Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-24-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, where do we think Cameron Newton will finish amongst QBs at the end of the fantasy season? Am I crazy to be considering trading Romo and rolling with Cam all year with no backups?
It depends on a) How deep of a league you play in and what kind of options will be available to spot start in case of injury and for bye week, and b) how badly you need help at other positions.

At this point, I'd keep Romo, unless someone is DESPERATE for a QB. Two starts is enough to make me buy in, but not enough to make me dependent on.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
It depends on a) How deep of a league you play in and what kind of options will be available to spot start in case of injury and for bye week, and b) how badly you need help at other positions.

At this point, I'd keep Romo, unless someone is DESPERATE for a QB. Two starts is enough to make me buy in, but not enough to make me dependent on.
Well, its a 12 teamer. Injury would screw me, but I could find a bye week fill in like McCoy.

I don't really need help badly, but I'm trying to upgrade.

Currently my roster is:

QB(1): Tony Romo, Cameron Newton
RB(2): AD, Forte, Starks, Helu, Pierre Thomas, Delone Carter, Isaac Redman
WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams(TB), Jordyzz, David Nelson, Danario Alexander, Aurellious Benn
TE(1): Rob Gronk
FLEX(1)

I am trying to add another elite WR. Proposed Romo, Forte, Jordyzz for Shady McCoy and Mike Wallace. The guy has Joe Flacco, but a stacked team outside of QB. Is that the right type of trade you would pursue.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who wins a Frank Gore, Nate Burleson, and Kendall Hunter for Dez Bryant, AJ Green, and Reggie Bush deal in a .5 PPR league? What if it's Harvin instead of Burleson?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id take the 2nd team, i assume youre the 1st, if you need a rb just try dez for gore, but i don't even like that very much

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, its a 12 teamer. Injury would screw me, but I could find a bye week fill in like McCoy.

I don't really need help badly, but I'm trying to upgrade.

Currently my roster is:

QB(1): Tony Romo, Cameron Newton
RB(2): AD, Forte, Starks, Helu, Pierre Thomas, Delone Carter, Isaac Redman
WR(3): Roddy White, Mike Williams(TB), Jordyzz, David Nelson, Danario Alexander, Aurellious Benn
TE(1): Rob Gronk
FLEX(1)

I am trying to add another elite WR. Proposed Romo, Forte, Jordyzz for Shady McCoy and Mike Wallace. The guy has Joe Flacco, but a stacked team outside of QB. Is that the right type of trade you would pursue.
I would definitely do that trade. If he's willing, you're getting a great deal. I'm really high on both Wallace and Shady, though.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would definitely do that trade. If he's willing, you're getting a great deal. I'm really high on both Wallace and Shady, though.
He won't take it, he's pretty smart. That said, I think it is a good starting point and if I swap Mike Williams for Jordyz he may bite.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
He won't take it, he's pretty smart. That said, I think it is a good starting point and if I swap Mike Williams for Jordyz he may bite.
I would still do that. McCoy is quite a bit better than Forte, and Wallace is still a lot better than MW, so you're giving up some depth to get better at two positions. Worth it.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quick.
Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas...assuming Foster sits?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
quick.
Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas...assuming Foster sits?
Tate and not even close
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson vs the Ravens or Addai vs the Steelers. Neither option looks promising. Spiller against the Patriots is the only other option.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, here it is. Pick 2:

Ray Rice vs STL
Jahvid Best vs MIN
Mike Turner vs TB

and then pick 1 for my flex slot:

Rex Grossman vs Dallas
Colt McCoy vs MIA
Whichever RB didn't make the cut up top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2, .5 PPR:

Ben Tate @ NO
Beanie Wells @ SEA
Frank Gore @ CIN

Also, Greg Little or Mohammed Massaquoi? They're both playing the Dolphins. Massaquoi has been more productive recently, but Little's been on the field for more the snaps and seems poised to break out. Wish Miles Austin wasn't hurt and I had better WR depth, but it is what it is.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team is gonna get taken to the cleaners this week. No Peyton Hillis, no Jamaal Charles, no Miles Austin and no Mario Manningham.

lol.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2:

Montario Hardesty vs. MIA (Peyton Hillis OUT today)
Shonn Greene vs. OAK
Willis McGahee vs. TEN

Then 1 Flex:

Eric Decker vs. TEN
My leftover RB

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-25-2011 at 10:18 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ok, here it is. Pick 2:

Ray Rice vs STL
Jahvid Best vs MIN
Mike Turner vs TB

Rex Grossman vs Dallas
Colt McCoy vs MIA
Rice and Turner.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Ok, here it is. Pick 2:

Ray Rice vs STL
Jahvid Best vs MIN
Mike Turner vs TB

Rex Grossman vs Dallas
Colt McCoy vs MIA
I would honestly go with all three running backs. I think Dallas kills Rex, and I'm still not comfortable with McCoy and those WR's.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Pick 2:

Montario Hardesty vs. MIA (Peyton Hillis OUT today)
Shonn Greene vs. OAK
Willis McGahee vs. TEN

Then 1 Flex:

Eric Decker vs. TEN
My leftover RB
Same as my last comment. Go with the 3 running backs. Noshow has been badly outperformed, I think the Jets are going to try pound the ball against Oakland, and honestly, in a shaky WR or shaky RB position (Hardesty vs Decker)... Go RB.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would honestly go with all three running backs. I think Dallas kills Rex, and I'm still not comfortable with McCoy and those WR's.
Yeah I have trouble benching a guy with a history of Top 15 RB production (Turner) for Sexy Rexy Grossman. But I've learned to always start the QB, so we'll see. Turner typically plays well against the Bucs too, so thats a pain in my ass as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

For me... Pick Two.

Sexter MccLUSTer
Brandon Lloyd
Montario Hardesty
Dwayne Bowe
Beanie Wells
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I have trouble benching a guy with a history of Top 15 RB production (Turner) for Sexy Rexy Grossman. But I've learned to always start the QB, so we'll see. Turner typically plays well against the Bucs too, so thats a pain in my ass as well.
Well, I guess it depends on scoring. If it's 6 per pass TD, and only -1 for INT, then I would probably roll with Grossman. I just always think of my scoring, which is 4 for pass TD, and -2 for all turnovers.

If your league is QB scoring heavy, roll with Rexy. If it's more like mine... You can gamble with Rexy, or take a safe bet with Turner. Depends if you feel like you need to gamble or take what you can get.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Hillis is out, so should I go with Sproles or Starks? I also could go Bowe, Bush, Nelson, and Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well Hillis is out, so should I go with Sproles or Starks? I also could go Bowe, Bush, Nelson, and Bush.
Starks is the man. Blount or Hightower? And Devery Henderson or Santana Moss? Standard rules. Should i pick up Carolinas defense against Gabbert?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock : 09-25-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a gut feeling, but if you're scrambling for a flex or rb play this week in a deep league, i think spiller is really going to break out against new england. ran the ball well against oakland and will probably see an increased receiving/returning role with parrish out.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren Sproles or James Starks? PPR league.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
just a gut feeling, but if you're scrambling for a flex or rb play this week in a deep league, i think spiller is really going to break out against new england. ran the ball well against oakland and will probably see an increased receiving/returning role with parrish out.
well... maybe if fitzpatrick wasn't an interception machine :/
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote