Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Are there any decent qbs to pick up in the waiver wire as insurance? I'd take megatron in a heart beat though
I can get Eli Manning in return as part of the trade, but the best option other than getting Eli in return is Tannehill/Geno/Pryor
Old 10-16-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade:

Giving: Reggie Bush and Harry Douglas
Getting: AJ Green and Trent Richardson

League: 10 team full point PPR, 0.5 point per carry.

Other RBs:
Alfred Morris, LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball

Other WRs:
Dwayne Bowe, Keenan Allen, Kenbrell Thompkins, Reuben Randle

I'm weakest at WR, so Green would obviously become my #1 even though he's only had 2 good games this year, but Bush has def been my most consistent player outside of the one game he missed and would def be a downgrade to Richardson, but he could get better in the coming weeks as he learns the Indy offense. Opinions?
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
So I'm guessing this is the place to get fantasy football advice.

I have Stafford as my starting QB at this point, with Cutler as my backup. I'm in a 14 team ppr league where QB's are heavily rated (.5 points per completion, -3 points for sacks).

So far this year Cutler and Stafford have been even on point distribution, with Cutler getting the better of Stafford 2 out of the 6 weeks so far.

I was offered Calvin Johnson for Stafford.

My WR's are currently Mike Wallace (meh), Colston (ugh), Josh Gordon, Keenan Allen and Alshon Jeffrey.

Do I dare trade Stafford and hitch my wagon to Cutler?
Yes, and yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
Would you trade:

Other RBs:

Other WRs:

I'm weakest at WR, so Green would obviously become my #1 even though he's only had 2 good games this year, but Bush has def been my most consistent player outside of the one game he missed and would def be a downgrade to Richardson, but he could get better in the coming weeks as he learns the Indy offense. Opinions?
You have to make that trade.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I'm guessing this is the place to get fantasy football advice.

I have Stafford as my starting QB at this point, with Cutler as my backup. I'm in a 14 team ppr league where QB's are heavily rated (.5 points per completion, -3 points for sacks).

So far this year Cutler and Stafford have been even on point distribution, with Cutler getting the better of Stafford 2 out of the 6 weeks so far.

I was offered Calvin Johnson for Stafford.

My WR's are currently Mike Wallace (meh), Colston (ugh), Josh Gordon, Keenan Allen and Alshon Jeffrey.

Do I dare trade Stafford and hitch my wagon to Cutler?
Do you start 2 or 3 WRs? If it's 2, I'd say hell no. Gordon and Allen look like solid plays every week and they're not worth the injury headache of Calvin and the inconsistency headache of Cutler. Stafford will continue to be awesome and you'll probably find that the crappy weeks Cutler put up would have cost you wins. That same trend will happen moving forward.

Quote:
Would you trade:

Other RBs:

Other WRs:

No. Trent doesn't look like the stud everyone thinks he is. With Julio out and Roddy nursing injuries that are historically prone to re-injury / exacerbation, I'd be much more confident in Bush/Douglas. AJ is a stud but you're buying two guys that aren't performing. Pass.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Do you start 2 or 3 WRs? If it's 2, I'd say hell no. Gordon and Allen look like solid plays every week and they're not worth the injury headache of Calvin and the inconsistency headache of Cutler. Stafford will continue to be awesome and you'll probably find that the crappy weeks Cutler put up would have cost you wins. That same trend will happen moving forward.
Start 2 WR's and then there's the flex spot. But my running backs are Giovanni Bernard, Doug Martin and Reggie Bush. So I usually throw Bernard as the flex.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Start 2 WR's and then there's the flex spot. But my running backs are Giovanni Bernard, Doug Martin and Reggie Bush. So I usually throw Bernard as the flex.
How's Pryor scoring in that league? I think if you can pick him up that adds some appeal. For any of the headaches Calvin's injuries may give you, Stafford's production will be tied to Megatron's health to an extent anyway. I'd probably do it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
How's Pryor scoring in that league? I think if you can pick him up that adds some appeal. For any of the headaches Calvin's injuries may give you, Stafford's production will be tied to Megatron's health to an extent anyway. I'd probably do it.
He's gone (by week): 32.7 points, 5.9 points, 28.8 points, 0 points (injured), 23.8 points, and -3 points (chiefs game)
Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That really is a tough one to pass up. Calvin is absolutely a monster and Cutler is putting up pretty consistent numbers. I have a hard time believing he'll be reliable but he's shown so far that he is. Do it.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest I don't like Calvin as much as you guys do. While the dude is a stud he is hurt and has lost the only other capable receiver on that team. If he was healthy and Burlson was at least giving him some relief I would do it without question.

Now if there was anyway you could give Cutler vs Stafford (make the same argument you made here and potentially sweeten the deal for him) then you have to make the deal. Having the QB, WR combo in this case is way way to good to pass up.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I traded Dez for Calvin after his owner was so pissed with him not playing in Week 5 and Dez going off again.

I am a Stafford owner - it didn't work last week because he was just being a decoy, but I'm expecting big things.

Try to get him without giving up Stafford.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would you trade:

Other RBs:

Other WRs:

I want to neg rep you for not immediately accepting the trade then coming brag to us you just raped someone
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I want to neg rep you for not immediately accepting the trade then coming brag to us you just raped someone
My thoughts are similar to FlyingElvis ... Richardson just hasn't been a stud ... not close to Reggie, and AJ Green has had two good weeks, the other 4 he's hovered around 10, which is what I get from my current WRs. I'm curious to see how Harry Douglas does, and Reggie is a stud.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thoughts are similar to FlyingElvis ... Richardson just hasn't been a stud ... not close to Reggie, and AJ Green has had two good weeks, the other 4 he's hovered around 10, which is what I get from my current WRs. I'm curious to see how Harry Douglas does, and Reggie is a stud.
Reggie is more inconsistent and injury prone than AJ Green! Reggie is only a stud on turf. AJ is a must start every week. That's a trade that you should take immediately.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would see if you can substitute Morris for Bush and then its a clear win in my mind.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I'm buying Morris where I can.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Morris and TRich in my mind are one in the same. Should net you 50 yards and a TD most weeks.

Plus he is starting Shady no matter what and Bush is a far better PPR candidate than Morris. So in my mind if he can trade Morris and Douglas for AJ and Trent he is far far ahead of the game.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

As a Richardson owner, I'd trade him if I thought he had any value. *Cain - if you want him, he's definitely a stud - let's talk!*

Richardson: 92 carries for 296 yards & 2 TDs plus 9 catches for 70 yards.
Basically, he's got 100 touches for 300 yards. Not very impressive and showing no improvement.

Morris: 72 carries for 377 yards & 3 TDs plus 3 catches for 22 yards.
Basically, he's got 100 touches for 400 yards. And he looks to be on the uptick with that offense looking better. Morris even had his bye week, so he's even better in the all-important category - average points per week.

If you can find a Morris owner silly enough to love Trent on name and swap straight up, you'll officially be a trade-rapist.

However, I do agree if you can get Trent and AJ for Morris and Douglas, do it! Douglas is a rental and proven in his career that he's not a very good option even when Roddy/Julio go down. The drop off from Morris to Richardson is well worth the upgrade to AJ.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense.

Miami vs Buffalo
Carolina vs STL
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Miami, picked em up this week in a money league.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I concur.

Banged up practice squad QB or Matt Flynn . . . yeah.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am going to murder this ******* guy who wants Knowshon.

I wouldn't take Edelman for him so instead he offers Edelman and Joesph Randle... SURE LETS DO THAT!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am going to murder this ******* guy who wants Knowshon.

I wouldn't take Edelman for him so instead he offers Edelman and Joesph Randle... SURE LETS DO THAT!!!

I gave up Garcon for Moreno and Hilton (2 weeks ago). He's definitely worth more than Edelman and a one-shot RB. Get top dollar or keep him. He's not going anywhere, despite the concern of the masses that he'll lose touches.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am more than content in just hanging on to him. At this point I am 5-1 and in first place with two of the top five RB. I feel okay in that spot.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 10-16-2013 at 03:52 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I traded Dez for Calvin after his owner was so pissed with him not playing in Week 5 and Dez going off again.

I am a Stafford owner - it didn't work last week because he was just being a decoy, but I'm expecting big things.

Try to get him without giving up Stafford.
Thanks for the advice, that's what I'm going for...dangle Cutler and see if he bites.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Tavon Austin was dropped in my big money league. Would you drop Stevie for him?