Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not sure i'd drop anyone you have for either chiefs rb. not yet, at least.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep an eye out for David Nelson. Obviously he had a nice 10-catch game with a score, but his target numbers are pretty much even with Stevie Johnson. Nelson is a big target who dominates slot work with Parrish out. Favorite target of Fitzpatrick, especially on 3rd down. Finally started getting redzone looks late last year and has touchdowns in 4 of his last 5 full games dating back to last year. I've been really excited since we picked him up undrafted after being underused at Florida, he's been a really nice find and has a big role in our spread out offense.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like nicks is a go tonight.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Keep an eye out for David Nelson. Obviously he had a nice 10-catch game with a score, but his target numbers are pretty much even with Stevie Johnson. Nelson is a big target who dominates slot work with Parrish out. Favorite target of Fitzpatrick, especially on 3rd down. Finally started getting redzone looks late last year and has touchdowns in 4 of his last 5 full games dating back to last year. I've been really excited since we picked him up undrafted after being underused at Florida, he's been a really nice find and has a big role in our spread out offense.
Excellent post. This type of insight can really help people.

In other news, Ben Tate has been announced as the primary back in Houston "for now." It seems that until Foster is fully healed, Tate will get 20+ touches as the bell cow. Kubiak also praised his pass protection and receiving skills.

I drafted him in the 10th round and Eric Decker in the 13th round. Unfortunately, I'm 0-2 and also drafted DeAngelo Williams and Mark Ingram.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ingram is a victim of misuse by sean payton/the saints 3-headed monster. it's just too obvious what the play call will be every time he comes in, especially inside the 20. if ingram started to get mixed in on some passing plays and downs, i think his ypc would improve. but right now, he's probably seeing lots of 8 man fronts.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please kill clock here giants. i cant have kenny phillips do much more of anything.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
ive got miles austin going down on injury. considering targeting nelson on the waivers. also have steve johnson but i feel like they both could have big games against the pats. between him and decker. meachum is my current backup but not crazy about him this upcoming week
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: I have Josh Freeman & Kyle orton at QB. Neither has had great fantasy numbers, Should I try and trade for a Matt Shaub or Matt Stafford?

This is what I have to work with-

QB-Josh Freeman Kyle Orton
RB-Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower, Jonathan Stewart
WR-Kenny Britt, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams (TB), MSW
TE- Gronkowski, Greg Olson
D-Chargers
K- Gould

PPR league/ No flex.

only 14 players per roster so FA is deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 09-20-2011 at 03:50 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

i would tell you to try to trade foster but it would be sell low right now. even if he had a good game against miami, i'd still probably want to move him. tate is running really well and best case scenario is a rbbc. in this case i'd probably trade one of your qbs with someone else (maybe stewart, but he's not that great) for schaub since he's off to a slowish start.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok. i'm just gonna say it.

i like the medal winning thing yahoo does. i want to make a trade just to get the medal.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Felix Jones. And I just found out he has 9 career TDs in 38 games. That's a TD every...4...games.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, who's a higher ranking pick-up for you guys, OAK WR Denarius Moore or BUF WR David Nelson?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arian Foster for Mike Vick?... My other backs are Forte, Hightower and Stewart.. I think I can get James Starks for a trade of Greg Olson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I start Matt Ryan or Cam Newton this week?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Arian Foster for Mike Vick?... My other backs are Forte, Hightower and Stewart.. I think I can get James Starks for a trade of Greg Olson.
i like the trade but it makes your rb's really weak. plus vick is concussed, so hold off on him until you know how many games (if any) he'll miss. also, if you can get a rb for freeman in this scenario, that'd really make it easier for you to move foster (from my p.o.v.). some others might disagree there, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Should I start Matt Ryan or Cam Newton this week?
i kind of like newton against jacksonville. hasselbeck and sanchez both had solid games against them and newton has been fire so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Also, who's a higher ranking pick-up for you guys, OAK WR Denarius Moore or BUF WR David Nelson?
i'm big on denarius moore, but the only team i have him on is in my 16 team league and i'm not starting him until he has another big game or puts up numbers with ford and dhb healthy. right now nelson is the safe bet, but i think moore has way more upside. depends on if you need one to start this week.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman vs ATL
or
Fitzgerald vs NE

due to Vick's concussion

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Freeman vs ATL
or
Fitzgerald vs NE

due to Vick's concussion
Easy. Touchdowns everywhere.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I was offered Ben Tate for Darren Sproles. I'd give up Sproles.

Good? Bad?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was offered Ben Tate for Darren Sproles. I'd give up Sproles.

Good? Bad?
Depends on your roster and scoring, but I would tend to say good. Spoles will light up PPR though.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Depends on your roster and scoring, but I would tend to say good. Spoles will light up PPR though.
Yeah, it's 1 PPR.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it's 1 PPR.
Personally I think I keep Sproles. If we knew Tate would be the RB1 all year I would do it, but that is a big question mark right now.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thinking about dropping Pierre Garcon for Denarius Moore opinions?

was a huge fan of Moore at Tennessee, I don't see anyway that he doesn't become the #2(when Jones returns) WR

Eric Deckerzzz also an option

Thomas Jones also available but it's PPR

Danny Amendola as well, I can wait out his injury huge bench

and Cam Newton, have Rivers as my starter but no backup currently

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Personally I think I keep Sproles. If we knew Tate would be the RB1 all year I would do it, but that is a big question mark right now.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I think I'll keep him for now, as of right now I expect Tate to start for a game or two and that's it.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly makes anyone think Tate WON'T be the RB1 for at least the large majority of the season?

Foster has tried to play TWICE on a gimpy hamstring in the past month and has re-aggravated it both times.

There is no reason to believe they'll relinquish Tate's role given Kubiak's comments, Foster's situation, and simply, the film.

The Texans are rolling just fine with Tate and will rest Foster until he is TRULY 100%.

When that is - is anyone's guess but just know that hamstrings are tricky. Hamstrings that keep flaring up are especially tricky.

I'd trade Sproles for Tate in a heartbeat.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What exactly makes anyone think Tate WON'T be the RB1 for at least the large majority of the season?

Foster has tried to play TWICE on a gimpy hamstring in the past month and has re-aggravated it both times.

There is no reason to believe they'll relinquish Tate's role given Kubiak's comments, Foster's situation, and simply, the film.

The Texans are rolling just fine with Tate and will rest Foster until he is TRULY 100%.

When that is - is anyone's guess but just know that hamstrings are tricky. Hamstrings that keep flaring up are especially tricky.

I'd trade Sproles for Tate in a heartbeat.
In PPR, I think you're crazy. Sproles will catch around 100 balls this year. Also, lets say the hammy is real bad, close to worst case scenario, and Foster is out 8 weeks. If Foster is healthy, he will get at least 50% of the carries. I see Tate's value ranging somewhere from un-startable to in a RBBC for playoffs. Now, yes you do need to get to playoffs, but in PPR Tate just isn't much of an upgrade considering the risk attached to him.

Last edited by Rob S : 09-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote