Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-04-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2QB seems like an easy case of have and have-nots to me. Scoring is so heavily skewed to QBs these days that your draft position can hamstring your team far more than any other format. Don't love the idea but I'm sure I'd give it a shot at the right price. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone laughed when I drafted Philip Rivers in the 5th round.(17 round draft) I knew he would bounce back with Mike McCoy.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opponent this week only has one active RB for this week, but he hasn't picked anybody up yet. LeGarrette Blount is the only starter-esque back available in Free Agency. My league rules allow me to drop McGahee, sending him to waivers, and pick up Blount.

I should be a dick and do that, right?
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you care about winning... and McGahee isn't crucial to your team.

Also what league allows you to drop a player that already played.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not even being a dick, your opponent is an idiot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Everyone laughed when I drafted Philip Rivers in the 5th round.(17 round draft) I knew he would bounce back with Mike McCoy.
Well, to be fair to "everyone," they were laughing because you drafted him at least 5 rounds early. I recommend a bit more mock drafting in the week or two leading up to the real thing. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
My opponent this week only has one active RB for this week, but he hasn't picked anybody up yet. LeGarrette Blount is the only starter-esque back available in Free Agency. My league rules allow me to drop McGahee, sending him to waivers, and pick up Blount.

I should be a dick and do that, right?
Weird rules . . . dropping a player who has already played is the really wrong part of this conversation, tbh. Locking up a players is gamesmanship. I don't think you're even being a dick.

I do, however, like the value of McGahee in a now decent looking Browns offense (especially since he'll get into "football" shape and get a bit better) more than the value of Blount. Dropping McGahee might be a bad idea since the competition for touches in Cleveland is flat-out awful, while the competition in NE is quite good.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I pull off a trade for Amendola (involving useless MJD and Bowe) do I start him over Wayne?

My buddy called me a dick for picking up Blair Walsh because he dropped him and was going to pick him back up. I don't feel bad for picking up the most consistent kicker in the game.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
If I pull off a trade for Amendola (involving useless MJD and Bowe) do I start him over Wayne?

My buddy called me a dick for picking up Blair Walsh because he dropped him and was going to pick him back up. I don't feel bad for picking up the most consistent kicker in the game.
I'm not playing Amendola this week either way. Way too risky. Wayne is a solid option to get you a consistent 7-10 with TD upside. Amendola could go one play and limp off.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy has Shady but also has Morris and Ridley and nothing else. I'm trying to offer him Lynch/Wayne for Shady and he won't bite. I even threw in MJD only asked for VJAX I return. He wants to but doesn't want to give up shady. My team would be pretty unbeatable if I got him.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FE - is there a chance Blount takes Ridley's job with a solid performance? Looks like he's come on for the last couple weeks and it seems for whatever reason Ridley is in the doghouse.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Well, to be fair to "everyone," they were laughing because you drafted him at least 5 rounds early. I recommend a bit more mock drafting in the week or two leading up to the real thing. ;)

There is a Charger homer at work who got pissed because he was slated to take him. So when I picked Rivers at work, everyone laughed except for him.

Say what you will, but Rivers has been winning me games.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
There is a Charger homer at work who got pissed because he was slated to take him. So when I picked Rivers at work, everyone laughed except for him.

Say what you will, but Rivers has been winning me games.
No one is laughing that you drafted him. It's just in normal circumstances you could have gotten him in the 10th.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
No one is laughing that you drafted him. It's just in normal circumstances you could have gotten him in the 10th.
Agreed.

Everyone took QB's early. 2 QB league so i had to jump on it or be left with a Weeden type.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pick 1
Sproles @ Chi
Bernard vs NE
Wilson vs Phi

non-PPR

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
pick 1
Sproles @ Chi
Bernard vs NE
Wilson vs Phi

non-PPR
Gonna be honest here, I have absolutely no idea.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
pick 1
Sproles @ Chi
Bernard vs NE
Wilson vs Phi

non-PPR
The heart tells me Sproles, the gut tells me Gio
Old 10-05-2013, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to go Sproles man and it's not even close. Gio has been highly reliable this year, but I can already imagine NE taking an early lead and forcing Dalton to play catch up. On the other hand, Sunday is suppose to be an extremely favorable match up for Wilson, having been hailed as "the game he finally breaks loose." He's done nothing to justify the aforementioned, regardless of his opponent. While Sproles may come back down to earth after his monster performance last week, he is still by and large the Saints best weapon and extremely versatile especially if the game turns into a shoot out.

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 10-05-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look for Brees to try and build on his rapport with Sproles. While he's been extremely mediocre in non-PPR's for the majority of the season, I firmly believe that last week by all indications was a harbinger of positive things to come.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers and James Jones for tannehill and v-jax. What do you guys think? I already have Brees so i dont really need rivers and I'm looking for a wr upgrade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Rivers and James Jones for tannehill and v-jax. What do you guys think? I already have Brees so i dont really need rivers and I'm looking for a wr upgrade.
With Mike Glennon at QB, I think Vincent Jackson has less value than James Jones.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick one flex:
MJD @ STL
Kenbrell @ CIN
Blount @ CIN

Pick two RB's:
Trent Richardson vs. SEA
Lamar Miller vs. BAL
David Wilson vs. PHI
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Pick one flex:
MJD @ STL
Kenbrell @ CIN
Blount @ CIN

Pick two RB's:
Trent Richardson vs. SEA
Lamar Miller vs. BAL
David Wilson vs. PHI
Flex-MJD

RB-Trent (come on man!)/Wilson
Old 10-05-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reuben Randle was dropped. Do I put in a claim for him and drop Kendall Wright or Ryan Broyles?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Flex-MJD

RB-Trent (come on man!)/Wilson
Yeah I knew I was starting Trent, just curious if anyone felt differently on that one.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Reuben Randle was dropped. Do I put in a claim for him and drop Kendall Wright or Ryan Broyles?
I don't see why you would. I'd never start him over those guys.