Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
scum. scum. scum.

Good lord I hope AP's boy can recover.
I said to Grizz that I would not want to be the Boyfriend as AP coming after you is scary as hell. Both financially and physically speaking.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Gronk still not medically cleared. FML for passing on Jordan Cameron
It's starting to look like it will be a big mess and could culminate with Gronk on IR. I can only hope that the whole thing doesn't become an issue between the team and Gronk, where he blames the organization. Ultimately, both parties have information on options surgically and the responsibility lies with both. That isn't always how things get portrayed, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's starting to look like it will be a big mess and could culminate with Gronk on IR. I can only hope that the whole thing doesn't become an issue between the team and Gronk, where he blames the organization. Ultimately, both parties have information on options surgically and the responsibility lies with both. That isn't always how things get portrayed, though.
I need to make a trade then. I can't keep rolling with Greshem every week.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I said to Grizz that I would not want to be the Boyfriend as AP coming after you is scary as hell. Both financially and physically speaking.
The early reports include very frightening terms. "Unresponsive" and "severe head injuries" don't bode well for a child. There is no punishment severe enough, regardless of the boyfriend's history.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I need to make a trade then. I can't keep rolling with Greshem every week.
The recent stuff is basically saying that there's concern the forearm bone is / has been weakened by the plate and resulting infection from last year's surgery. If he's not cleared by Andrews b/c the bone is not strong enough, I don't see how that will change over a few weeks. Then again, I'm not a doctor, and don't pretend to have detailed knowledge of bone health.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a guy saying he'll trade me Witten/Richardson for Gronk/a running back. Problem is I'm not trading Forte or Lynch. I'll trade him Lacy but that's not fair and will get vetoed.

Edit: he was talking about D. Richardson. So he agreed to Gronk/Lacy for Witten/DRICH. I think I come out ahead in that seeing the way the Gronk situation is. Plus I have Romo so double points!

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 10-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The early reports include very frightening terms. "Unresponsive" and "severe head injuries" don't bode well for a child. There is no punishment severe enough, regardless of the boyfriend's history.
Straight to the gallows. Either way, this dude is gonna get his just desserts in jail.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost traded for Gronk a couple weeks ago but wound up with Julius Thomas instead. Was sad at the time but looks good now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk....I hate you.

That is all.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD told reporters he will without a doubt play against Carolina. per rotoworld.

also, with Miles Austin playing this week do I still start Twill vs WAS? my other options are Donald Brown (vs SD) and Stevan Ridley (vs NO). I was leaning Ridley until I found out Gronk isn't playing
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Gronk still might play.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gronk still might play.
I know it's still possible but the fact that he isn't cleared yet on Friday is not looking good.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Gronk still might play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I know it's still possible but the fact that he isn't cleared yet on Friday is not looking good.
I have Fleener in the two leagues I have Gronk. If he's available he's a good add. You have to keep in mind that Pats/Saints play at 4pm and a replacement (if you're waiting until the last minute) has to come from a late game or Monday.

I suspect we'll know before Sunday, but this game isn't away for NE so we won't have the obvious tell of "didn't make the trip" this time.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I have a guy saying he'll trade me Witten/Richardson for Gronk/a running back. Problem is I'm not trading Forte or Lynch. I'll trade him Lacy but that's not fair and will get vetoed.

Edit: he was talking about D. Richardson. So he agreed to Gronk/Lacy for Witten/DRICH. I think I come out ahead in that seeing the way the Gronk situation is. Plus I have Romo so double points!
It's worth it. We know what Witten is. Gronk is a mystery. Why would he give up Witten? Does he have another good TE or is he thinking he knows more than everyone else?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drafted Gronk, and to back him up I drafted Gates and Jordan Cameron.

Gronk is still on my team and Jordan Cameron is starting until futher notice but I've been fielding offers from Gronk. I've gotten offered Fitzgerald, and FreddyJack/Woodhead. I feel like I can hold onto Gronk until he returns because of Jordan Cameron. I'm 3-2.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I got Heath Miller and Fleener as backups to Gronk.

Might have to roll with both (1 in a flex) this week if Gronk doesn't go.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you trade Gates already too? I feel like you could get great value for him and Gronk. I'd honestly rather have Cameron over anyone not named Jimmy Graham (and maybe Julius Thomas) at this point and for the rest of the season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I drafted Gronk, and to back him up I drafted Gates and Jordan Cameron.

Gronk is still on my team and Jordan Cameron is starting until futher notice but I've been fielding offers from Gronk. I've gotten offered Fitzgerald, and FreddyJack/Woodhead. I feel like I can hold onto Gronk until he returns because of Jordan Cameron. I'm 3-2.
Are you able to start 2 TEs? If not, you definitely should be looking into trading one of them, if not two. Honestly, if you can get something that good for Gronk you should take it. That's like free money at this point. lol

Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Standard League, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 FLEX:

Chris Johnson vs. SEA
C.J. Spiller vs Cin
Darren Sproles vs. NE

Antonio Brown vs. NYJ
Reggie Wayne vs. SD
Greg Jennings vs. Car

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Standard League, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 FLEX:

Chris Johnson vs. SEA
C.J. Spiller vs Cin
Darren Sproles vs. NE

Antonio Brown vs. NYJ
Reggie Wayne vs. SD
Greg Jennings vs. Car
That's a tough one. I have Spiller and CJ?K in one league and I am hating life.

Sproles is a must start. I don't see the Pats being able to stop him and Graham and believe the focus will be on Jimmy.

I'd likely go Wayne and Spiller as the other two. Brown is interesting but I can see the pressure killing Ben and Cro locking down Brown.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to start Wayne against SD's awful secondary. I'd go Sproles/Brown for the other two personally.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
That's a tough one. I have Spiller and CJ?K in one league and I am hating life.

Sproles is a must start. I don't see the Pats being able to stop him and Graham and believe the focus will be on Jimmy.

I'd likely go Wayne and Spiller as the other two. Brown is interesting but I can see the pressure killing Ben and Cro locking down Brown.
Yea, this league has been tough to pick. Pretty much every week, whoever I've played, the other guys produce. It's been maddening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
It's worth it. We know what Witten is. Gronk is a mystery. Why would he give up Witten? Does he have another good TE or is he thinking he knows more than everyone else?
He has no other tight ends on his roster. I assume he hasn't read the news lately. I feel bad I might just drop Greshem for him to pick up..
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Prayers are with him and his family

Quote:
The 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has died.

Police in South Dakota confirmed to Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that the 2-year-old boy died, days after he was allegedly beaten by his mother’s boyfriend. Robert Joseph Patterson was arrested on charges of aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault, and the state’s attorney is now reviewing the matter for possible additional charges.

The names of the boy and his mother are being withheld, at the family’s request. Peterson briefly addressed reporters today and asked for privacy for his family.

Peterson, the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player, plans to play on Sunday.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-son-has-died/
Old 10-11-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So my trade of Gronk/Witten got accepted today before the news he wasn't playing came out. It can't go through unless a league vote approves it (dumb I know) but I'm afraid it gets vetoed based on the news that Gronk is out and they see that guy has no backup TE.