jax. Getting a TE in the mix is just bonus.
Went with it. Now just hoping I can move Cook somewhere and move one of my WR's for additional RB depth.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-28-2013 at 12:55 PM.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna have to pick whether or not to start Gronk before Heath Miller plays tomorrow. Hopefully we get more info soon.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Gonna have to pick whether or not to start Gronk before Heath Miller plays tomorrow. Hopefully we get more info soon.
Same with Greshem. I think we hear if he's going to play tomorrow morning
Old 09-28-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Gronk you're a *****.

SiriusXM Fantasy ?@SiriusXMFantasy 32s
FANTASY BREAKING NEWS: MT @AdamSchefter #Patriots Gronkowski & Amendola did not travel to Atlanta & will not play Sunday night vs #Falcons
Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Streeter vs Washington
Marlon brown vs buffalo.

1 point PPR.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Streeter vs Washington
Marlon brown vs buffalo.

1 point PPR.
Brown for me
Old 09-28-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

No Gronk again. Boooo

Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't decide which of CJ Spiller, Bernard Pierce and DeMarco Murray to start. I only get two :( then I have to decide between Victor Cruz and Stevie Johnson. The worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote