Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm never sitting Josh Gordon again. I don't care if I have to sit Wayne/Garcon/Decker he's my most consistent WR
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was offered Alfred Morris for Gronk.

My team:

QB: Griffin, Kapernick
RB: Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Le'Veon Bell, Joique Bell
WR: Randall Cobb, VJax, Emmanuel Sanders, DeAndre Hopkins, Harry Douglas, Terrance Williams
TE: Gronk, Cameron

What to do?

I was thinking about holding onto Gronk because Jackson comes back next week. If anything, trade Gronk/Cameron for a WR with my lack of depth and the health concern of Cobb.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm never sitting Josh Gordon again. I don't care if I have to sit Wayne/Garcon/Decker he's my most consistent WR
You sat Josh Gordon?!

Damn it Bert.

And TJ - I say you do it. You should be able to trust Cameron and your RBs needs another stud especially during SJax's absence.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You sat Josh Gordon?!

Damn it Bert.

And TJ - I say you do it. You should be able to trust Cameron and your RBs needs another stud especially during SJax's absence.
I'm trying to trade one of Wayne/Decker so I can start Gordon. Garcon will just continue to get targets.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should be able to get a nice return on either one of those WRs. Hope for a big game for Wayne and then see what you can get.

Randall Cobb owner - check his team.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You sat Josh Gordon?!

Damn it Bert.

But the thing is I waited Jackson's injury out so far. I'm 3-3, 5th in the league. We only start 1 RB 1 Flex 2 WR 1 TE.

Lineup now:
Kaepernick
Martin
Le'Veon
Cobb
VJax
Cameron

Lineup next week:
Kaepernick/RG3
Martin
SJax
Cobb*
VJax
Gronk

With both Steven Jackson and Gronk returning to my lineup, do I need to make a deal for a RB like Morris right now? Where does Morris fit in? As much as I've loved Cameron this year, he's no Gronk. I tend to trust Le'Veon Bell moving forward as a backup option. His first game (2 TDs) was his debut and then he ran against the Jets which no one has been able to do.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 10-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Do you need to? No. I was just looking at it as you have Cameron and if you are comfortable rolling with him, you can never have enough quality RBs. At the same time, S-Jax should be back soon and like you said, you already waited it out this long. Same thing goes for Gronk.

I'm a Gronk owner as well, and I'm growing impatient even though I have some quality backups. Right now, If I was offered Alfred, I might accept it because I'm not sure what is going to change between now and next week and the week after if he "doesn't feel comfortable with his repaired forearm" especially since he has been practicing all season.

Maybe wait another week and hope he is back?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm totally selling high on Ridley. It feels like I've been waiting forever for him to have a week like this.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ, I don't like Morris and I think you could fetch something better for Gronk. Although I would hopefully wait until he comes back.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

The offer is only waiting for me to accept or decline and I told the owner that I won't be looking at the offer until Tuesday. That buys me some time to get news on Cobb's injury and hopefully something a little more reassuring with Gronk's status this week. I drafted Gronk in the 7th round, waited out his injury, and rode out Steven Jackson's injury. Broke even during that time, and the prospect of starting the lineup I drafted two months ago in week is more appealing to me than to trade for another option rather than an unquestioned starter. Morris hasn't been the same back he was drafted to be in fantasy this year.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
You should be able to get a nice return on either one of those WRs. Hope for a big game for Wayne and then see what you can get.

Randall Cobb owner - check his team.
Here's my problem. If I trade him I don't Think I can get anyone better that can start on my team...

This is a 12 team PPR

RB-Forte/Lynch/MJD/DRICH
WR-Wayne/Garcon/Decker/Gordon/Hilton/Bowe
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you start a TE at the flex or is it RB/WR only?

If you can, absolutely do not trade Gronkowski. He can put up more points than Morris and be more consistent.

If you can't, there's no point in keeping both Gronkowski and Cameron.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

If you can, absolutely do not trade Gronkowski. He can put up more points than Morris and be more consistent.

