Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
My WRs are Britt, Megatron and Stevie Stylez. I have Malcolm Floyd and Santonio Holmes on the bench.

My TE is Pettigrew.

Should I trade Santonio for Dustin Keller?
I would rather target a TE on the waiver wire, i.e Fred Davis, Ed Dickson or one of the Pats TE's.

If there is nothing on the wire, i dont see why you shouldnt make the trade, your WR depth is more than good enough.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
My WRs are Britt, Megatron and Stevie Stylez. I have Malcolm Floyd and Santonio Holmes on the bench.

My TE is Pettigrew.

Should I trade Santonio for Dustin Keller?
As a Jets fan, I have seen Dustin start off hot while Sanchez is trying to get comfortable in the beginning of the year, only to cool down during the stretch when Sanchez gets more used to throwing to his WR's. I also know that Dustin is our 3rd option in the air in the red zone, and our offense probably wont be getting to the red zone very often.

In other words, don't bank on Keller to continue his hot start past week 4 or 5.

I also see Holmes as finishing with a pretty big year.
AHungryWalrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, no way I pull the trigger on that trade. All three of your starters are injury risks and you're going to want Santonio down the road as a bye week/injury guy. This year is so stupidly deep at TE. Just grab someone off the wire and lock down the 10 points Keller would get you anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As opposed to bumping my previous question since I'm slightly tweaking it I figure I'll post a new one here. Start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex. Standard scoring besides .5 PPR. Players are:

WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Nate Burleson, Mohammed Massaquoi, Emmanuel Sanders
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter

Given Austin is hurt this week and my WR depth is shaky anyway, I may trade Tate while he has some value. Options at this point appear to be Jordy Nelson or Lance Moore. Yay or nay to either of those?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo Williams vs Jaguars or Mark Ingram vs Texans.

Jaguars have been good against the run so far.

Texans not so much. Still, Ingram/Saints OL hasn't looked good.

Help.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
DeAngelo Williams vs Jaguars or Mark Ingram vs Texans.

Jaguars have been good against the run so far.

Texans not so much. Still, Ingram/Saints OL hasn't looked good.

Help.
I would go with Ingram there, just because he has a better chance of getting a TD. And last week J-Stew was getting all the action in Carolina.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
As opposed to bumping my previous question since I'm slightly tweaking it I figure I'll post a new one here. Start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex. Standard scoring besides .5 PPR. Players are:

WR: Miles Austin, Percy Harvin, Nate Burleson, Mohammed Massaquoi, Emmanuel Sanders
RB: Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Beanie Wells, Ben Tate, Kendall Hunter

Given Austin is hurt this week and my WR depth is shaky anyway, I may trade Tate while he has some value. Options at this point appear to be Jordy Nelson or Lance Moore. Yay or nay to either of those?
Maybe for Jordy... but definitely not for Moore. I personally wouldn't do either, but if I had to do one, Jordy over Moore.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Maybe for Jordy... but definitely not for Moore. I personally wouldn't do either, but if I had to do one, Jordy over Moore.
Appreciate the input, I definitely don't have to do the deal I'm just figuring this is my best chance to get something for him and long-term I'd like to improve my WR's, not much past the top 2 guys (and even Harvin's a question mark to an extent with his lack of usage thus far). Could also try to package Tate & somebody (maybe Harvin) for V-Jax and maybe something else somewhat minor.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just traded Percy Harvin for Cameron Newton. I am all in on the Cam Newton hype train.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
PICKS!!!

Pick 1 QB:

Cam Newton v. JAX
Matt Schaub v. NO

Pick 2 RB's: 1PPR

Arian Foster v. NO (Inj) - Going to play?
Steven Jackson v. BAL (Inj)- Not Going to Play
Matt Forte v. GB
Knowshon Moreno v. Ten (Crap)

Pick 2 WR's: 1PPR

Brandon Marshall v. CLE
Santonio Holmes v. OAK
Devery Henderson v. HOU
David Nelson v. NE
Davone Bess v. CLE

Pick 1 TE: 1PPR

Fred Davis v. DAL
Kellen Winslow v. ATL

Thanks guise!!! :D
I'm on the Newton Fantasy train, Marshall is the best out of the group and Nelson has been just as effective as Stevie Johnson this season in catches and yards, but has one TD less.

I'd put Foster over Moreno if he plays, even if it's just for one half. I have little to no trust in Moreno.

As for TE, they're really close, I just feel Washington trusts Davis more than Freeman does Winslow. They have similar catches, but Davis has more yards and TDs.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I wouldn't trade Tate for either, Foster is still very iffy

Assuming both are playing, non PPR

Tolbert vs KC
or
F Jones vs Was

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Ya I wouldn't trade Tate for either, Foster is still very iffy

Assuming both are playing, non PPR

Tolbert vs KC
or
F Jones vs Was
Gotta be Tolbert imo, but I kinda screwed you last week so......
Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still won but having Maclin & Blount in instead of Manningham and Tolbert would of been nice

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I still won but having Maclin & Blount in instead of Manningham and Tolbert would of been nice
Good to hear you won. This thread can make you feel like a dick.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I just traded Percy Harvin for Cameron Newton. I am all in on the Cam Newton hype train.
That's an absolutely dirty trade. Props, man.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Appreciate the input, I definitely don't have to do the deal I'm just figuring this is my best chance to get something for him and long-term I'd like to improve my WR's, not much past the top 2 guys (and even Harvin's a question mark to an extent with his lack of usage thus far). Could also try to package Tate & somebody (maybe Harvin) for V-Jax and maybe something else somewhat minor.
I would definitely do Tate and Harvin for VJax if you can.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know i should outright reject this trade but i have to make sure

Offered: Peyton Hillis, Percy Harvin, and Dallas Clark
Give: Andre Johnson and Eric Decker

The rest of my receivers are: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Santana Moss

RB: Blount, Felix Jones, Starks, and Ben Tate

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
I know i should outright reject this trade but i have to make sure

Offered: Peyton Hillis, Percy Harvin, and Dallas Clark
Give: Andre Johnson and Eric Decker

The rest of my receivers are: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Santana Moss

RB: Blount, Felix Jones, Starks, and Ben Tate
He's giving you fluff other than Hillis. Percy probably isnt going to have any bigger of a year than Decker (due to situation, not skill), and Clark is essentially worthless as there are multiple TE's on the waiver wire that will put up just as many points.

In the end you're giving up Andre for Peyton. And while I actually WOULD recommend trading Dre for a RB, I think you could do better than Hillis.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
He's giving you fluff other than Hillis. Percy probably isnt going to have any bigger of a year than Decker (due to situation, not skill), and Clark is essentially worthless as there are multiple TE's on the waiver wire that will put up just as many points.

In the end you're giving up Andre for Peyton. And while I actually WOULD recommend trading Dre for a RB, I think you could do better than Hillis.
Yeah, I would start offering AJ for low level RB1s like MJD/Turner/Forte.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, playing Bantx this week in our money league, and he's been talking **** all week. I ****** myself over starting Flacco over Fitzpatrick last week, so who should I go with this week.

Flacco @ STL
Fitz vs NE
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Fitz, they'll be throwing a lot. the only thing i'd be worried about is picks, and NE doesn't have the greatest secondary.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who ya got?

Romo vs. Washington
Fitzpatrick vs. NE

Fred Davis @ Dal
Owen Daniels @ NO
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
Who ya got?

Romo vs. Washington
Fitzpatrick vs. NE

Fred Davis @ Dal
Owen Daniels @ NO
If Romo's status isn't crystal clear by Sunday at 1, you play Fitzy. Even if Romo is playing, I could see opting for Fitzy considering the high potential that Romo may have to leave the game.

As for the TE, it's close. I always give the edge to MNF players, so I go Davis. This is a complete gut call though.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go Fitz over Romo for sure.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, where do we think Cameron Newton will finish amongst QBs at the end of the fantasy season? Am I crazy to be considering trading Romo and rolling with Cam all year with no backups?