Exactly.
Gronk is an animal when he's on the field. He has even more value with it being a PPR league. I like Gronk and like you said, you've waited this long. Hold on to him and reap the rewards that come with your patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

Strictly RB/WR. I would like to keep both Gronk and Cameron until I know what Gronk's status is. I have no problem trading one but until there's clarity, I also have no problem being patient. I'm not in terrible shape at 3-3 as the 5th seed (top 4 make playoffs).

Also, how likely is it that Gates is held to no catches? I'm up 82.5 - 82. I should be looking at this as a loss right?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then hold on to them both until you know what's up with Gronkowski. Cameron's value probably won't go down at all.

Antonio Gates has played just one game in career that he was held without a catch. So yeah.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Graham made me sad.

And now him and Brees are on a bye and of course I don't have backups for those two but I don't want to drop anyone and waaahhhhhh
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Jimmy Graham made me sad.

And now him and Brees are on a bye and of course I don't have backups for those two but I don't want to drop anyone and waaahhhhhh
I've got Graham and Brees too! Luckily the rest of my team picked up the slack and I won.

What's your full team look like? I'll try to help

EDIT: Also, is it safe to drop Ben Tate? I can't decide on whether or not I should hold onto him. I was also considering dropping Jared Cook for Jordan Reed at TE (Graham is my #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 10-14-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So the guy who has Cobb also has Amendola. Double knock out. Here's his roster.

QB-Rodgers
RB-Spiller/Moreno/Ellington/Bolden
WR-Cobb/Amendola/Hankerson/Wallace/Woods/Avery/Kerley
TE-Julius/McGrath

My roster

QB-Romo
RB-Forte/Lynch/MJD/DRICH
TE-Witten/Cumberland

What could I offer him that I could get back to help me? I'd love Julius from him. A WR and Witten for Julius?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Dropping Joique Bell for Andre Ellington. Thoughts?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I've got Graham and Brees too! Luckily the rest of my team picked up the slack and I won.

What's your full team look like? I'll try to help
Half of my roster is a rotating group of WR3-4 types as I need to start three and don't have any consistent options after Dez. David Wilson and Chris Johnson are hanging out being their useless selves on the bench. I'm putting out feelers right now involving a RB+WR for a solid starter and bench spot. It is a keeper league.

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Chris Johnson, David Wilson
WR: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, TY Hilton, Anquan Boldin, Cecil Shorts, Keenan Allen, Rueben Randle
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: Denver
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
So the guy who has Cobb also has Amendola. Double knock out. Here's his roster.

QB-Rodgers
RB-Spiller/Moreno/Ellington/Bolden
WR-Cobb/Amendola/Hankerson/Wallace/Woods/Avery/Kerley
TE-Julius/McGrath

My roster

QB-Romo
RB-Forte/Lynch/MJD/DRICH
TE-Witten/Cumberland

What could I offer him that I could get back to help me? I'd love Julius from him. A WR and Witten for Julius?
The only player on his team worth losing your depth over is the upgrade from Romo to Rodgers. Your team is better everywhere else and Witten to Thomas isn't worth a Decker/Gordon departure. I actually like Witten more than Thomas the rest of the way.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The only player on his team worth losing your depth over is the upgrade from Romo to Rodgers. Your team is better everywhere else and Witten to Thomas isn't worth a Decker/Gordon departure. I actually like Witten more than Thomas the rest of the way.
Thanks. people keep telling me they want to trade for Gordon or another WR and I won't. I tell them I won't make their team better while not making mine better. it'll just be tough every week who to sit so Gordon can play because Gordon cannot sit on my bench anymore.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm up 17 and can start Wayne or Hilton. Who should I pick? He has Rivers/Woodhead
Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I'm up 17 and can start Wayne or Hilton. Who should I pick? He has Rivers/Woodhead
PPR? Wayne. Standard? Hilton for big play potential.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Yeah it's PPR.